Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Togepi wrote: »
    Is there a charge for putting ads for books up on adverts.ie or is it free? I need to sell a couple!

Yeah it's free. There is a charge if you wanna make it stand out in fancy colours but meh :P nobody does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Watching the Tour de France and listening to the commentary in French via RMC. Miss the place so much :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Oh my god, this is the cutest thing ever! Lawliet posted it over in C&H the other day. Who needs a social life when there are cute kittens being adorable live on the internet?! :D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/sevenkittens

Currently about 1,800 viewers. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm going to have 27 hours a week next year. :(

finality wrote: »

Basically the same as Secondary School? I had 28 hours a week throughout my secondary education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

12 hours a week ftw! :D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

In 5th year I would do 28 hours in school and 24-28 hours in work and in 6th year it would be 28 hours school and 20 hours in work :( and then add homework time to that :( I had no life :O
    I honestly don't know how many hours I'll have next year :O hopefully fewer :O

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

finality wrote: »

I thought my 23 hours were bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

How did ye work out how many hours ye have a week? Are ye basing it on lectures... because if so I have a 12 hour week. I don't know about tutorials though..

And I haven't a clue how to calculate mine.
    *forever stupid :P*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Geo10 wrote: »
    How did ye work out how many hours ye have a week? Are ye basing it on lectures... because if so I have a 12 hour week. I don't know about tutorials though..

Well I found out by current students doing my course and by posts on boards.ie. But coursehub.ie give a rough estimation if your course is there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm between 9 and 12hrs, plus a tonne of reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Anyone doing music grades/courses at the moment? Anyone up for a bit of ranting about them? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Anyone doing music grades/courses at the moment? Anyone up for a bit of ranting about them? :L

That reminds me I need to get started on Music Theory, I have to get my grade 7 done this summer!
    Feel free to rant :D After missing my Grade 6 flute distinction by TWO MARKS in April I'm more than open to ranting about them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

That reminds me I need to get started on Music Theory, I have to get my grade 7 done this summer!
    Feel free to rant :D After missing my Grade 6 flute distinction by TWO MARKS in April I'm more than open to ranting about them...

Hahah cool. I did my grade 8 theory there in May. Did the whole course in 2 days :L I got 88, was delighted but really annoyed at the same time as it's out of 100, and I lost 8 marks on one 15markquestion and got full marks in all the other parts (other than the other composing ones where I lost 1 mark,1 mark and 2 marks respectively... :/ ) GAHH!

I left my senior cert violin to do this year (after the leaving cert) I said I'd just work on LC music stuff instead... The pieces are quite hard. And I'm about to start senior cert theory(apparently there's no book :confused: ) and hopefully get my diploma in violin and theory next year too in my time off :cool:.

What pieces are you going to do for your flute exam? I'm always interested in seeing the standard/difference of standard (if there is any) between families of instrument.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was thinking of redecorating my room after cleaning it yesternight.
    What do you guys think of these type of colour schemes?
    brown-bedroom-ideas-7.jpg

Photo_Video_273323788_medium.JPG?0

Although having looked at the cost of getting new curtains, a bed frame, paint and wood stain this would be a very expensive project for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You're a blouse.

Eathrin wrote: »

Although having looked at the cost of getting new curtains, a bed frame, paint and wood stain this would be a very expensive project for me:(

I like that one :) Cream and brown is nice together <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm not sure how many hours I'd have. I don't think too many as it's be practical and half theory. I'm not sure .

Ah I hate packing back in Dublin tomorrow can't wait :). Why isit always harder to pack coming back then going over :s. I wish I could have hand luggage plus a bag not just one hand luggage . This got me thinking imagine if some of us are moving to whichever college. How would we fit all the clothes we're bringing into bags.
    I don't think I'd fit all my clothes in to suitcases and you can't really pull two suitcases along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I think the first looks lovely too :).

• Advertisement

Guess who may be going to see Florence and the Machine and Snow Patrol :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Meowth wrote: »

See you there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

My room would be along the lines of the first picture just not that big, it's grand like. Goodluck with it :)

I'm currently working on getting myself from a 'definitely not going </3' to a 'OMG holy poop I might actually be going aaahh!!'. Fingers crossed, I love Florence and the Machine as much as I love Snow Patrol, and that's a lot! <3

And Cian I vote for option one!

I'm currently working on getting myself from a 'definitely not going </3' to a 'OMG holy poop I might actually be going aaahh!!'. Fingers crossed, I love Florence and the Machine as much as I love Snow Patrol, and that's a lot! <3

And Cian I vote for option one!

I've worked myself from defo not going to maybe going :D hopefully by tomorrow it will be definitely going :)
    Same I love them both so much, it's perfect <3

I've worked myself from defo not going to maybe going :D hopefully by tomorrow it will be definitely going :)
    Same I love them both so much, it's perfect <3

I only thought of going this evening, didn't realise it was so soon! :o I hope I get to go, it'd be amazing. :D You never know! :)

Oh and *purrfect.

(Sorry, I had to! :P :pac:)

I only thought of going this evening, didn't realise it was so soon! :o I hope I get to go, it'd be amazing. :D You never know! :)

Oh and *purrfect.

(Sorry, I had to! :P :pac:)

haha same here, my friends are planning it last minute :D
    only problem is work, its going to be hard getting it off :(
    oh how silly of me , *it will be purrfect :P :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Hope you guys get to go, Snow Patrol are brilliant live :D I've seen Florence before too but that was a good few years ago before she got really big, so not sure what she'll be like now but I'd say she's still incredible!

haha same here, my friends are planning it last minute :D
    only problem is work, its going to be hard getting it off :(
    oh how silly of me , *it will be purrfect :P :)

I wish my friends would do that, I'm here trying to see if any of them would go 'cause they all love Florence but I've probably left it too late to get a crowd to go. </3 Ah it's only one day, I'm sure they'll get over it, plus you could say it was a surprise gift or something and you can't say no! :P Lolz. :D

• Advertisement

I wish my friends would do that, I'm here trying to see if any of them would go 'cause they all love Florence but I've probably left it too late to get a crowd to go. </3 Ah it's only one day, I'm sure they'll get over it, plus you could say it was a surprise gift or something and you can't say no! :P Lolz. :D

Ha my friends can be great like that, but its hard with such short notice :O
    oh don't worry I'm sure you'll get a crowd to go :)
    They usually wont give it off without 2 weeks notice :( and one girl in work already asked there yesterday and they let her off. . . but now there is me and it'll be awkward :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement