Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Oh and patch I wrote about "Looking for Alaska" and the 2 books I read last night :)

Does this mean you painted KK in a poor light :( Oh patch :(
    Ohhhh nice! :D
    Haha no I didnt kitty dw :P The character didnt like it though! "Nothing but pigs for neighbours and cows for company - literally" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ohhhh nice! :D
    Haha no I didnt kitty dw :P The character didnt like it though! "Nothing but pigs for neighbours and cows for company - literally" :pac:

Nice patch :) made me laugh :) :L

Lads a swallow just flew into my house :O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Anybody here have external candidates in their exam centres?
    We had 1 in mine, kept beeping his fupping watch, there's a clock in front of you, fup off!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Nice patch :) made me laugh :) :L

Lads a swallow just flew into my house :O

A bird was caught down one of the chimneys in my house, the chimney is adjacent to my brothers study room ... he's doing his JC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Guys, you are free to shoot me. I ran out of time for the composition. Did not finish it.
    Wrote an informal letter.

Is there even a point of writing Paper two at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Hellogood2012

reznov wrote: »
    Guys, you are free to shoot me. I ran out of time for the composition. Did not finish it.

Nah, might as well not even do anymore of your exams either, best to leave them after that debacle....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Why Yes, I would think so, taking into account your respective thoughts, the most you could get is 180, so if your good at english you should have 140 which is a B3.... dont put yourself down man, just cram the crap out of english paper 2

Yeah sure the examiner knows you were under time pressure and will mark you on what you've written. It's not like maths, there's no final answer. You'll do fine, try your best tomorrow and you may be pleasantly surprised at your result.

I wrote about 5 pages for my story.
    Failed to finish.
    I had perfect timing up to that point, but my handwriting was sub par. Freaking nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Ah crap I just remember I wrote Aesthetic language as Anesthetic fml ,I nearly got that mixed up with anecdotes so I couldn't remember what it was.
    I had the least practice with paper 1 my teacher only did it at the end. Paper 2 I should do much better in. I'm thinking Bolands up this year.. since there were references to her poems.

• Advertisement

Dapics wrote: »
    Why Yes, I would think so, taking into account your respective thoughts, the most you could get is 180, so if your good at english you should have 140 which is a B3.... dont put yourself down man, just cram the crap out of english paper 2

Paper two is fine for me. I know my information for it. I enjoy English but timing always catches me out.
    A B3 will suffice in P1. I need a minimum of B2 overall.

I actually looked at my handwriting at the end and was like "niiiceee", I havn't written anything in weeks so maybe the break did my handwriting some good:pac:

Ah crap I just remember I wrote Aesthetic language as Anesthetic fml ,I nearly got that mixed up with anecdotes so I couldn't remember what it was.
    I had the least practice with paper 1 my teacher only did it at the end. Paper 2 I should do much better in. I'm thinking Bolands up this year.. since there were references to her poems.

Ah sure I once wrote semolina as salmonella in an exam.
    *Facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Have this in the paper 1 thread too..
    Think I did my essay wrong.. I chose the last one and instead of writing about a young person eager to move away..I said I had moved away and returned to a strange place. Then gave advice to people planning on moving away?
    Wrong? Thought so :(

I wrote about 5 pages for my story.
    Failed to finish.
    I had perfect timing up to that point, but my handwriting was sub par. Freaking nerves.
    Reznov, don't give up its fine :) you prob did better than you thought :) and 5 pages is good considering :) Just give P2 your absolute best :)
    Eathrin wrote: »
    I actually looked at my handwriting at the end and was like "niiiceee", I havn't written anything in weeks so maybe the break did my handwriting some good:pac:
    mine gradually got worse and worse :(

Oh and lads if Boland comes up I'll cry tears of joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

if they wanted us to do a formal letter they would have said formal letter surely. if that's the case to be honest i think they'll accept either because it's their own fault for not making it clear to us which one it should have been. right? please say i'm right :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm thinking Bolands up this year.. since there were references to her poems.

Oh dear god, what references were they? :eek:

I'll be crying but they won't be tears of joy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Ah I think informal will be grand :D I don't know how I could respond and include personal response in a formal layout.

Reznov, don't give up its fine :) you prob did better than you thought :) and 5 pages is good considering :) Just give P2 your absolute best :)

mine gradually got worse and worse :(

Yeah but my story wasn't so fluent. Just I am unable to think creatively when pressured by time. Should have picked Physics as one of my subjects or even economics.

• Advertisement

Plath better come up, else I'm fúcked.

Ah I think informal will be grand :D I don't know how I could respond and include personal response in a formal layout.

I think so too. If you think about it, they're asking for a personal statement of how your home place affected you and how her text intrigued you. But maybe not as you don't actually know the lady.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Plath better come up, else I'm fúcked.

If Plath doesn't come up I don't know what I'll do seriously, I'll have a breakdown. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Lads you know the one about the rock band and it gave you a quote? A friend of mine like literally inserted the quote in one sentence and then wrote about something COMPLETELY different....0 marks :pac::o?

Thinking back, I'm really upset. Was way too dependent on trying to use the stupid idea I had coming in, couldn't think on my toes so tried to force it in, felt laboured and rushed :/

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I'll be crying but they won't be tears of joy. :(

Bolands lovely though :) Her poems aren't bad like and I think she is overlooked a lot :P If I had my choice though, Frost would be my kinda poet :) I find Plath good but I don't think she'll make an appearance tomorrow. (Sorry Cian) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Have this in the paper 1 thread too..
    Think I did my essay wrong.. I chose the last one and instead of writing about a young person eager to move away..I said I had moved away and returned to a strange place. Then gave advice to people planning on moving away?
    Wrong? Thought so :(

the examiner will probably be kind. :)
    s/he'll view it as a normal short story!! :) don't worry too much about it. You can do perfectly in paper two and you'll make up for it!! So don't stress. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

C'mon Plath and Larkin. Never mind candles, I'll be lighting bonfires tonight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If Plath doesn't come up my head is going in the oven.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Uuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh I spelled "cacophony" as "cacaphony" :| If I lose mechanics marks I'll cry. Hoping the examiner cant read my writing or something. :P Oh well, its minor and its overwith. :)

• Advertisement

Bolands lovely though :) Her poems aren't bad like and I think she is overlooked a lot :P If I had my choice though, Frost would be my kinda poet :) I find Plath good but I don't think she'll make an appearance tomorrow. (Sorry Cian) :P

I know Plath really well, if she comes up tommorow I'll be delighted, I know Rich kinda, so if she comes up I'll do ok but not great. If anyone else comes up I'm just gonna take my time with everything else and hope I can pick up almost full marks from them, and leave the poetry altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement