Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I haven't been sleeping well recently either, went at like half 12 which is okay and didnt get to sleep till about 3 :(. So annoying just lieing there

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

So doin a PF today didn't go at all well.. I'm not long up and now I've been told a friend of mine died in a car crash last night. Don't feel like studyin at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

So doin a PF today didn't go at all well.. I'm not long up and now I've been told a friend of mine died in a car crash last night. Don't feel like studyin at all.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

God that's awful :( I'm so sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I havent slept properly in ages. Y'know the LC dreams about doing a crap paper? Well my dreams have been more screwed up. At one point in my dream last night Ron Weasley came in and said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THEE MUGGLE WORLD??! WE'VE OUR O.W.L's TOMORROW!" No joke. I actually worry about what the hell my subconcious is thinking.I am a freak. And then the other niight I dreamt that my Irish teacher came in for a chat DURING paper one :o So, no failure dreams as of yet!

Sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Sorry to hear about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm so sorry to hear that! Drop me a PM if you want to talk, I probably understand a lot more than most people how stuff like that can affect you!

<3 Keep strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm not long up and now I've been told a friend of mine died in a car crash last night. Don't feel like studyin at all.

Oh god sorry to hear that.
    AnnaKin wrote: »
    And then the other niight I dreamt that my Irish teacher came in for a chat DURING paper one :o So, no failure dreams as of yet!

I had a similar dream about Irish Paper II last year, except I was panicking about the exam because my friend who didn't do Irish was sitting beside me chatting to me the whole time, and I didn't want to be rude and tell her to shut up. :o Then my Irish teacher came in and gave me a hug and told me I'd be grand. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Lads i'm seriously thinking about dropping down to foundation maths on the day! Don't need it for my top 3 choices and don't need it for points! Any advice? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@Diamondsandrose how did your mock go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Lads i'm seriously thinking about dropping down to foundation maths on the day! Don't need it for my top 3 choices and don't need it for points! Any advice? :/

Well if you don't need it for points or your course and you think you may fail I say go for it. You should probably ask around about how it could affect you in case you change your mind about a course you want to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Spending more times on boards than studying gaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Just be absolutely certain that it's not in the general admission requirements for the college. Even if your course doesn't require maths, certain colleges won't let you in unless you have at least Ordinary Level - a friend of mine dropped to foundation at the start of the year and then discovered this, it really messed up her options. But once you're absolutely dead certain it's not necessary then you may as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Sorry to hear that's really sad :(.

Just been flicking through the business papers is question 7 always on marketing?
    I'm thinking I'm just focusing on unit 1-6 but only answering the question 1 in part 1 and then another 2 in part 2 and question 7 if it's always marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm really sorry to hear that :( Just try to hang in there at the moment do the most important things, you can PM me if you want to talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Sorry to hear about that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Can you put made up quotes in essays/speeches, to show you understand what's necessary in a speech?
    "The development of humans as a species depends entirely on continuous scientific advancement" as an example? And then carrying on for a paragraph about that? (sorry I don't want to make a new thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Thanks guys,just hard to get me head around it. I really feel for her kids, she was an amazing mother. Just less than a month after my aunt dying too.. Hard to think I'll be going to a funeral and a months remembrance mass in the same week. That's life I suppose.
    Thanks again guys!

Are there any home ec people about? Resource Management is Inputs/Throughputs/Outputs or am i getting it confused with something else? Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

if you don't need it for your first 3 choices, you might as well chance pass, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My local library was closed so I went to DkiT and the campus was deserted, and the library there was closed too :pac: but someone there let me study in one of the classrooms.

I felt really freaked out because it's a big place and there was very little people there, and I swear the classroom has cameras because as I was leaving, there was a new receptionist and he said "you finished studying?"

Felt pretty freaked out lol

Fergus_ wrote: »
    My local library was closed so I went to DkiT and the campus was deserted, and the library there was closed too :pac: but someone there let me study in one of the classrooms.

I felt really freaked out because it's a big place and there was very little people there, and I swear the classroom has cameras because as I was leaving, there was a new receptionist and he said "you finished studying?"

Felt pretty freaked out lol

It is pretty weird when its near empty! Never knew they had cameras in the classes though thats a biiiit weird! I dont really like DkiT campus tbh, always thought that it was a bit unco-ordinated and mis-matched :confused: Not planning on going there anyway its too close to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

AnnaKin wrote: »
    It is pretty weird when its near empty! Never knew they had cameras in the classes though thats a biiiit weird! I dont really like DkiT campus tbh, always thought that it was a bit unco-ordinated and mis-matched :confused: Not planning on going there anyway its too close to me ;)

Ah they probably don't have cameras in the classrooms lol, probably just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Yeah I don't want to go to DKiT either, want to get a place in Dublin and a course I want to do is up in DCU anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Hey everyone. :)
    Hope study is going well for you all. I'm personally pooped after only 3 and a half hours of decent study. Don't know how you guys go at it all day long.

My nan gave me a good luck card today and it said "Good luck with your exams, anything less than 500 is unexceptable". :rolleyes: Thank god she was joking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

So.. Procrastination anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Hey everyone. :)
    Hope study is going well for you all. I'm personally pooped after only 3 and a half hours of decent study. Don't know how you guys go at it all day long.

My nan gave me a good luck card today and it said "Good luck with your exams, anything less than 500 is unexceptable". :rolleyes: Thank god she was joking though.

Less than 500? I had hope in your Nan.

If I was your Nan, my card would be signed with the following wish:
    "Good luck with your exams, anything less than 625 and you can forget yourself as being part of the family."

The motivation just isn't present otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I just realised that I havent gone over any theorems for maths paper 2 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I just killed a mosquito in my home.
    Deary me, something is rotten in the state of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

So.. Procrastination anyone?

Technically, while we procrastinate, we are in fact studying for Hamlet.

In order to understand Hamlet... You must BE Hamlet. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh god jonny I hope you're ok. I know it's tough when someone's taken away in surreal circumstances, I'd say most of us have been through it :( we're all here if you need a chat xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement