Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I just found a naggin bottle half filled with vodka and orange...to drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Siobhnk wrote: »
    So I went over to my friends house and we had a rugrats session :) not great for the English but oh well :rolleyes:

Do do do do, do DOO doo, do doo do do doo...etc. *Splat*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    Ugh, I cycle to school. I don't want to be all wet:(
    Every cloud has a silver lining ... channel all that anger/sadness/etc in the morning into writing the best short story you ever wrote :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Night all and best of luck to everyone.
    See you on the other side;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So I had a shower and thought of a better short story idea.

The character has suffered from depression for years, but can't work up the courage/energy/motivation to try to do something to change this. On this particular day they have an epiphany of sorts and decide to finally take action to change their life. They realise that they want to live, but not the way they have been living. So they go to see their doctor, and break down and unleash all of the emotion they've been suppressing. The doctor seems disinterested and uncomfortable, and prescribes antidepressants as it seems like the easy option. They warn the character that prozac has been known to cause increased suicidal thoughts in young patients, and to tell someone immediately if they experience this. The character doesn't really pay attention to this, and two weeks later they try to commit suicide, despite always being adamant that suicide would never be an option. One of their roommates finds them on the floor a few hours later and calls an ambulance.

I haven't decided on the ending of yet. They could
    a) be ok in the end and come to some great realization about life
    b) survive, but suffer severe damage to their body which they have to live with for the rest of their life
    c) not survive.

I feel sorry for my corrector.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Good luck tomorrow erbody, A1s all around. We can do this ^_^

I told myself I wouldn't get involved in post-mortem threads, but I'm so there at half 12

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just saw this now...I know randylonghorn does occasionally come across as a woman, but there is only one mod you could be referring to as "she"! :P
    0_o

Yeah, right ... it's the username, isn't it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I added it a while ago I just forgot to mention :cool:

Awh, that is so sweet of you. Using up one of your allowed tags to voice my views on the LC. :pac:

Eathrin wrote: »
    Did we? Ah sure if it's for the Boards:pac:

Don't want to say farewell to the LC forum:'(

It wouldn't be grand without repeating. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Oh my god I was just seeing if I could remember my exam number I checked my phone to see if I remembered it correctly and I did until I saw it was last years exam number. Fml if I wrote my old exam number down in the exam,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

guess who can't sleep

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Me neither. I've been trying like a mofo.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Me neither. I've been trying like a mofo.

i'm contemplating giving up trying and watching the big bang theory instead :D

I'm gonna go downstairs in a bit and drink tea while watching big bang theory :)

Talk about a bad morning to oversleep! :cool:

Togepi wrote: »
    Talk about a bad morning to oversleep! :cool:
    my alarm didn't work this morning ... evil alarm clock :( this doesn't bode well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Aaaaagh killer headache :(

my alarm didn't work this morning ... evil alarm clock :( this doesn't bode well :(

Same! At least it's only Paper 1, it'd be a lot worse if slept in 'til one tomorrow and had planned to read over stuff before the exam!

I love how we can still find time to post on Boards. :P <3

yeah :) boards is obviously the most important thing here :P lads don't worry we all speak English be grand :)

Okay, one last good luck for everyone! You'll all be grand. :)

• Advertisement

Lad across the road has left for school already, and here I am just chillin' in my pyjamas :pac:

Joey. wrote: »
    Lad across the road has left for school already, and here I am just chillin' in my pyjamas :pac:
    fear not we have a rooms in the school btw :) thank the lord :)

I'm staying home. What s the point of paper one anyway? Just 200 marks. :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

"10,000 will sit English P1"

9,999* :D

fear not we have a rooms in the school btw :) thank the lord :)
    Good good :D better not have the small tables though :mad: I don't know when to go over...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Here we go!

Importance of literature :D hell yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

****, totally ran out of time. I think I got about 160 on that, **** **** ****

and it was such a lovely paper too. God damn it

My head is going to explode. Thought I was gonna faint around 11, ****ing headache!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Nice paper, if only I was good at English...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement