Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Speaking of which, in Denver my dad asked me if I'm gay or have gay thoughts. I challenge you all to out-awkward that... :L

also I'm missing so much of this thread! :(

oh and this boring holiday got me questioning - how are the results laid out? In the order we did them? (Im really excited to get home in case you can't tell....)
    Oh god :L that does sound awkward. what did you say?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Thanks Togepi! Lawl science subjects... :P I'll expect Irish first then :O

and Coeur I was so taken aback that I was kind of like ...no o_o and my sister had just said it as a joke (love her... :pac:) and he was like but she just said it and I was like SHE WAS JOKING, soooo awkward :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Thanks Togepi! Lawl science subjects... :P I'll expect Irish first then :O

and Coeur I was so taken aback that I was kind of like ...no o_o and my sister had just said it as a joke (love her... :pac:) and he was like but she just said it and I was like SHE WAS JOKING, soooo awkward :L

Ooh and they have them written in Irish and English so it takes a second to focus in on which subject you got each grade in. :o They should really space them out a little more on the page!

Lolz, one of my relatives always asks me if I have a boyfriend every time they come home, and then the first time they asked they then moved on to my brother and said "what about you?" and he was like "what, a boyfriend? Ho no!" :pac:

(It was funny 'cause he 's straight like, just to clarify.) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I live in the middle of nowhere and I have no interest in learning to drive. I passed the theory test nearly a year ago and haven't even sent off for the licence.

But I thought Sligo was a brig city.

It is a (big) city. There are a lot of little townlands though. Like, if you lived where I live, it's only around 8mins to town. But if you live out templeboy or gurteen it'd be at least 20/30 mins. Tis a grand aul place.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

so i've reached that part of the day again when i find myself in the kitchen seeing if i can eat more food than the previous day. i never fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

imelle wrote: »
    so i've reached that part of the day again when i find myself in the kitchen seeing if i can eat more food than the previous day. i never fail.

By far the best part of the day....the thought of a big dinner too in a couple of hours :D:D I iz vewee happy :P

Lads, I decided I'm going to start a pokemon game tonight. Either SoulSilver or Emerald. Actually no, definitely SoulSilver. Does anyone wanna start one with me? We could like discuss our progress and **** here, t'would be a good way to liven up the thread a bit!

Lads, I decided I'm going to start a pokemon game tonight. Either SoulSilver or Emerald. Actually no, definitely SoulSilver. Does anyone wanna start one with me? We could like discuss our progress and **** here, t'would be a good way to liven up the thread a bit!

I started one on Heart Gold about two weeks ago. :D You'll probably catch up with me, I've got four badges now I think. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I started a new game in ruby two nights ago :o started to play with those rules like if your pokemon faints you release it etc but so far its boring because my sis won't do it with me :(
    And yeah this thread needs to liven up :(

@coeur

I'm going to start my Pokemon black again tonight. I know they are two different generations but still. IT'S ON!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Im starting HeartGold tonight. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

So lads, any good films to watch? Any genre at all :)
    Anything to kill the boredom :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

So lads, any good films to watch? Any genre at all :)
    Anything to kill the boredom :P

Matchstick Men

There's a class twist at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Matchstick Men

There's a class twist at the end.
    This looks pretty good! :)
    Go raibh maith agat :D

I think we should revive/ start a new awards thread . . . give us something to talk about etc :P plus we are less busy now so we can actually do them :)
    Just a thought :P

Meowth wrote: »
    I think we should revive/ start a new awards thread . . . give us something to talk about etc :P plus we are less busy now so we can actually do them :)

The Hamlets!! <3 :P

Togepi wrote: »
    The Hamlets!! <3 :P
    I like it :) we need awards/use the old ones, a host etc :) it would be fun :)
    oh forgot to say, we can't hold them before patchy comes back or he would murder me :P

Awards sounds like a fun idea! :P

Has anyone seen the anime One Piece? I used to love anime and always heard great things about it but I only ever watched a few episodes. Thinking of maybe watching it? Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Good Idea!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Has anyone seen the anime One Piece? I used to love anime and always heard great things about it but I only ever watched a few episodes. Thinking of maybe watching it? Is it worth it?

I remember it being deadly until this vampire arc got started and NEVER ENDED so I gave up.

• Advertisement

You've some good ideas M. The awards will be great.

And the award for most head-in-oven poster... Ms Sylvia Plath!

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I remember it being deadly until this vampire arc got started and NEVER ENDED so I gave up.

Ugh there was some never-ending arc in Bleach that like ruined my life cause it was so **** but I still kept watching it. -.- I want to get back into anime this summer, I used to love it but I haven't watched it in like a year or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What awards were there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Ugh there was some never-ending arc in Bleach that like ruined my life cause it was so **** but I still kept watching it. -.- I want to get back into anime this summer, I used to love it but I haven't watched it in like a year or more!

Wait its bleach that was the one I watched and had the never ending vampire arc. I have no idea what One Piece is about :P

Good Idea!! :D
    ChemHickey wrote: »
    You've some good ideas M. The awards will be great.

And the award for most head-in-oven poster... Ms Sylvia Plath!

So most of you guys so far like it ? :) I'm just kinda waiting to see what everyone thinks :o And it wasn't my idea, i'm just kinda reviving it. . . I take no credit for them :)
    So yeah shall we set a date for them . . . I was thinking the 15th of July because its exactly a month before our results. . . and its a Sunday . . . but lads don't leave it up to me, its all of our awards . . . so leave suggestions :)

In case anyone hasn't seen it before/doesn't know about them . . . this was the old mock award thread
    [URL=]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76141014 [/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

It's a great idea, it's just a shame that some people who don't come on here anymore will miss it. Reznov was great craic, someone should try and get him back for the awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Ooh awards, sounds like a pretty epic idea, love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The awards sounds really good :) I'd want to choose everyone though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

is there a full moon lately or something funny going on with the moon? i'm in a really poignant, Hamlet style mood. just sitting here eating my weight in cheesepuffs and cake wallowing in self-pity. i really have to stop pitying myself so much, it's so stupid..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

imelle wrote: »
    is there a full moon lately or something funny going on with the moon? i'm in a really poignant, Hamlet style mood. just sitting here eating my weight in cheesepuffs and cake wallowing in self-pity. i really have to stop pitying myself so much, it's so stupid..

There possibly is actually - my evening seems to be made up of chocolate chip cookies and sad songs :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement