Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Just read a brilliant quote by Richard Dawkins.

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Because your mom busted in and said ''what's that noise'' I said ''mom your just jealous, it's the beastie boys''. <3 it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Just read a brilliant quote by Richard Dawkins.

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Came from this interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Midlife,you an atheist ?

paddyzk wrote: »
    Midlife,you an atheist ?
    No, Christian

• Advertisement

No, Christian

not-sure-if-joking-or-serious-thumb.jpg

I'd say joking, christian is pretty broad if he was christian would he not say which branch?

Serious.

Sorry, just wanted to keep it broad to try and confuse Patrick. I am a practising Roman Catholic.

Sorry, just wanted to keep it broad to try and confuse Patrick. I am a practising Roman Catholic.

-________________-

• Advertisement

-________________-
    If he's a Roman Catholic, let him be. It's his views and we should respect that :)

Im sorry but I still think it would....especially in a school environment. Sexuality is something that changes peoples views. I dont think that is being homophobic.
    I have to disagree. If in first year everyone taught I was straight, made friends with me and I was pretty popular among everyone, then in second year I came out. Why would anyone treat me any different? Fair enough talks with the fellas about their girlfriends might be a bit awkward, but in general it shouldn't be any different. :)

I have to disagree. If in first year everyone taught I was straight, made friends with me and I was pretty popular among everyone, then in second year I came out. Why would anyone treat me any different? Fair enough talks with the fellas about their girlfriends might be a bit awkward, but in general it shouldn't be any different. :)

Not to mention the changing rooms.

Not to mention the changing rooms.
    Actually, didn't think of that. I wonder how the school would deal with that.

But keep in mind, just because your gay doesn't mean you fancy every fella you come across.

It shouldn't make a difference but unfortunately, it would.

But keep in mind, just because your gay doesn't mean you fancy every fella you come across.

Fair enough, I just know I wouldn't wanna get changed in front of a gay person.

It shouldn't make a difference but unfortunately, it would.
    How so? :)

Fair enough, I just know I wouldn't wanna get changed in front of a gay person.
    Suppose. What about bisexuals. If schools were going to be the way ye were saying they'd be complete social outcasts.

You say a gay guy doesn't fancy every guy he meets, girls don't fancy every boy they meet, neither do guys fancy every girl they meet. If you have a gay guy in the boys changing rooms you might as well let the guys and girls change together.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

True, but still it is unfair on the straight guys. Its like a straight guy being allowed to get changed in a women's changing room (heaven :P ).

• Advertisement

You say a gay guy doesn't fancy every guy he meets, girls don't fancy every boy they meet, neither do guys fancy every girl they meet. If you have a gay guy in the boys changing rooms you might as well let the guys and girls change together.

exactly.

Good for you.
    It's very hard to be who you at 14/15

Fair play man.

Jesus this thread is obsessed with gays :L

I go to a small all-boys school, There is one gay kid .He gets bullied due to the fact that he is gay. It's unfortunate but it is something that happens in a school environment .

Good for you.
    It's very hard to be who you at 14/15
    Speaking hypothetically. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

Fair Play.

I understand what your saying, I'm just saying that it's new times. Schools should really be looking into the future. What are they going to do if LGBT people are going to start coming out earlier.

Lads.. Ye do realise I was speaking hypothetically? I was saying 'IF'.. :L

• Advertisement

I understand what your saying, I'm just saying that it's new times. Schools should really be looking into the future. What are they going to do if LGBT people are going to start coming out earlier.

What the fcuk does LGBT mean?

Advertisement