Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    I wish I had younger siblings so I had an excuse to hold onto more stuff. </3 :P

What's your first choice? :eek: I thought it was Arts in UCD! I'd love to be a teacher but it scares me too much. :o :P Yay, we need change! :P Haha Team Rocket would be in power in no time, and you could be the Meowth of the whole operation! :D :pac:
    Haha Awww :') trust me you don't want the younger sibling though really :P
    Em actuarial maths in ucd :) and then arts ucd :) ha dear, it scares me too :L
    we do :') lol I see what you did there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Haha Awww :') trust me you don't won't the younger sibling though really :P

Probably not. :pac: Ah, I thought you'd lied to us all about the UCD part. :P Yay MathsKitten! :D Haha, I'm gas sure. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just spent the past 2 hours trying to convince American Christian fundamentalists on facebook that not all gays are paedophiles. sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Togepi wrote: »
    Probably not. :pac: Ah, I thought you'd lied to us all about the UCD part. :P Yay MathsKitten! :D Haha, I'm gas sure. :pac:
    Haha id never lie to ye. :) although I was talkin to a girl who went to maynooth today and I was really sad afterwards because I felt I made the wrong choice :(
    that you are m'dear :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Haha Awww :') trust me you don't want the younger sibling though really :P

Fair play for putting down what you wanted in the end instead of what you thought you should have put down, you won't regret it! :)

Fair play for putting down what you wanted in the end instead of what you thought you should have put down, you won't regret it! :)
    Thanks coeur :) and thanks for everything seriously, you helped me out a lot when I was trying to make my mind up :) I really appreciate it :)
    oh and coeur some people are just so set on what they believe, don't mind them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

7 hours, that's how long it took me to clean my room. Now off to sleep I go.
    Yep, half six in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Anyone else get some neat statement of courses thingy in the post from the CAO? If I read the things on the back right they allow you to change your course order as long as you send it back to them within 7 days of when it was printed. Doesn't apply to me because I'm more than happy with my ordering but it might apply to some here?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Just realised my college course is 23+ hours.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Still not too bad, 4.5 hours a day around? :P I've my 12 hour weeks next year! Delighted! :D..

Still not too bad, 4.5 hours a day around? :P I've my 12 hour weeks next year! Delighted! :D..

It's not great though..... Less time for coffee! :pac:
    12 hour weeks? That's so unfair :( You're going to have a lot of time on your hands!

Boeing777 wrote: »
    It's not great though..... Less time for coffee! :pac:
    12 hour weeks? That's so unfair :( You're going to have a lot of time on your hands!

COFFEE all the time! :D We'll have to have coffee up in Maynooth when we start! :P

COFFEE all the time! :D We'll have to have coffee up in Maynooth when we start! :P

Oh definitely! :P I NEED coffee!

Oh definitely! :P I NEED coffee!
    Phoenix is class! Or O'Briens is grand in NUIM aswell!

Phoenix is class! Or O'Briens is grand in NUIM aswell!

Yeah and Chill Cafe have coffee for €1.40 and tea for €1. Sure we're spoiled for choice! :pac:

Yeah and Chill Cafe have coffee for €1.40 and tea for €1. Sure we're spoiled for choice! :pac:

Where's Chill? I didn't see it when I was up there! I'm going to have to improve my sleeping habits before I go to college or i'm fecked.. I went to sleep at 7, woke up at 9.00.. 2 hours of sleep and I feel grand! I'll collapse soon! :P

Where's Chill? I didn't see it when I was up there! I'm going to have to improve my sleeping habits before I go to college or i'm fecked.. I went to sleep at 7, woke up at 9.00.. 2 hours of sleep and I feel grand! I'll collapse soon! :P

It's the Student Union Cafe. They do some great deals! Oh I know, I'm not even tired going to sleep anymore.

It's the Student Union Cafe. They do some great deals! Oh I know, I'm not even tired going to sleep anymore.

Awh right, I didn't see a load of NUIM when I went up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

SHM on Saturday :) cannot wait :D

• Advertisement

imelle wrote: »
    SHM on Saturday :) cannot wait :D

What's SHM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Why did I leave my cao until the last day I need another deposit for cit 300. I might change it and put nci back as my 3rd choice if you can send the thing back or otherwise I just have to wait and apply at the last minute when I know where I get. And I'm not sure if I should as if I end up going to the UK I'll need a deposit for that too in August or rent or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What's SHM?

Swedish House Mafia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Is there anyone who can't dump/ sell their schoolbooks??
    I have 4 shelves in my room with all my JC and LC books on them! I don't have the heart to give any of them away (apart from a few JC books my sister stole)! When I was in school I thought it would be a great day when I was able to dump my Maths and English books (hated those subjects!) but I'm even getting sentimental about those! Plus if I dumped them two and a half of my shelves would be empty!

One thing I hate about being at home in the summer (no holidays until August! :( ) is that I'm always hungry! In school you can always buy food and during my LC my mam gave me tons of sweets and chocolate and crisps the whole time! Now that I'm finished now it's like they've forgot I need food! There is nothing nice in my house! I must arrange to go to the cinema or something with my friends and soon!

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Swedish House Mafia

Oh, thanks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Just spent the past 2 hours trying to convince American Christian fundamentalists on facebook that not all gays are paedophiles. sigh.

I wouldn't waste your time, they'll never listen to reason! I've spent many hours trying to convince them that evolution is fact and that men and women are equal!

Okay so I've finally changed my username :) and I love it :) special thanks to Cian :)
    so yeah I've reached a milestone as this is my 1000th post :D and I'm dedicating it to you guys :) this forum is like where 98% of my posts are made after all :)
    ye guys are my friends and support group tbh :) your posts make me laugh when I'm having a bad day, ye help me to make decisions with your great advice and I could go on with everything ye have done for me :) just thank you, ye make this forum :)
    ye guys are amazing and never forget that. :) ye are smart, witty and funny :) I know the boardsie class of 2012 all have bright futures ahead of them :)
    May the boardsie craic continue in the months ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Geo10 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who can't dump/ sell their schoolbooks??

I put up ads on adverts.ie and managed to sell my Physics book so far and even the 2012 Poetry book :pac:

(For the Poetry book, I put it up as a Freebie, as long as they collect it off me. A woman who likes poetry took it from me. Better than dumping it in a fire or a green bin!)

I think there will be increased demand for second hand textbooks in around August when people start buying stuff for school. Hang on to them for now and I'm sure you'll be able to sell them/give them away later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I put up ads on adverts.ie and managed to sell my Physics book so far and even the 2012 Poetry book :pac:

Is there a charge for putting ads for books up on adverts.ie or is it free? I need to sell a couple!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Got a phone call about the prospect of getting some summer work in a shop. Could be behind a deli counter but look I'd take anything for a bit of cash. The woman on the phone said that the hours are a bit bad like from early morning to afternoon or afternoon to late at night which is a dose because I don't drive but I'll see what happens. Probably won't even get it but hey what can you do. She asked me the legendary how much change question and as soon as she finished I had the answer. She was impressed with that. I suppose fingers crossed eventhough travel could be a problem...still though, getting the HEAR scheme yday, a call about a job today. Not a bad start to the week :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement