Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Martin_94 wrote: »
    What's the worst joke you've ever heard.

Someone told me this one before.

What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor.
    Where's my tractor
    What did Batman say to Robin just before he got in the car?
    Get in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Patchy~ wrote: »
    rosualt wrote: »
    Well now you're just trying to make me jealous :P
    Nah but I did try to add my geography teacher a couple years back in the hope she might accept....
    Luckily I don't do geography any more :( Totes awks.
    Haha I think of my English teacher as a fun friendly guy who taught me English - me and my friend went for lunch with him last week after he called to my house like :') and i've never not called him by his first name either :pac:

Hahaha oh god :P I've found one of the French teachers, I dont have her for french but I'm really friendly with her from extra-curricular stuff, but she never uses her FB :( My teachers are actually so cool :P

Snap! Really annoyed I'm only realising how sound they are this year though, just as were saying our gooodbyes... :'( *cue violin music* :P

Your English teacher called over to your house though, seriously? If he's not a family friend I'd be asking questions :P

My retired French teacher of six years helped me pour my drink (I'd had a few) on graduation night, then we danced to sexy and I know it .... It was a beautiful moment :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

What did Batman say to Robin just before he got in the car?
    Get in the car

What's brown and sticky?
    A Stick

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    Akchooly jelly.
    I want to hang with my teachers:(:rolleyes::P
    haha did you not on grad? I drank with mine and told them funny stories from over the years...the shame :L I told my JC religion teacher (absolute legend) that I knew what she was up to dropping innuendos like bombs in 3rd year, and she was like ...:D :L

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

What's brown and sticky?
    A Stick

What's a frog's favourite drink?
    Croaka cola.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

What's a frog's favourite drink?
    Croaka cola.

This thread has hit a new low.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Togepi wrote: »
    This thread has hit a new low.

:P

Hey...! Someone asked for bad jokes. I'm just supporting my fellow LC students in their time of need. :P

Hey...! Someone asked for bad jokes. I'm just supporting my fellow LC students in their time of need. :P

Ah I secretly <3 bad jokes, make me lol every time. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Think I might do a PictureFrame on it tomorrow, so much to cover :P I should get up at like 7 but that means I'm getting about 7 hours sleep and I like sleep :( English Paper 2 will be the death of me! :P Have to cover all the poetry tomorrow and do some geography to keep it fresh in the head, ah well sure I'll stay optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Wesc. wrote: »
    Think I might do a PictureFrame on it tomorrow, so much to cover :P I should get up at like 7 but that means I'm getting about 7 hours sleep and I like sleep :( English Paper 2 will be the death of me! :P Have to cover all the poetry tomorrow and do some geography to keep it fresh in the head, ah well sure I'll stay optimistic!

lol, love it! I myself am doing another PictureFrame tomorrow, up at 6am. 13 hour cram session ahead! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Has anyone else become really forgetful?
    Like all you do is focus on studying that you forget about everything which is non leaving cert related.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Has anyone else become really forgetful?
    Like all you do is focus on studying that you forget about everything which is non leaving cert related.

When procrastination increases, amounts of useless information stored in my brain increases proportionally.
    I've actually gotten worse at most of my subjects I've done so little in the last...I can't finish that sentence.

Eathrin wrote: »
    When procrastination increases, amounts of useless information stored in my brain increases proportionally.
    I've actually gotten worse at most of my subjects I've done so little in the last...I can't finish that sentence.

Aw procrastination is the worst. I usually procrastinate much more if I listen to music in the morning :S. I've done slightly more studying but still I did about 6 hours a few times during easter I can't seem to do as long as that now.

The more I study the less prepared I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

To those repeating: What's it like? I feel like I'll be frustrated if I have to

It's very weird and fairly crap for the first half of the year but then it's grand. I'm sure you won't have to! :)

You feel really motivated at the beginning of the year. After a while it goes and you do things as normal. And study much harder than before.
    It's not too bad if your doing all the subjects you did before as you're just going over everything which makes it easier. You can meet some lovely people too.
    It's not as bad as I thought it would be . I told myself I'd never repeat and I repeated :rolleyes: . It's weird seeing the people you know in college while you're stuck back repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Doing my own PictureFrame tomorrow, so much to do! You should be proud PF, trendsetter! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Not true. An LTD can infact form with just one member. They do it to benefit from limited liability.

Incorrect. What you are referencing is a single member limited company, but nevertheless you need at least two directors and a secretary.

Please do not misinform the public.

• Advertisement

reznov wrote: »
    Incorrect. What you are referencing is a single member limited company, but nevertheless you need at least two directors and a secretary.

A single member company is a private company limited by shares therefore it is a type of private limited company. The leaving cert recognises this, although I doubt they will dock marks for saying 2-99 shareholders.

Our text book says 1-99 shareholders and so does our teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Not true. An LTD can infact form with just one member. They do it to benefit from limited liability.

wrong a private limited company can be formed with 1 to 99 members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

lol, love it! I myself am doing another PictureFrame tomorrow, up at 6am. 13 hour cram session ahead! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh

You inspired me to extend my study hours.

June 3rd will be known as PictureFrame day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Repeating would feel like the biggest kick in the balls ever for me, theres a very slim chance I'll have to though so its all good!

A single member company is a private company limited by shares therefore it is a type of private limited company. The leaving cert recognises this, although I doubt they will dock marks for saying 2-99 members.

Our text book says 1-99 members and so does our teacher.

Correct. It is one to 99 SHAREHOLDERS, however you still need to declare a minimum of two directors. Thus, the minimum number of individuals to form an ltd is two.

Please read:
    http://www.businesscompanyformations.ie/faq.htm

Correct. It is one to 99 members, however you still need to declare three additional individuals in the formation of a single member limited company as I outlined before.

Of course. But your previous comment stated 2-50. I have your best interests at heart, a mistake like that would be likely to cost you the Leaving Cert certificate for high achievement. :D

Correct. It is one to 99 SHAREHOLDERS, however you still need to declare a minimum of two directors. Thus, the minimum number of individuals to form an ltd is two.

Please read:
    http://www.businesscompanyformations.ie/faq.htm

Reznov, I'm well acquainted with the faq of business company formations. For the purpose of the leaving cert. syllabus knowing the number of individuals to form an LTD is not required, however knowing the number of shareholders is.

I didn't misinform the public any more than you did.

Of course. But your previous comment stated 2-50. I have your best interests at heart, a mistake like that would be likely to cost you the Leaving Cert certificate for high achievement. :D
    Don't worry ;)

Reznov, I'm well acquainted with the faq of business company formations. For the purpose of the leaving cert. syllabus knowing the number of individuals to form an LTD is not required, however knowing the number of shareholders is.

I didn't misinform the public any more than you did.

The minimum number of individuals required = 2 for formation. My original point. I don't care about what the syllabus requires as my point wasnt regarding shareholders but instead minimum number of directors. You can appoint a cat or a dog, or whatever else you want as a director. But normally you'd have two members as you need two individuals to form the firm.

• Advertisement

The minimum number of individuals required = 2 for formation. My original point. I don't care about what the syllabus requires as my point wasnt regarding shareholders but instead minimum number of directors.

When you stated 2-50 you were referring to shareholders, nice try though.

"I don't care about what the syllabus requires"

I find this statement very surprising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement