Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

M7 - Naas/Newbridge Bypass Upgrade [Junction 9a now open]

1139140141142143145»

Comments

• I see the link road from the roundabout into Sallins village via Lidl is now open.

Drove along the link road and bypass to junction 9a this morning and it struck me that the landscaping on the project is apalling.

Don't know whether that is the contractors fault or Kildare CoCo, but the link road really they've just built a road and paths and that's it. No landscaping done to plant grass, trees etc. Really looks poor and for many will be the main route into Sallins it doesn't create a good impression.

Not bypass related, but the council are installing a bus stop in the village - plonked right in front of one of the few existing flower beds obscuring it completely. It's like the council just doesn't care about the visual impact or having an attractive public space.

Rant over.

• I see the link road from the roundabout into Sallins village via Lidl is now open.

Drove along the link road and bypass to junction 9a this morning and it struck me that the landscaping on the project is apalling.

Don't know whether that is the contractors fault or Kildare CoCo, but the link road really they've just built a road and paths and that's it. No landscaping done to plant grass, trees etc. Really looks poor and for many will be the main route into Sallins it doesn't create a good impression.

Not bypass related, but the council are installing a bus stop in the village - plonked right in front of one of the few existing flower beds obscuring it completely. It's like the council just doesn't care about the visual impact or having an attractive public space.

Rant over.

Having walked the bypass and the link road there is plenty of planting, it just hasn't actually grown in yet, of course there is no grass, KCC is signed up to the national biodiversity plan so grass is no longer recommended over letting the sides go wild, which is what's happening for the most part, with saplings planted along the sides also. There is a multitude of really nice wildflower (Poppies, wild mustard, red campion, scarlet pimpernel etc) growing already and this is only its first year on very disturbed ground, so very hopeful for it going forward.

Rant over.
    I think we’re lucky to be getting a few bus shelters in the area. Its not often we see improvements to public transport in Naas/Sallins area. They’re usually too busy with Maynooth and Celbridge.

• Interesting comment and comments on the local Naas Ball Facebook page today:

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTE0NzY0MDUwNDYwMDM4NTg6MjkwOTcwODIzMjY3MzUyNQ%3D%3D

Advertisement