Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Naas/Newbridge Bypass Upgrade [Junction 9a now open]

Options

Comments

road_high wrote: »
    I’m talking about the section inbound to Dublin after Naas south- 3 lanes all the way so no pinch point anymore.

Ah okay, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Coming off at J10 is shambolic in the evening rush hour. Today a coach heading for Ennis went right up to the split and held everything up trying to get back into the middle lane. Trucks and cars also only moving out at the last moment

These works cannot finish soon enough.

Bet it was a green one !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I see all 3 lanes open from tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Just saw that and just drove on the section and all machines are out of the compound they had, tarmac machines all ready to do final finishing and line painting almost complete too.

Friday evening will be the big test - hopefully it will be free flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Which direction? Both? All of it?

• Advertisement

:eek:

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Which direction? Both? All of it?

Southbound only
    http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleasesAdverts/M7Naas-NewbridgeBy-PassUpgrade.html

This would suggest that m7/"m9 merge tarmac laying will take place this weekend and northbound open next week.

Certainly the jct10 northbound on ramp looks all but complete with just line painting and a small area of top layer tarmac required.

End is in sight

Darc19 wrote: »
    Southbound

That's just brilliant news :eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Bet it was a green one !

Bingo, OD ^__^

Now my turn, bet you’re not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Opened as scheduled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Cazale wrote: »
    Opened as scheduled

WHAAAT!

Looking at it yesterday I knew it was close to opening but I thought maybe Sunday, that’s an incredible effort from the crews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

End is in sight

I think this calls for a big bag of commuter cans at the Naas ball to reflect on the pain that has passed.

In the words of John Spillane, "Well done everyone". First Lowry, now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Now the question is: Will it change anything at rush hour this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Cazale wrote:
    Opened as scheduled

I got on southbound at junction 10 just there now and there is still a good bit of the hard shoulder to do. All the equipment is gone over to the other side so it looks like they might be leaving it till the finish the third lane over there too. There was four lads on the entire southbound stretch working. Speed limit is still 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I think this calls for a big bag of commuter cans at the Naas ball to reflect on the pain that has passed.

I think a free tank of fuel in the least that can be offered to every commuter that has suffered (and is still suffering to an extent) during these roadworks. Or a new electric car each if the climate change heads don't like the idea of a free tank of fuel for N7/M9 commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Emme wrote: »
    I think a free tank of fuel in the least that can be offered to every commuter that has suffered (and is still suffering to an extent) during these roadworks. Or a new electric car each if the climate change heads don't like the idea of a free tank of fuel for N7/M9 commuters.

I see, they are spending millions improving road for the commuters and now they should also throw in a free tank of fuel for each. :rolleyes:

One has to laugh at such sense of entitlement...

The first day of three lanes outbound and this happens!:

https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch/status/1154407479494807552

Hopefully gets cleared quick.

Cazale wrote: »
    I got on southbound at junction 10 just there now and there is still a good bit of the hard shoulder to do. All the equipment is gone over to the other side so it looks like they might be leaving it till the finish the third lane over there too. There was four lads on the entire southbound stretch working. Speed limit is still 60.

Just off it now myself. I counted 3 fellas working there. And yes speed limit is 60kph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Geogregor wrote: »
    I see, they are spending millions improving road for the commuters and now they should also throw in a free tank of fuel for each. :rolleyes:

One has to laugh at such sense of entitlement...

Sense of entitlement? It has taken so long to make the proposed changes to this road I think commuters deserve some compensation for the delays and inconveniences they have put up with during this time. After all commuters and other taxpayers are the ones paying for the changes through their taxes!

I will reserve judgement as to whether the changes are an improvement or not until the entire project is finished, whenever that is. In my opinion the 3 lanes that are open have quite a rough surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Pity that these all these improvements are spoiled by lazy incompetent Irish road users :rolleyes:

Sense of entitlement? It has taken so long to make the proposed changes to this road I think commuters deserve some compensation for the delays and inconveniences they have put up with during this time. After all commuters and other taxpayers are the ones paying for the changes through their taxes!

I will reserve judgement as to whether the changes are an improvement or not until the entire project is finished, whenever that is. In my opinion the 3 lanes that are open have quite a rough surface.

Have you ever made a positive post?

Can you not just say Great, it's opened.

Only a couple of weeks ago you said they'd be on their holidays and it wouldn't open til 2020

On another post about a train delay you immediately insisted that iarnrod eireann should pay everyone compensation.

Compo culture and entitlement has ruined this country.

As for the road surface, check your tyres cos it was as smooth as silk when I drove it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Yes, agreed! wait until its finished but also real test will be when schools are back and holidays finished etc in Sept

On a side note, it was a breeze driving home at peak time this evening quickest commute home in a long time.. (if only it would stay like this)

Have to say that I thought the road surface was like a babys arse. Same with the surface over the interchange at the old bewleys hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Your compensation is a better road.

Shaved 40mins off my commute today.
    Absolutely savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Shaved 40mins off my commute today.
    Absolutely savage!

Same here. Managed to get home in 57 minutes today, travelling at peak time. Unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭red_diesel

Was such an easy drive home this evening. Took 20 mins off my journey.
    Should make a huge difference to us hard pressed m7/m9 commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

What a difference it made today. I was getting anxious about sitting for ages again after the last 2 days and when I got to J10 I felt like homer in the stonecutters tunnel

Stonecutter_tunnel.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Have you ever made a positive post?

Can you not just say Great, it's opened.

Only a couple of weeks ago you said they'd be on their holidays and it wouldn't open til 2020

On another post about a train delay you immediately insisted that iarnrod eireann should pay everyone compensation.

Compo culture and entitlement has ruined this country.

As for the road surface, check your tyres cos it was as smooth as silk when I drove it earlier.

I agree with the bemoaning, it's totally uncalled for but the left lane surface from Naas South to M9 is shocking.

Advertisement