Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Florence and the Machine are really good live :) I saw them at this festival thing last week. I wasn't in the crowds right at the stage as my friend doesn't like them .
    They're well worth seeing :).
    I love shake it out :).

Omg I've spent so much in the space of 2 days. I'm terrible with money, such a impulse buyer . I really should not have a laser card lucky it's not a credit card . I don't know how I'm going to budget if I end up moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Meowth wrote: »
    Ha my friends can be great like that, but its hard with such short notice :O
    oh don't worry I'm sure you'll get a crowd to go :)
    They usually wont give it off without 2 weeks notice :( and one girl in work already asked there yesterday and they let her off. . . but now there is me and it'll be awkward :O

Mine hate short notice, unless we're going to town, in which case it's always like 'yeah we're leaving in ten minutes do you want a lift?' :pac: One of my friends already saw her but I couldn't go that time 'cause of school and all that, otherwise she'd definitely go again. :(

Ah sure then you can say 'OMG but you let her off that is so unfair!' and then throw a Pokéball at your boss. :D :P

...This is why I don't have a job. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Mine hate short notice, unless we're going to town, in which case it's always like 'yeah we're leaving in ten minutes do you want a lift?' :pac: One of my friends already saw her but I couldn't go that time 'cause of school and all that, otherwise she'd definitely go again. :(

Ah sure then you can say 'OMG but you let her off that is so unfair!' and then throw a Pokéball at your boss. :D :P

...This is why I don't have a job. :pac:

Hahaha I see :pac: my friends live off the short notice thing :L awww that sucks :( Don't worry, you'll find people :)

Hahahahaha :pac: if only pokemon existed :( :pac:

Ah nah you're just too cool for the workscene :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

What's SHM?

Swedish House Mafia :)

i'm redecorating my room at the moment, not sure if i should have bothered because i'll be in college next year :D i really wanna get random paint colours and just fling and feck them at the cream walls but i don't think my mam will approve..

• Advertisement

has anyone else ever seen these before? just found them today with a friend and we spent the whole day watching them. we have no lives :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

lol @ that video

2.14 minutes was hilarious

15:42 is my favourite i think :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

imelle wrote: »
    Swedish House Mafia :)

How sad is it I was about to answer Simple Harmonic Motion? :P

Chuchoter wrote: »

Is that a Physics thing? We use that in DCG, in the mechanics section, so it sounds like it'd be on the Physics course. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Is that a Physics thing? We use that in DCG, in the mechanics section, so it sounds like it'd be on the Physics course. :P

Yup its on physics. God my brain still hasn't gotten rid of any of that useless crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Chuchoter wrote: »

Simple Harmonic Motion is a pretty good name for a band methinks!

If I was ever good at music and if I ever formed my own band I'd name it Rocket Propulsion Test Chamber, I'm dead serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Perpetual Motion Squad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Eathrin wrote: »
    Perpetual Motion Squad

One Disintegration per second.
    1D s^-1 for short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I love this dog he's so cute and talented :).
    The acts pretty good too.

I'm just after going on to that ustream of the kittens the 4 of them sleeping they look so adorable <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Volvo Ocean Race was claaaass last night! :D Saw Doctors, Amazing Apples and a speech from MICHAEL D. !! The legend!

3 out of 6 friends can't go and the other 3 are maybes :( oh nos :( doubt ill be able to go now :(

I love Michael D. <3 And the Saw Doctors! :D

Lads what do we do if there's a mistake on our CAO? It says follow the directions on the letter but I don't see any... :confused:

@Meowth ah go anyway, I'm sure one or two will go along with you! :) I've two nos so far, one probably yes, and then another friend of mine is going with her college friends so I might just go with them for the craic even though I've only ever met one of them! :P

Right so I'm baking and I get out a bun tray and next minute I'm bout to put the bun cases in when I see a massive spider in the tray and wait wait it gets worse. I go to carry it to the sink and then I see about 4 spiders underneath :O
    Why don't I have a brother to help me oh why !!
    Any suggestions guys I'm trying washing them out but that's not working :( and I just can't kill spiders lads :(

Fling the tray out the window. :D The spiders will survive! (I hope... :o :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lads what do we do if there's a mistake on our CAO? It says follow the directions on the letter but I don't see any... :confused:

I presume you mean that bluey neat statement thingy where you have to rip off the sides and stuff to actually see the choices? Well I found them on the underneath side of the side where my name and address was...if that makes since O_o I can't remember exactly now but I'm sure it was kind of sealed with glue but it opens pretty easy. Just kind of peel from the bottom of the side where your address and name are and is should open and they're there in irish and english!!

On a side note, got a reply about the job....by text. Yeah pretty sh*tty isn't it? What happened to a grand phone call. But yeah didn't get it they said they'd keep my cv is a position comes up. Oh yeah probably in November when I'm in Limerick or Dublio or somewhere :D But in a way I'm a little relieved I guess....more time for boards and coco pops <3

If I spray cleaning products on the spiders it will prob kill them/cause them great pain ya ? :(
    so anyway I've isolated them in the sink but they keep crawling up :(

If I spray cleaning products on the spiders it will prob kill them/cause them great pain ya ? :(
    so anyway I've isolated them in the sink but they keep crawling up :(

Hahahahaha. pour some petrol in the sink and flick in a match. they wont feel a thing.

Meowth I always just get a glass/cup and a sheet of paper and trap them with those and then just release them outside! You might need to dry the sink first though. :pac:

Hahahahaha. pour some petrol in the sink and flick in a match. they wont feel a thing.
    Hahahahaha. If only I could do that but . . .
    my mam told me not to play with matches :P only joking :P
    why won't they die/crawl down the sink?!! Bloody freaky spiders :(

Hahahahaha. If only I could do that but . . .
    my mam told me not to play with matches :P only joking :P
    why won't they die/crawl down the sink?!! Bloody freaky spiders :(

I know. I hate when there's a spider in the shower so you decide to wash it down the sink and like half way you feel guilty so you stop but it's too late :(

Okay drama over :) my mam came home and put the spiders outside :) phew :)
    @coeur I know I'm the same :( I hate killing/hurting them :( but in fairness they attacked me :L ambush of 5 spiders against lil old me :(
    Cooking is not a safe and fun activity people, danger lurks in every kitchen utensil!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

My auntie asked me to show her how to do something in Dreamweaver tomorrow and I told my parents I'd be busy the whole afternoon working out how to do it - Google did it for me in five minutes and now I'm free til six! :D

Edit: Oh, and did I tell you guys I got a job?! :) Delighted! It's in a school uniform shop - how many just-graduated Leaving Certs would voluntarily spend their summer surrounded by school stuff? :pac: but I love it, the little kids are so cute when they come in to try on their little pinafores and things <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Saw them at Oxegen last year but I still kinda wish our plans to go to SHM had worked out because it's going to be one of their last shows. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Looking at my first two CAO choices again to try to decide which one I want the most. Why must I be perfectly suited to two completely different courses?? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement