Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Cheers :) I'll give it a go

There's always the marking scheme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    There's always the marking scheme :D

Thanks :D Got it eventually! Not sure how well I'd do at it in exam situation but hopefully they'll go back to the usual S&S questions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I went in for English before the class I went to sign in the roll book with my friends I signed in the for today and yesterday. Then my tutor happens to be coming out and she said "you know people who are in have to actually attend class" I said I came in for English then she said you can't just come in for English I then said I woke up late :rolleyes: . I haven't been in her maths since Thursday. I didn't sign in last week I don't think I will anymore now .

2011 Maths paper was quite a strange one and it may have caught those out who heavily relied on algebra for two of their 6 questions. The lesson is to be prepared for everything!

What's the point if coming in? You'll only be revising material or simply given study periods. Don't know why teachers mind it so much.

2011 Maths paper was quite a strange one and it may have caught those out who heavily relied on algebra for two of their 6 questions. The lesson is to be prepared for everything!

What's the point if coming in? You'll only be revising material or simply given study periods. Don't know why teachers mind it so much.

I know and quite a few people have stopped coming in because they are studying at home. In the study periods in school most people don't actually do work and sit around talking , that I'm actually get less done in school so I'm going in for subjects I need that way I'm not wasting anytime. The classes are gradually getting smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I never get people who say no one does S&S - we do it, and it seems a lot of people do. I'd love to try Q5 too but I dunno, it seems kinda hard / we havent done it. What exactly can be asked in it?

Got 60% in my integration test :o I was happy anyways :)

And 96/100 in my last short story. My teacher just docks me marks to keep my ego at bay, I can tell. :cool: :pac:

I have Sylvia Plath , Eavan Boland , Adrienne Rich , Seamus Heaney.
    I have to go over one more myself would I be better going over Larkin or Kavanagh? I was going to go over Kavanagh as that's what my teacher had already covered but I wasn't in the class so I don't have notes from the class. But in the ioe at christmas for the course they went over Larkin as well as Sylvia Plath. Would I be better off going over Larkin or Kavanagh? I know which poems to use for each and I have quite a few notes and the poetry notes book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Anyone got any decent sites for Irish general essay phrases? Something that I can throw in any Irish essays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Having a good few days at school these days! Things have finally started to come together re: subjects that were confusing me etc.
    • I got a B1 in my Minor-Anacrusis (yes minor & anacrusis) melody
    • FINALLY Understand Break Even charts in Business
    • Got 2 B1's in my last 2 French Topical Essays (Sport & Polution)

I also got 93% in the 2007 Business paper I did for my Teacher on Saturday. Happy-ish, but want to get a couple of percent higher to guarantee i'll get the A1 in June! Out of the 3 Business Mocks i've done, i've gotten 3 A1's so I had better not fall down come June!

LIFE'S GOOD :P

Oh yes, you are sooooooo burnt out / unmotivated / etc :rolleyes: :pac:

Haha someone put a thing up in school saying "The chamber of secrets will be opened on sports day" but this dry ****e of a teacher took it down :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Going to ask for a ban in the next hour or two. :)I'll let ye know how it g... Oh wait nevermind. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

• Handed up a Spanish diary entry and note and got 20/20 and 18/20 respectively.
    • Learnt two Geography essays
    • Had a Geography test which I didnt know we had and got 88%.

Good day :D
    Still, I think I am getting more comfortable with the likes of Chemistry but not concentrating as much and losing ground on my stronger subjects like Geography,English and Irish which I want A1, A1/A2, A2/B1 in respectively :P

Bans are for those lacking in will power and courage. Togepi: Fall not into the vile complacency of third party intervention in your life. You must develop your mind and body to overcome any obstacle as it could decide between an A1 or a D3.

Bans are for those lacking in will power and courage. Togepi: Fall not into the vile complacency of third party intervention in your life. You must develop your mind and body to overcome any obstacle as it could decide between an A1 or a D3.

Yes.

:pac:

Really lightens the mood :D Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

What leaving cert?? :(

ConTheCat wrote: »
    What leaving cert?? :(
    Leaving Cert 2013 :D

Patchy~ wrote: »

That's the spirit! :P

I hate how close it's getting I wish I could pause time for while to give me more time to study .
    I still haven't got the project maths course finished either . I might try one of the sample papers and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I hate how close it's getting I wish I could pause time for while to give me more time to study .
    I still haven't got the project maths course finished either . I might try one of the sample papers and see how I get on.

I know :(

Time is flying by so quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I want to finish this leaving cert as soon as I can...

But I also want more time! :P

I'm scared to count the days to see how close it actually is. I might just to see.. . the amount days will make it feel so much closer.

Just counted the days 28 days :eek: I thought it would be in the 30s.

Nine school days left ever. :D

I'm sitting Leaving Cert 1998. Don't know about you!

I'm sitting Leaving Cert 1998. Don't know about you!
    I would hope you're only 14 years old...or are you trying to say you couldnt sit the LC the year you were born?? :confused:

I would hope you're only 14 years old...or are you trying to say you couldnt sit the LC the year you were born?? :confused:

Well I was to sit Leaving Cert 1970 (birth year), but as I was revising integration, my soul was differentiated and a heart attack was induced! After making a deal with the devil's advocate, I traded my soul for unparalleled intelligence and so was reincarnated just last year. So sadly this year I have to sit it! I'd much prefer 1970's LC if to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well I was to sit Leaving Cert 1970 (birth year), but as I was revising integration, my soul was differentiated and a heart attack was induced! After making a deal with the devil's advocate, I traded my soul for unparalleled intelligence and so was reincarnated just last year. So sadly this year I have to sit it! I'd much prefer 1970's LC if to be honest.

Oops, that would make you 28 when you were to sit it, I presume you were going for 18.
    So what are you looking for in maths:P hehe jk

Eathrin wrote: »
    Oops, that would make you 28 when you were to sit it, I presume you were going for 18.
    So what are you looking for in maths:P hehe jk

lol what.

the year ain't '98 reznov, get your story straight ;)

• Advertisement

the year ain't '98 reznov, get your story straight ;)

Yeah I know it isn't 1998. I lied to you the first time when you began criticising my inability to sit the leaving cert at birth. To clear up some misunderstandings:

Born in 1970. Died in 1970.
    Dead for over 30 years.
    Devil offered a trade.
    Under the Sale of Goods and Services act, he sold me intelligence of merchantable quality.
    Here I am today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement