Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

rkeano5 wrote: »
    I'll see you there so...

Hopefully.

Oh, cool! I'll be the awkward, nerdy guy with glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    Either did I, I wasn't even on Boards then. I remember having a look at it around results time though.

It would've been way better if we posted in it. :cool: :P

Haha I was on boards last year as I did the LC I didn't notice the thread. I'm not sure if I posted as much :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I wonder how many new people will join around results time just to tell us how they got 625 points without studying :rolleyes: no one can do that... Except cian :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    There's a good few absentees for a while now:(

Coeur is gone, he'll be back soon enough though.
    Emptywithme hasn't been seen for months:eek: I hope she rejoins us soon or gets the grades she's working for.
    Bubbleope, Conthecat, Shefellover, leftyflip etc. Gone for a while if memory serves.

I miss those! But yeah, hope they all come back soon or are working hard and get the grades they deserve! :) (Preferably they'll just come back and procrastinate with us though.) :P

Emptywithme hasn't been seen for months:eek: I hope she rejoins us soon or gets the grades she's working for.
    Bubbleope, Conthecat, Shefellover, leftyflip etc. Gone for a while if memory serves.

.... So a good few boardsies ARE actually working :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I miss the old thread :(
    But lads I miss Coeur too :(
    Bet Eathrin all the lads miss Coeur too! :pac:
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    So last year's LCerts actually did work? :rolleyes: so unlike us :p
    Not sure about that, but they didn't seem to build quite the same community spirit around the forum.
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    You prefer us so, yeah? :P
    Well, for the above reason and because ye're good craic, I'll admit to having a soft spot for this year's group. :p
    Yeah... Poor thing probably took some time off because of his friend though :( hope he's ok.
    Um ... being serious for a sec, but what did I miss? 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Superbus wrote: »
    Oh, cool! I'll be the awkward, nerdy guy with glasses.

I'll be the same, (without glasses though) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I wonder how many new people will join around results time just to tell us how they got 625 points without studying :rolleyes: no one can do that... Except cian :P

Yep I'll be right here:pac:
    Can't wait for the new-reg smug 625 pointers just waiting to spread the news:P

I have a mock exam tomorrow...
    and I am NOT confident about this, I do so little applied maths it has become one of my weakest subjects.

His friend died :(

A good friend of Coeur's recently committed suicide, and was almost resuscitated too. He made a few posts about it afterwards but hasn't been on since. Just hope he's doing okay, it must be really tough to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I miss them all :( I'm sure we will have more casualities due to the LC after easter :O
    Well, for the above reason and because ye're good craic, I'll admit to having a soft spot for this year's group. :p
    awwwwwwwwwww :)
    We all knew it Randy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It'll be like the mocks...except worse. And they all have names like 'LeavingCert2012' and 'LCStudent'

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed but yeah! Makes me feel like I should be studying :pac:

Yeah, there'll be a few of "I got 625" with a post count of 1 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

and I am NOT confident about this, I do so little applied maths it has become one of my weakest subjects.

Yeah but in fairness it's hard not to get an A :P Any bets you'll get one!

"I got 700 points without doing anything!!! The lc is sooo easy" turns out then that they're only in 3rd year... :L

Ah you'll be fine! Sure "it's only a mock" :P are you not very mathematical? :)

"I got 700 points without doing anything!!! The lc is sooo easy" turns out then that they're only in 3rd year... :L

Ah you'll be fine! Sure "it's only a mock" :P are you not very mathematical? :)

Weirdly yes, if it was a regular maths paper I wouldn't have a worry, I can work an A no problem. It's my safety subject:)

I think there's more learned method in Applied Maths.
    It's the learned part that gets me.
    I should go learn it:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A good friend of Coeur's recently committed suicide, and was almost resuscitated too. He made a few posts about it afterwards but hasn't been on since. Just hope he's doing okay, it must be really tough to deal with.
    Ah shoite!!! >.<

Poor Coeur! And all that person's family and friends for that matter.

Far too bloody many young people taking this road.

FFS if it's all getting on top of ye lads, go find someone to talk to / ask for help!! BEFORE it reaches crisis point!!

I think there's more learned method in Applied Maths.
    It's the learned part that gets me.
    I should go learn it:o
    See ... you applied yourself to the problem, and came up with the solution! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Cian, can you do project maths? Seems to trip up a lot of people who are normally really mathsy. It gets the best of me anyway. :(

Also, I miss M&S*, she took my baby and left! A striapach!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Just deactivated facebook wonder how long I'll last before I'm back on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Someone post in the thread I made, it's lonely

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Also, I miss M&S*, she took my baby and left! A striapach!

Tá a hiníon saor.

Tá sí saor, tá sí saor, tá sí saor!!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Just wondering what grades are people hoping to get in June??

Namlub wrote: »

I would but I've got no phrases for it!

Are idioms like seanfhocail in Irish?

History peeps or anyone in general :) can ye help me :)
    Looking for a good quote from anything (even a film / song ) about contributing :) I know this sounds weird but there is a method to my madness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

History peeps or anyone in general :) can ye help me :)
    Looking for a good quote from anything (even a film / song ) about contributing :) I know this sounds weird but there is a method to my madness :)

''Sharing is caring?'' :D :pac:

Altho that's a bit off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

For some reason, I get the feeling that Project Maths will cause a bit of a scandal this year during the LC. Nothing too serious, but controversial on a 'mothers ringing up Joooooooooooooe Duffeh' level. Like when English P.2 was accidentally handed out or there was that thread on here about cheating.

And this comforts me. Because everyone will pass or there'll be trouble with a capital T.

subz3r0 wrote: »
    ''Sharing is caring?'' :D :pac:

Altho that's a bit off..

A step in the right direction though :)
    Hell i'll try Barney , he might have some words of wisdom :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Cian, can you do project maths? Seems to trip up a lot of people who are normally really mathsy. It gets the best of me anyway. :(
    I don't like it!
    Yes, I can do it, I'd probably be better at the old course though.
    I find all the explaining stuff to be stupid,
    also my teacher takes marks off me for not writing out every step of such a question, I tend to do most calculations in my head and just write down an answer. That really annoys me, I get less marks because I'm good at maths:confused:
    It's a pretty stupid concept, at least we still have Paper 1.
    The writing parts are stupid but I don't think in numbers y'know:pac:
    Namlub wrote: »
    I looked at it then realised I know no French idioms:P
    I would but I've got no phrases for it!

Are idioms like seanfhocail in Irish?
    Nathanna
    Phrases you might say like Tá a fhios ag gach mac máthair go bhfuil...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

A step in the right direction though :)
    Hell i'll try Barney , he might have some words of wisdom :P

http://www.quora.com/What-are-some-inspirational-quotes-citing-contribution

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

David1994 wrote: »
    Just wondering what grades are people hoping to get in June??
    I want an A1 in French and an A2 or higher in English, Irish and geography - dunno how doable that is, but I'll get an idea with Irish on Monday after my oral :( I'd like a B2+ in business, a C3 in maths but i'd be happy to get a D3 tbh, and for history I just dont care. :pac:
    At the same time I want to get over 500 so I could live if I got 6 B1s I guess :P

Superbus wrote: »
    For some reason, I get the feeling that Project Maths will cause a bit of a scandal this year during the LC. Nothing too serious, but controversial on a 'mothers ringing up Joooooooooooooe Duffeh' level. Like when English P.2 was accidentally handed out or there was that thread on here about cheating.

And this comforts me. Because everyone will pass or there'll be trouble with a capital T.
    OR it'll be really easy and we'll all be fine, and then I'll walk out like 'wow guys that was so hard wasnt it' :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement