Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

http://www.spillit.me/Davidtron4000 :L

Lads I'm so proud of myself! Just weighed myself and I've lost 7pounds in the last two weeks :P ...without starving myself or giving up all junk food :L
    http://www.spillit.me/Leiaj :)

Well done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Indiego wrote: »

I did yours a few mins ago :L

Haha thanks :o ..if only I can keep up this pace now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Back lawdsss :o

So I'm going on a charity walk tomorrow, and I'm going to make this for dinner - I reckon it's fairly healthy - any comments/additions? I am DETERMINED to get back on track - I had a little bit of a hiccup over the weekend (party-sized Mars bars are ridiculously tempting! :( ) but from tomorrow junk food is GONE.

Anyways, the meal :) - fried sea bass with black pepper, served with roasted sweet potato, courgette, chilli and mini corn cobs

SChique00 wrote: »
    Back lawdsss :o

So I'm going on a charity walk tomorrow, and I'm going to make this for dinner - I reckon it's fairly healthy - any comments/additions? I am DETERMINED to get back on track - I had a little bit of a hiccup over the weekend (party-sized Mars bars are ridiculously tempting! :( ) but from tomorrow junk food is GONE.

Anyways, the meal :) - fried sea bass with black pepper, served with roasted sweet potato, courgette, chilli and mini corn cobs

Haha party sized mars bars? :P ....You don't need to give up all junk food as long as you're exercising :L

Hmmm I don't like sea bass, black pepper,courgette, chilli. :P ... Sounds healthy though! :P

You should try going without carbs for like 3 weeks then go back on them.. although if you give them up for 3 weeks you may never go back! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Haha party sized mars bars? :P ....You don't need to give up all junk food as long as you're exercising :L

Hmmm I don't like sea bass, black pepper,courgette, chilli. :P ... Sounds healthy though! :P

You should try going without carbs for like 3 weeks then go back on them.. although if you give them up for 3 weeks you may never go back! :P

When I first started losing weight, I completely cut out carbs. I was
    miserable and had no energy. After I almost passed out in the gym:o I sorted out my diet , I continued eating no carbs but I started eating high amounts of fat and protein. My only carbs came from the crappy protein I was taking. Now I started taking "junk" food again as the saying goes, so long as it fits your macros

• Advertisement

miserable and had no energy. After I almost passed out in the gym:o I sorted out my diet , I continued eating no carbs but I started eating high amounts of fat and protein. My only carbs came from the crappy protein I was taking. Now I started taking "junk" food again as the saying goes, so long as it fits your macros

What about fibre, doesn't that give you energy too?

The only thing I would be afraid of by compensating on carbs and eating additional proteins/fats would be bulking up - it's okay for people who want to follow a bodybuilding-esque regime but I just want to tone up, and I would be burning off any carbs I take in. I don't want to cut them out entirely for that reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hello.. Just back from the cinema. Went to see American Pie - The Reunion. :D It was pretty funny XD I was thinking of looking for some part time work this summer.. Don't know who'd hire me tbh! :L

I could never give up carbs - it couldn't happen!

Here's my handy cut-out-'n'-keep rule book for the next few weeks, if anyone wants to join me :o

1. I plan on eating 3 solid meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner - with a snack in between each meal.
    2. I aim to drink at least 4 pint glasses of water per day, to prevent dehydration and boost metabolic rate.
    3. No eating after 6 (I do most of my daily exercise after 6 o'clock anyways :L)
    4. Aim to get to boxing 3/4 times a week, and if I don't get to boxing then do a muscle/cardio combo workout (any routine recommendations that I could do at home?). One rest day per week.
    5. Increase my fibre intake but decrease my carbs intake (not cut it out entirely, though :L).

What about fibre, doesn't that give you energy too?

Not exactly. The body can't properly digest fibre so when it passes through your body it acts as a cleaning agent for your bowels.

• Advertisement

SChique00 wrote: »
    I could never give up carbs - it couldn't happen!

Here's my handy cut-out-'n'-keep rule book for the next few weeks, if anyone wants to join me :o

1. I plan on eating 3 solid meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner - with a snack in between each meal.
    2. I aim to drink at least 4 pint glasses of water per day, to prevent dehydration and boost metabolic rate.
    3. No eating after 6 (I do most of my daily exercise after 6 o'clock anyways :L)
    4. Aim to get to boxing 3/4 times a week, and if I don't get to boxing then do a muscle/cardio combo workout (any routine recommendations that I could do at home?). One rest day per week.
    5. Increase my fibre intake but decrease my carbs intake (not cut it out entirely, though :L).

1. I hate when people eat 6-7 large meals a day to try to boost to boost metabolism. It doesn't make a difference with regards metabolism although helps to avoid overeating

3.Carbs before bed are fine so long as you're hitting your daily calorie goals.

In point two you say drink water to increase metabolic rate, and in point one you say eat 3 meals a day. If you wan't to increase metabolic rate would you not eat like 7 small meals a day instead? .. Btw the 4 pints of water is pretty achievable :) .. I drink one with breakfast, 3 bottles (500ml) in school and one at dinner.

Sounds like a good plan though, but what about snacking?

Hmm, good point.... I've would consider a snack as a small meal in itself (i.e. fruit salad, smoothie, salad, etc.) - I eat at fairly fixed times, and school reinforces this routine, so I'm fitting my meals around my average day :)

I know it's achievable, but when I'm thirsty I always reach for the Robinson's before the tap :L water only tastes nice after a workout IMO :p

1. I hate when people eat 6-7 large meals a day to try to boost to boost metabolism. It doesn't make a difference with regards metabolism although helps to avoid overeating

3.Carbs before bed are fine so long as you're hitting your daily calorie goals.

I think the spacing of your meals and the actual content of each meal is what counts, not how much you can eat to "regulate your metabolism" - I reckon it's people trying to justify eating more than they need to :pac:

Well it's something to think about :P

.. Haha I like water, when I go out anywhere I always have water too :L .................my friends make fun of me for it :o :P But you decrease the amount of sugars you're taing in by giving up all those other drinks :P

I take around 5 litres of water a day for my creatine to properly work.

I take around 5 litres of water a day for my creatine to properly work.

I don't think I could drink that much o.O

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2014112/Drinking-water-bad-health-Benefits-myth.html Read this a couple of days a go, made me ROFL :P

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Hello.. Just back from the cinema. Went to see American Pie - The Reunion. :D It was pretty funny XD I was thinking of looking for some part time work this summer.. Don't know who'd hire me tbh! :L

No spoilers! .... going to see it next week-end. And how did you get into that anyway? .. Is it not 16's? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

No after school study this week

YES BOI

paddyzk wrote: »
    No after school study this week

YES BOI

Why not?

Why not?

I study at home better.

I study at home better.

Then why did you do it in the first place?

• Advertisement

Then why did you do it in the first place?

I didn't know until after christmas.

No spoilers! .... going to see it next week-end. And how did you get into that anyway? .. Is it not 16's? :L
    I won't... They just asked if I was 16, I said yes.. :) And Boom... I was in.. :L It was pretty awesome :D

I didn't know until after christmas.
    Did ye not do a study skills workshop in 1st Year? We learned all about our learning styles, revision methods, etc. etc. :)

Did ye not do a study skills workshop in 1st Year? We learned all about our learning styles, revision methods, etc. etc. :)

My geography teacher does those yokes all around the country,perhaps he was at your school ?

We did nothing like that at all.

My geography teacher does those yokes all around the country,perhaps he was at your school ?
    No, one of our school's teacher's did ours. Did he not do one with ye so? :L

We did nothing like that at all.
    Serious? It was actually really helpful!! :)

No, one of our school's teacher's did ours. Did he not do one with ye so? :L

Yes but I didn't listen or study in first year..

Serious? It was actually really helpful!! :)
    I don't need people to tell me how to study, I can study. What I need is the motivation and maybe a kick in the backside :P
    Yes but I didn't listen or study in first year..

...I never did any study in first or second year and still averaged high B's in most of my subjects :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭TadhgSk

There was a guy who came to our school doing mind maps, maybe it was him.

Advertisement