Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Am I the only one who did the literature speech?:p
    Also, I thought that B on student council was lovely. Just a typical education is more than books thing I did. Although I didn't like the A's. Did the Mary Robinson one, but wasn't too happy with it.

I did the literature sppech, t'was very waffley indeed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah I need to do a Rich essay actually. Going hard on my four other poets so I'm not stuck with Heaney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Massive headache :( pains of no sleep finally kicking in :( power nap methinks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone elses examiner not let you leave early?
    Last year the examiner just let us leave whenever we were done. The one I have this time makes you stay until everybody is finished.

My table happens to be beside the window and the radiator I really hope they will leave the radiator off.
    Where's your desks?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

tea and packet of chocolate biscuits i think, gained about a stone last week might as well gain another now :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Last year the examiner just let us leave whenever we were done. The one I have this time makes you stay until everybody is finished.

My table happens to be beside the window and the radiator I really hope they will leave the radiator off.
    Where's your desks?

I am right up the top left corner of the room.I am beside the door so it is a bit annoying but ah well :P

Where's your desks?

mines beside the window and radiator too. there's also a nest of pigeons right outside the window who decide it's cool for them to cooo all through exams

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Where's your desks?

I'm near enough to being front row centre, completely expected it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Really don't want to do paper 2 english.... can't wait to relax in geography or maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm next to a radiator, not too bad really because I hate having people on either side. The room is sooo cramped though, instead of using the full hall they've split it into three small rooms and we're actually on top of each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I can't wait 'til tomorrow's over - the relief of it! :D

all i want right now is a naggin

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

My examiner keeps drinking tea!! The exam attendent had to walk in with a tray of tea and biscuits TWICE today! It gets annoying that "shlurp" sound every now again! And those biscuits really teased me :( It's not fair! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Togepi wrote: »
    I can't wait 'til tomorrow's over - the relief of it! :D

I've been waiting so long to be able to get those stacks of English notes I have and f*ck them right under my bed! I actually can't wait for that :P They'll get destroyed but ah well it'll be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

At this point I am seriously thinking of not going back over Heaney...Have 4 poets then.Its just I keep forgetting his quotes and I have all three women poets covered and Larkin :D C'mon Larkin :')

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Wesc. wrote: »
    My examiner keeps drinking tea!! The exam attendent had to walk in with a tray of tea and biscuits TWICE today! It gets annoying that "shlurp" sound every now again! And those biscuits really teased me :( It's not fair! :P

our examiner cracked open a can of coke.....I wanted it...so badly...

I don't even like coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

remember when i did my leaving cert, had my own room and supervisor because i was sick with vertigo at the time and couldn't go near the top floor of the school. got tea and all the biscuits i wanted. :D besides being sick, it was nice to be able to sip tea while doing an exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

****! If I wrote my essay on true events will I be docked marks. My story wasn't made up it's about real **** that happened and there's no twist to it. Will I be docked marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

What's with all the talk about poets? Every year it always seems to be ''Plath better come up'' ''If Heaney doesn't come up blah blah blah''.....

It's only one eight of the total English grade, there are so many more important parts of the paper than poetry!

Saying that, I wouldn't complain if Seamus and Sylvia were to be spotted on tomorrow's paper =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Where's your desks?

I'm right at the back, by a door that opens to like outside the building...meaning if it's sunny I'm going to have the sun on my back for all the exams... greeeaaat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Martin_94 wrote: »
    ****! If I wrote my essay on true events will I be docked marks. My story wasn't made up it's about real **** that happened and there's no twist to it. Will I be docked marks.

How would they know?
    Of course you won't be docked marks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Typing up a Boland answer now. If you're doing it typed, how long should it be? #confused

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Typing up a Boland answer now. If you're doing it typed, how long should it be? #confused

My one got to a page speaking about 4 poems. I'd say it's about 2 pages in handwritten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Just looked up advice on paper 1 short story and it says "fiction", I feel sick. How many marks would I be likely to lose.

Just looked up advice on paper 1 short story and it says "fiction", I feel sick. How many marks would I be likely to lose.

They're not going to know if it's true or not. Chill.

Forget about it now, concentrate on paper 2. You can't make it any better now. Examiners aren't soulless creatures though. They'll hopefully see that you've made a slip and won't try to dock you too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Going back a few pages I know but anyone that's worried about small spelling mistakes in your paper, don't panic :) The examiners know that people will make slips, and they can only take away mechanics marks after repeated misspellings/mistakes. If you spelled something wrong multiple times, then you'll lose marks but if it's just a silly mistake they understand.

leaveiton wrote: »
    Going back a few pages I know but anyone that's worried about small spelling mistakes in your paper, don't panic :) The examiners know that people will make slips, and they can only take away mechanics marks after repeated misspellings/mistakes. If you spelled something wrong multiple times, then you'll lose marks but if it's just a silly mistake they understand.

I have a feeling that I tipexed out a few things which I forgot to correct:o

Aesthetic was in text 3 wasn't it? the one about the train.
    Even though I wrote it as anesthetic more than once I forgot how to spell the word and what the style of language was.
    I'll forget about paper 1 after lol.

• Advertisement

I mean, my story was written in first person and could easily have been true (was mostly true :L) but the examiner is not going to know that. If anything it will be more likely to be realistic if it draws from genuine experiences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement