Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get a girlfriend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

yes

It's BanHammer Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

yes

Go right ahead. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You seem to have gotten the wrong impression of me :p

You don't wash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

op just become a hermit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

yes

tCp90.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kingofthenerds

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Go right ahead. ;)

let me guess its a bloke in disguise

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Snowie wrote: »
    op just become a eunuch...

FYP.

let me guess its a bloke in disguise

You wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

The shift. It's such a great expression. I feel OP's pain though. Every male knows that for a lot of their teenage years women are this exotic species that can only be admired from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I can relate in that I can't get guys to leave me alone. Its sorta similar.

Life's a burden for many :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

superblu wrote: »
    The shift. It's such a great expression. I feel OP's pain though. Every male knows that for a lot of their teenage years women are this exotic species that can only be admired from afar.

exotic species hahaha, if you ever want that rose tinted view to fade, go into the ladies bathrooms.

Ladies ha ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

This thread has gone off topic. Surprise surprise.

superblu wrote: »

totally agree. op, you'll notice the older you get, the more attracted younger women become of you, for absolutely no other reason other than your age and 'maturity'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Also, how the hell do someone come up with the term "shifting"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

FYP.

I like it :cool:

HI5 ? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

use sex panter ,60% of the time, it works every time

DB21 wrote: »

it was first said at a dance in 1940s leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mr.Success wrote: »
    i always make the effort to chat to them but they always end up with some c**t.
    So just be a **** then.

Soooo much flirty flirty crap.
    Maybe Tar can help you OP ;)

Yeah OP hang in there and very soon all the balls will be in your court. Women hold the upper hand from the ages of 16-26 and then the tables turn in a major way. In terms of getting the shift when you are younger it's just a numbers game and the harder you try the luckier you will get. Too many men are fazed by rejection. Just get back up on the horse everytime and you will have your day in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Mr.Success wrote: »
    have any of ye any advice for me.
    i can't get women to shift me on nights out.

i always make the effort to chat to them but they always end up with some c**t.

Save up as much money as you can and spend the summer in Thailand/Frankfurt/Amsterdam. Stop stereotyping people as c**ts even if they are. Instead have admiration for success and copy what works. I often think when someone achieves something well : fair play to the bastard. But I can still borrow an idea and patent my own version of what works. Begrudgery holds you back. In fact it is something that tends to hold the Irish back in general. Be positive minded. Stop putting women on a pedestal as a group like they are some kind of sub/different species. Get to know them before you judge them just like you would get to know anyone else before you could form an opinion about them. Dont be stereotyping everyone in every situation as it's usually just a cover for a lazy dull unsharp mind. Hit the gym and work on your body as well as on your mind bullets. Try to be in the right place at the right time and maximise the chances of it by being as social as possible. And if all else fails.. then fake it till you make it. Lie your fecking ass off about everything to put yourself into a positive light.... that bmw was crashed into by a drunk driver while innocently parked so for now you have to take the bus etc. You are on a career break etc etc. You just invented the new facebook in your bedroom and are in intense talks with venture capitalists etc etc Consider it as training for a future political or business career :D. Theres a viewpoint that women who are attracted to c**nts should be given what they want lol So be a c**t yourself if all else fails.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Perhaps from - if ya can't lift her don't shift her

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I blame the culchies.

I can kinda understand where the expression riding came from but the origins of the expression shifting is a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

84-5-03-1f02-homer-goes-to-college6.jpg

an image in AH :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

What is this place? Was never in here before:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It's the inside of your trousers.

Hello testicles!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulina_C

Buy one from Thailand. Just make sure she doesn't have a penis. No refunds!

Interesting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

psychward wrote: »
    Stop putting women on a pedestal as a group like they are some kind of sub/different species.

Unfortunately this happens all too often. Women then feel like they're something special.

Try saying this to her: 'With this credit crunch we really should consolidate our assets - why don’t you buy me a drink?' :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Try saying this to her: 'With this credit crunch we really should consolidate our assets - why don’t you buy me a drink?' :D
    Wouldn't that be liquidising your assets ?

Advertisement