Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Until June 6th :P That would be the most effective ban time but sadly also the least likeable amount for you.

Noooooooooo!! :P I was thinking more along the lines of a week, then come back on, then maybe try it for longer if I can. ;)

And @Eathrin I'd probably just end up making a second account if I wanted to badly enough. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I usually block websites daily but I don't block boards. Thats the only way I can study otherwise I spend pointless time on random websites. I might try blocking everything once and see. But then I still have my itouch that I could use if I really wanted. I can't believe it's 4 weeks it's getting closer so fast. I think I will actually study at home now I need the full weeks . I don't mind going in for just english then once we finish paper 1 I won't go to it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    My thoughts ten minutes ago: Okay it's time you gave Boards a break. It's too distracting... Alright, I'll ask for a ban on Wednesday. Be grand... :cool:

My thoughts now: But Wednesday's... Tomorrow. :(

No idea how long of a ban I'm asking for,* but tomorrow, I am asking for a ban. Wish me luck. *Gulps*

*Suggestions for any ban length between now and June 6th are welcome. :P

Do you have a website blocker application? you could try blocking boards and everything else while you study? that way there is no way in getting onto boards and you'll be less distracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I'm no expert but it just depends on your own willpower :P I could only give it up for brief periods of time :o if you gradually detach yourself from it, its easier to go cold turkey :o hmmm tell your parents to keep you away from the laptop or somethin ? Or keep yourself busy so you don't even have time to think bout boards ? Delete apps on your phone swell :P
    but yeah this is comin from the girl who tried and failed to give up boards :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

No website blocker as I don't have a laptop. I've an iPod Touch though. :( I need to lock it away or something. I'd just give to to my mam to hide but I want it for music. :cool: That's my excuse anyway. :P

• Advertisement

UCD accomodation better be worth stayin up all night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Sick of being sick, finally going to the doctor and getting myself sussed out! Need to start revising :(

M&S* wrote: »
    Sick of being sick, finally going to the doctor and getting myself sussed out! Need to start revising :(

Sorry to hear :( Hope you get better :(

7 Hours and 30 Minutes of waiting :( nada :( I'm so tired and I still have to go to school after this shizz :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Anyone still to finish the maths course ? Like its gettin beyond a joke like couple weeks to go and no revision yet :(
    arghhh yes we're like halfway through our 6th question on P1, its ridiculous :S :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Are we the only school that hasn't done sequences and series for maths? Paper two is grand with me, just a little more revision on probability is needed there; and still most of the proofs on both papers D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Will UCD hurry up and open their accommodation list!!! :P

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Will UCD hurry up and open their accommodation list!!! :P

one hours sleep .... I hate UCD :(

one hours sleep .... I hate UCD :(

Haha you mad yoke!! I didn't think it would open in the middle of the night :S Well hopefully we get it will all this effor! What accommodation are you looking at? :) Oooh and what course dya want? :D

Haha you mad yoke!! I didn't think it would open in the middle of the night :S Well hopefully we get it will all this effor! What accommodation are you looking at? :) Oooh and what course dya want? :D

ha i couldnt sleep anyway thinking "what if its online now " :rolleyes:
    ha I better get bloody accomodation after this :( ah we should, hopefully :)
    I'm thinking Roebuck Hall wbu?
    and Actuarial Maths :) and you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Nah most people actually don't cover Sequences and Series :) but it's not that long of a chapter if you go through it yourself. I'm set for Paper 1 I think. Project Maths however is kicking my ass.

ha i couldnt sleep anyway thinking "what if its online now " :rolleyes:
    ha I better get bloody accomodation after this :( ah we should, hopefully :)
    I'm thinking Roebuck Hall wbu?
    and Actuarial Maths :) and you ?

First 1000 are guarenteed a place anyways :) Not too sure, I'd love an en suite! :P But i'd like to stay with other first years so wherever they stay! :L Roebuck looks lovely!
    Nursing hopefully!

First 1000 are guarenteed a place anyways :) Not too sure, I'd love an en suite! :P But i'd like to stay with other first years so wherever they stay! :L Roebuck looks lovely!
    Nursing hopefully!

I'm on the list :D

I'm on the list :D

It keeps telling me its not open :(

It keeps telling me its not open :(

Ring the accomodation offices :) the sites broken :) they'll tell you whether you are on the list :)

Phew I have it. Have somehow gone from 737 to 732 in the list :P, but I'm happy out! I say if I left it another few minutes I would have gone past the cut off of 776 :/ You happy HistoryKitten? :D

• Advertisement

Phew I have it. Have somehow gone from 737 to 732 in the list :P, but I'm happy out! I say if I left it another few minutes I would have gone past the cut off of 776 :/ You happy HistoryKitten? :D

Yeah delighted number 170 :) UCD here I come, just need to get the points now ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

earwax_man wrote: »
    Are we the only school that hasn't done sequences and series for maths? Paper two is grand with me, just a little more revision on probability is needed there; and still most of the proofs on both papers D:

My school hasn't done it either, but I'm doing it at the moment and question 5 is the BEST thing ever. It's so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Sequences and Series is a gem. I hope it continues to be overlooked so they don't notch the difficulty higher.

Yeah delighted number 170 :) UCD here I come, just need to get the points now ...:rolleyes:

Congrats! That's a very safe number :P but I'm practically guarenteed a bed now if I get the points am I? I've gone to 729 now... I keep checking :P people must be pressing leave waiting list instead of log off by accident :/ they're very close together.

reznov wrote: »
    Sequences and Series is a gem. I hope it continues to be overlooked so they don't notch the difficulty higher.

What did you make of last years S&S question? I haven't a clue about the last few parts

Congrats! That's a very safe number :P but I'm practically guarenteed a bed now if I get the points am I? I've gone to 729 now... I keep checking :P people must be pressing leave waiting list instead of log off by accident :/ they're very close together.
    Very safe :) sleep deprivation was worth it :) yeah we just need to get our points now :)
    Awww poor souls imagine if you did that !! :O id be raging :O

What did you make of last years S&S question? I haven't a clue about the last few parts

Question 4 or 5? I thought both weren't so difficult. Any specific parts?

Question 4 or 5? I thought both weren't so difficult. Any specific parts?

Question 4 (b) Part 3 and 4. Never seen anything like them before! :confused:

Question 4 (b) Part 3 and 4. Never seen anything like them before! :confused:

If I remember correctly, you use the the equation from part (2) [the one you compiled in terms of k and l] then limit it to infinity and you should get the answer.

The last part uses summation until n of equation from part (2). Once you derive the summation formula, you plug it in and solve the inequality as you already have the infinity solved.

Usual summation rules apply always! Examiners just make it tricky at times.

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly, you use the the equation from part (2) [the one you compiled in terms of k and l] then limit it to infinity and you should get the answer.

The last part uses summation until n of equation from part (2). Once you derive the summation formula, you plug it in and solve the inequality as you already have the infinity solved.

Usual summation rules apply always! Examiners just make it tricky at times.

Cheers :) I'll give it a go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement