Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Togepi wrote: »
    Why must I be perfectly suited to two completely different courses?? :(

So that if you end up not getting the first one you will get the second one and will be equally happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

subz3r0 wrote: »
    So that if you end up not getting the first one you will get the second one and will be equally happy!

Perhaps... :P

Gah I'm far too indecisive for this craic! I have almost no idea what I want to do with my life. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

car got clamped today >:( i literally was walking out and i could see the guy putting it on the car.. bye bye €120, practically the only money i had saved for college. . . had it parked in aldi, definitely not shopping in those foreign supermarkets ever again!

ah well on the bright side this surely means i'm due some positive karma? because lots of bad stuff is happening me lately, maybe 600 points will be my reward?

actually at the moment i hope i don't get the points for my first choice because i'd much rather my second :P

You have a car and you have just finished your Leaving? I'm jelly. I hate driving so I contempt with my provisional license and no car.

• Advertisement

You have a car and you have just finished your Leaving? I'm jelly. I hate driving so I contempt with my provisional license and no car.

it's not my car just my mam's, have to pay for my own insurance which is where all my wages go.. some expensive for insurance it's over 1200 (and that's after i passed the test) for the year, i'm gonna cancel it in college, i live in the country so to get anywhere i need to drive :L

imelle wrote: »
    i live in the country so to get anywhere i need to drive :L

Hehehe the benefits of being a city boy :pac:

Hehehe the benefits of being a city boy :pac:

i'm lucky i can even get on boards where i live :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Driving's too expensive:(
    Though we have bicycles and public transport:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Back in Dublin :).
    I really want to drive. I was going to do the theory test last summer but then decided there was no point I might as well wait and see which university I'll be going to first. I'm slightly nervous about driving. I'd probably get lost I'd need to use a navigator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I failed my driving test when I did it :( :pac:.. Oh well, the Provisional will do! :)

My Aunt bought my Sister an '06 TDI Navy Passat for her birthday last year.. :rolleyes:.. No, i'm not joking. She's her godmother and ridiculously rich so, yeah.. Bitch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Am I the only one with no interest in driving? :o Everyone else I know has either done the theory test, wants to do it, or can drive already. It actually doesn't appeal to me at all! Even if I wanted to, it just doesn't seem practical to me. I live really close to the city centre, I can walk or get a bus to anywhere I need to go. City traffic would drive me mad too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

There wouldn't be a point in me learning to drive because I'd never get an actual car... way too expensive. My parents are always using their cars too. I live only a few minutes walk from the town anyway. I'll just get the bus to and from college on Mondays and Fridays.
    When I have some sort of an income (and when being able to drive will be useful) I'll learn! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'd probably have no interest in driving if I lived in the city too, its such a huge expense so I'd have no need for it in a city, especially with bus and train services already there. Unfortunately, I'm living in the shticks so to have any sort of freedom i need to drive :P

I'd definitely learn later in life, especially if I had a family, but at the moment I just see no point in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm thinking of learning how to drive after university if I move to the uk for university if not then I'll learn during this year or next year. Buses are annoying at times. It would be nice to be able to get in your car and go wherever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

leaveiton wrote: »
    Am I the only one with no interest in driving? :o Everyone else I know has either done the theory test, wants to do it, or can drive already. It actually doesn't appeal to me at all! Even if I wanted to, it just doesn't seem practical to me. I live really close to the city centre, I can walk or get a bus to anywhere I need to go. City traffic would drive me mad too!

You're right! I live in the middle of nowhere tbh, so if I want to go anywhere I have to drive. Other than for that reason, I probably wouldn't bother.

Ally7 wrote: »
    I'd probably have no interest in driving if I lived in the city too, its such a huge expense so I'd have no need for it in a city, especially with bus and train services already there. Unfortunately, I'm living in the shticks so to have any sort of freedom i need to drive :P

Me too! :P

I'm thinking of learning how to drive after university if I move to the uk for university if not then I'll learn during this year or next year. Buses are annoying at times. It would be nice to be able to get in your car and go wherever you want.

Oh god, I hate buses as much as the next person at times too, but driving would just be a far too expensive and impractical solution for the moment :P It'd definitely be nice, just not really feasible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I live in the middle of nowhere and I have no interest in learning to drive. I passed the theory test nearly a year ago and haven't even sent off for the licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I live in the middle of nowhere and I have no interest in learning to drive. I passed the theory test nearly a year ago and haven't even sent off for the licence.

But I thought Sligo was a brig city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

so after the spider ambush this morning, I had a nearly worse evening :(
    I was on chill/deli for half my shift at work :( Which is like way worse time pressure than like Leaving Cert History :( and its freezing :( Worst department in the world :(
    Anyways I'm having a bad day and Daniel Powter is the only one that gets it :(

Cheer me up anyone ? :(

oh and me and my friend was messing in work today, playing truth or dare ... anyways I dared her to follow customers around :pac: was pretty hillarious.. poor customers were getting freaked out though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I had a bad day too, I went to the shop and one of the staff there kept following me around. I got really freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

so bored :L lack of structure is less fun then you'd think haha

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

leaveiton wrote: »

Same here, I don't really care about learning to drive. I live within bike distance of bus stops and a train station and I'm not really fussed. Plus no way could I have my own car so I'd be borrowing my parents' cars anyway so it's still not independence! :P

i have serious road rage at times :L
    and whenever i'm driving on my own, which is practically always (forever alone) i start singing to myself at the top of my voice, anyone who sees me must think i'm a psycho talking to myself :/ i need the music, i get so lonely without it.. :')

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My friend 'came out' today, I'm so unbelievably proud of him :) it took some balls, major respect now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Siobhnk wrote: »
    My friend 'came out' today, I'm so unbelievably proud of him :) it took some balls, major respect now.

Good for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Siobhnk wrote: »

Hon the lads!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Speaking of which, in Denver my dad asked me if I'm gay or have gay thoughts. I challenge you all to out-awkward that... :L

also I'm missing so much of this thread! :(

oh and this boring holiday got me questioning - how are the results laid out? In the order we did them? (Im really excited to get home in case you can't tell....)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Speaking of which, in Denver my dad asked me if I'm gay or have gay thoughts. I challenge you all to out-awkward that... :L

also I'm missing so much of this thread! :(

oh and this boring holiday got me questioning - how are the results laid out? In the order we did them? (Im really excited to get home in case you can't tell....)

Mine started with Irish, English, Maths, History, French, then my other two, so I'd imagine yours will be something like that seeing as you do those subjects. :P They might have your Geography before French though, and I don't know where the sciencey ones go!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement