Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Deserves more than a C2.

Maybe a....
    C-Ul8r? :D

Good ooooonnnneeeeeee. . :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Oh snap, I'll see JyouN after the LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

For a 20 marker in Business you do 4 points @ 5 marks each. The 5 marks are broken down into: 1 mark- Name, 2 marks explain, 2 marks example. You always put the example at the end of the statement you've made. All together i'd be doing 5-6 lines for every 5 marks. So about 3/4's of a page for a 20 marker!

Okay thanks, but for some of them you can't really give examples, lets say the question was "Why would a business switch from a Sole Trader to a Private Limited Company". One of the points would be access to capital. Would you give an example for that or a longer explanation?

PS. about the geography question, that's what are teacher says anyway, but you know what teachers can be like....:rolleyes:

Eathrin wrote: »
    Oh snap, I'll see JyouN after the LC

F.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Okay thanks, but for some of them you can't really give examples, lets say the question was "Why would a business switch from a Sole Trader to a Private Limited Company". One of the points would be access to capital. Would you give an example for that or a longer explanation?

PS. about the geography question, that's what are teacher says anyway, but you know what teachers can be like....:rolleyes:
    "For example, selling shares"? :P
    (Do private ltd's even sell shares? I dislike business :D)

• Advertisement

Have a feeling we're all frantically thinking of bad leaving cert puns now! :D

I don't even know anymore. :( I think that'd be more for public limited company? I used to be good at business but I've crammed so much other stuff in this week I've forgotten other stuff.

This time three weeks.......:):):):):):)

Haha same, I just revised this the other day but revising all the companies at once confused me :(

My FB picture is me in my graduation suit and the caption is "THAT TIME I FINISHED SCHOOL FOREVER", then my friend commented "until you repeat next year!" and I replied with "Says the guy who mitched the extra maths classes ;)"

My maths teacher liked the comment.
    I feel victorious. :P

Haha same, I just revised this the other day but revising all the companies at once confused me :(

My FB picture is me in my graduation suit and the caption is "THAT TIME I FINISHED SCHOOL FOREVER", then my friend commented "until you repeat next year!" and I replied with "Says the guy who mitched the extra maths classes ;)"

haha, how many hours study have you been doing over the last few days?

Not enough D: I did pretty much nothing today but I plan to do a bit of maths later. I'm just wrecked! Tried to do history, went over my head, I'm just gonna do loads tomorrow...or so I say. :P You?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Yes they do sell shares similarly to a PLC. However they are private investments, unlike the PLC who is featured on the stock exchange.

Ah, that makes sense :) They sell shares to their...50 investors, isnt it? Thanks reznov :D

Not enough D: I did pretty much nothing today but I plan to do a bit of maths later. I'm just wrecked! Tried to do history, went over my head, I'm just gonna do loads tomorrow...or so I say. :P You?

Did a fair bit over the week but today......slept in, was tired all day, did a bit but I'm just having the night off now. I'll try and do a fair bit tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

You're friends with your maths teacher on Facebook? :O im well jell.

Exactly, no point overworking, a rest is always needed :D

F.

I'll take it, I was hoping to avoid the NG.
    This LC thing's not a pot of roses eh?

rosualt wrote: »

Scandal, scandal! Media overhyperreaction! Education reform! Cancel the leaving cert! It's a scam!
    I need sleep:(

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Ah, that makes sense :) They sell shares to their...50 investors, isnt it? Thanks reznov :D

Not necessarily. An LTD can form with only two people. 2 - 50 people are allowed to operate an Ltd. They're simply open to investment. It is up to them whether to advertise their firm and business plan to seek investment or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-XhyLqC344

A guy in my year a while back kept trying to add one of the teachers on facebook and she told him it was inappropriate and to stop, he didn't though.

• Advertisement

And English :P They're so cool :D My business teacher went around adding people too hahaha, but he hasnt added me yet - I'd accept though :P

Anytime me and my friend link each other maths stuff like "In class: 1+1=2. In the exam:..." (you know the drill :P) he likes the links, its great :pac: And plus, we can ask for help over facebook!
    reznov wrote:
    Not necessarily. An LTD can form with only two people. 2 - 50 people are allowed to operate an Ltd. They're simply open to investment. It is up to them whether to advertise their firm and business plan to seek investment or not.
    So they can sell to shareholders like a PLC, but those shares cant be resold on the stock market? Or have I misinterpreted? :o

reznov wrote: »

Not true. An LTD can infact form with just one shareholder. They do it to benefit from limited liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Wish my teachers were like that :( they were good craic on grad night though except one lad got sick on one and everyone was chancing the women teachers :L :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I found all my sample answers for unit 6 on business :).
    I spent ages looking for them the other day couldn't find them.
    Why do things always turn up when you're not looking for them?
    I still haven't found my unit 1/2/3 I bet I'll find them after the lc.

I only got one geography essay learnt off it took me the whole day even though I woke up early and started at 9.30am. It doesn't normally take so long :rolleyes: . I kept getting distracted by the house phone ringing then having to do other things then a 2 hour maths grind session inbetween and then some family coming over. I planned to do so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have about 4 teachers from my last years school for 6th year. Only one of them taught me. I wish I had my tutor she was so nice :) . A lot of teachers in my last school have school facebooks made. I miss the teachers in my old school they were great! .

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

And English :P

Well now you're just trying to make me jealous :P
    Nah but I did try to add my geography teacher a couple years back in the hope she might accept....
    Luckily I don't do geography any more :( Totes awks.

Well now you're just trying to make me jealous :P
    Nah but I did try to add my geography teacher a couple years back in the hope she might accept....
    Luckily I don't do geography any more :( Totes awks.
    Haha I think of my English teacher as a fun friendly guy who taught me English - me and my friend went for lunch with him last week after he called to my house like :') and i've never not called him by his first name either :pac:

Hahaha oh god :P I've found one of the French teachers, I dont have her for french but I'm really friendly with her from extra-curricular stuff, but she never uses her FB :( My teachers are actually so cool :P

What's the worst joke you've ever heard.

Someone told me this one before.

What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor.
    Where's my tractor

Haha I think of my English teacher as a fun friendly guy who taught me English - me and my friend went for lunch with him last week after he called to my house like :') and i've never not called him by his first name either :pac:

Hahaha oh god :P I've found one of the French teachers, I dont have her for french but I'm really friendly with her from extra-curricular stuff, but she never uses her FB :( My teachers are actually so cool :P

Akchooly jelly.
    I want to hang with my teachers:(:rolleyes::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

The other day in school one of my friends was being all like "Ugh, how am I meant to learn all these Irish poems and stories in a week. I'm not even answering on An Triail. This is ridiculous," and getting so pissed off about it.

Okay, fair enough to give out in an "Oh god why did I leave it all to the last minute way." Grand. But stop acting like it's anyone else's fault that you haven't been studying. How are you meant to learn everything in a week? You're not. Right, you're stressed, that's fine. But stop giving out to me about it.

Sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm just sick of hearing this/looking at it on facebook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement