Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Indiego wrote: »
    Theres 200 in my school.. :L
    And thats why we have two HL Maths classes :L

More people in your year than my whole school.:eek:
    Serious? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

haha we've been like rivals since 1st year, we'd always try to get higher than eachother, usually we got bout the same scores, but she let stress get the better of her XD

Ooooh miaowww - jk jk back in first year I was super competitive but then I learned, corny as it sounds the best person to compete with is yourself... tis the motto of nerds the world over :o

Plus I forgot about the guy I was competitive with and I ended up getting more As than him! ;) Moral of the story?
    Forget about the competition and keep your eyes on the prize, lawddsss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Forgot I have a test on Pythagoras' theorem tomorrow.... sh*t..

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    BOOM! BTW Leia and Sarah.. I thought we could get t-shirts ;)

nerd+squad.jpg

YESSSS :D

• Advertisement

SChique00 wrote: »
    Ooooh miaowww - jk jk back in first year I was super competitive but then I learned, corny as it sounds the best person to compete with is yourself... tis the motto of nerds the world over :o

Hehe, I never worked in first or second year and averaged b's so I wasn't really in competition with anyone.

YESSSS :D
    I seen a theme song last night.. :L The One That Got An A (Katy Perry parody)... Can't remember where I seen it! :L Ill have to check my History :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Forgot I have a test on Pythagoras' theorem tomorrow.... sh*t..
    Be graaaaaaaaand :P

I seen a theme song last night.. :L The One That Got An A (Katy Perry parody)... Can't remember where I seen it! :L Ill have to check my History :L

Found It!! XD

To the music of Katy Perry - The One That Got Away

Second year of high school, in sophomore math
    My classmates think I’m nerdy, so very egg-head
    And now it is exam day, I know just what to do
    I’m the only one who studied and my grade is proof
    Those guys who play football each got 42
    I got the perfect grade, think they’d get the clue

I stayed up all night, studied till I hurl
    Reading about algebra, good grades- they are my world
    They stayed out all night, don’t care ‘bout their grades
    So now I get to say I was the one that got an A
    The one that got an A

Got stuffed in a locker right after class
    Seven kids who got D minus, and they all laughed
    It wouldn’t be an issue, except the teachers helped, whoa!

Someone broke my glasses, know what to do
    Just fix with tape, they’re as good as new
    With my pocket protector, suspenders, bow tie too…

Cause studying’s my life, love it like a girl
    Love all of the sciences, the history of the world
    I study all night, can’t get a bad grade
    I study so I say I was the one that got an A
    No one else got an A

No one
    No one
    No one
    No one else got an A

I’m already building my own time machine, (whoa!)
    And then I’d go back to Germany, (oh)
    These tests will lead to what I’ve always dreamed, (whoa)
    To work with Al Einstein

I stay up all night, writing what I’ve learned
    Books stacked up like pyramids, this grade won’t go unearned
    I’ve won the Nobel Prize, fifth since I was eight
    For this test I can say I was the one that got an A
    The one that got an A

The one
    The one
    The one

Finally get my prize, teacher comes my way
    Then he hands me my grade, and then I had to look away…
    B-minus was my grade…

XD

I fail at study. Plans don't work for me after a few days, and right now I'm just trying to get a bit done each night to make myself feel slightly better about how little I've been doing all year, and how little I'm doing right now. You'd think the fact that this is all going to be over in a little more than a month would motivate me into studying. No such luck...I also blame Eurovision for my study-related problems this week.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the whole thing but tbh...I think if I'd been studying all year but still had the same amount of knowledge in my head as I do now without doing that (does that make any sense?) I'd feel really calm about the whole thing...I feel bad about not studying, but I don't feel particularly screwed for anything...if it wasn't for my high expectations, I'd be bouncing off walls.

Right now I'm pretty much trying to revise the whole courses of History, Geography and Science. Science is going swimmingly, Geography's alright and History revision isn't going too well, but I love History and probably don't need to study a whole lot for it anyway. I'm ignoring English until the days before it kicks off, I'm planning on learning a load of French letter phrases, I'm pretty much ignoring Irish other than trying to improve at grammar, I'll go over my maths theorems and constructions some time before the exam, I almost feel over-confident for Business and as for CSPE, well, it'll be grand...I couldn't care less about what grade I get for Home Ec either, night before studying I'm thinking.

Fair play to anyone who actually read that, just me unloading my study angst...meh, I'm a failure at studying and I'm most likely not going to get the results I've been hoping but meh, it'll be grand.

Slow Show, I believe you wrote this way back when? :D

• Advertisement

I just found an old post of mine from after the mocks last year, cos I wanted to see what I got in the mocks:
    A - History -HL- (86%), Science -HL- (86%), Geography -HL- (91%)
    B - English -HL- (69%), Maths -HL- (74%), Religion -HL- (76%), Spanish -HL- (71%), CSPE (80%)
    C - Irish -HL- (60%)

So like just sayin lads, its possible to basically go up a grade in everything :pac:

I always studied and got good marks right from 1st year, and in the Mocks I got about 7 Bs, 1 D and 2 As. I've only really started cramming now cos it's the holidays and all but I'm afraid I won't get everything covered by June. If anybody got good marks in the Junior (I'm talking 5 or 6 As, anyways), when did you start studying properly? And if you started before April then is it too late for me? I'm going mental thanks
    Oh and how do you study for HL English? It's the only thing I want to do well in, even if I fail all the others...

And a certain someone wrote this.... :o Lord I worried too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

I just found an old post of mine from after the mocks last year, cos I wanted to see what I got in the mocks:

So like just sayin lads, its possible to basically go up a grade in everything :pac:

Huge improvement in English :O

I maintained/upped my grade in everything bar sh!tty Business - got an A in the mocks and a B in the JC :L

And a certain someone wrote this.... :o Lord I worried too much!

I keep all my feelings bottled up inside (even happy ones) like the emotionally crippled person I am.

Well Done :D

I maintained/upped my grade in everything bar sh!tty Business - got an A in the mocks and a B in the JC :L
    Goes to show is suppose!! Don't expect to keep your As :D

I keep all my feelings bottled up inside (even happy ones) like the emotionally crippled person I am.
    Thats not gooood.. :L

I let everyyything out XD Which can be a bad thing :L

I like to hit people.. :) In a nice way though.. Like slapping someone round the head with a uni-hock stick by ''accident'' in PE :)

Haha same - I have the unfortunate habit of spewing my feelings all over everyone without filtering out the bad bits :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ohsurelook

Does anyone know how sexy I am? No? Well here's proof...

I studied french......in the MORNING today

Two more gems of stupidness from me :rolleyes:
    Im actually soooo nervous about the exams :O All year I kept saying to myself that I wouldnt get stressed or panic or anything close to the exams....so much for that... the past week has been the most fretful, stressed, frantic blur of random studying... I hoping to use next week to compose myself :L
    Ive officially gone over the edge...
    Ive realised how much I dont know, and cant focus enough to learn it all, I keep jumping from topic to topic...
    Only the little things in life are keeping me going...

These are dated from the end of may last year.. if any of ye start talking like that ima give you a stern talking to :P

Goes to show is suppose!! Don't expect to keep your As :D

True, very true - you live and learn ;) but your mocks are not meant to be a carbon copy of your real results - they're only designed to show you how far along you are and what topics need a little work :) and the majority of people do really well and overcome their poorer mock results, provided they put in a bit of effort :cool:

I know that's why I said I was 'emotionally crippled' :L

...Not a bad thing, just be careful who you let it out to.

These are dated from the end of may last year.. if any of ye start talking like that ima give you a stern talking to :P
    Oh Jebus.. You did panic :L :)

And me! :p I was such an eejit (still am, tbf)
    When I say this people disagree with me, but I believe it is best to keep your expectations low to fair, and then you can't be disappointed. Some people say think positively and positivity will flow from you, but this won't change the examiner's feelings towards your work, will it? If you do well, that's brilliant, but if you don't, remember it's just an exam and it doesn't determine your worth as a person. EG, I love English and it's (supposed to be) my best subject, but I really messed up the exam. That said, I know I put in 3 years worth of hard graft and I don't need a letter on a page to verify this (although it would be nice to get an A!).
    Your grades look acheivable and here's hoping you get what you want best of luck to all - not long to go now!
    OK, so here are my optomistic predictions slightly(!) unrealistic, but here it goes:
    ENGLISH - A (have not a hope in hell)
    MATHS - C
    IRISH - A
    HISTORY - A
    GEOGRAPHY - A
    SCIENCE - B
    HOME EC - A (burning the examiner's mouth will not go in my favour )
    TECHNOLOGY - B (again, not a hope since my project was kerrap and I had a weeny accident during the exam)
    FRENCH - A
    BUSINESS - A
    CSPE (but don't count it as a subject) - A

More realistic (but highly negative) predictions:
    ENGLISH - B/C
    MATHS - D
    IRISH - B
    HISTORY - A/B
    GEOGRAPHY - A/B
    SCIENCE - C
    HOME EC - A/B
    TECHNOLOGY - D
    FRENCH - A
    BUSINESS - A/B
    CSPE - A

Cringey, much? :D

I know that's why I said I was 'emotionally crippled' :L

...Not a bad thing, just be careful who you let it out to.

You need to work on that so :P

Haha yeah I never really think about the problems of telling anyone everything about me :o

Oh Jebus.. You did panic :L :)

Yep.. that's not even the worst of it, at one point a few days after those posts I had like a meltdown and burst out crying in easons looking at revision books..:cool:

And me! :p I was such an eejit (still am, tbf)
    When I say this people disagree with me, but I believe it is best to keep your expectations low to fair, and then you can't be disappointed. Some people say think positively and positivity will flow from you, but this won't change the examiner's feelings towards your work, will it? If you do well, that's brilliant, but if you don't, remember it's just an exam and it doesn't determine your worth as a person. EG, I love English and it's (supposed to be) my best subject, but I really messed up the exam. That said, I know I put in 3 years worth of hard graft and I don't need a letter on a page to verify this (although it would be nice to get an A!).
    Your grades look acheivable and here's hoping you get what you want best of luck to all - not long to go now!
    OK, so here are my optomistic predictions slightly(!) unrealistic, but here it goes:
    ENGLISH - A (have not a hope in hell)
    MATHS - C
    IRISH - A
    HISTORY - A
    GEOGRAPHY - A
    SCIENCE - B
    HOME EC - A (burning the examiner's mouth will not go in my favour )
    TECHNOLOGY - B (again, not a hope since my project was kerrap and I had a weeny accident during the exam)
    FRENCH - A
    BUSINESS - A
    CSPE (but don't count it as a subject) - A

More realistic (but highly negative) predictions:
    ENGLISH - B/C
    MATHS - D
    IRISH - B
    HISTORY - A/B
    GEOGRAPHY - A/B
    SCIENCE - C
    HOME EC - A/B
    TECHNOLOGY - D
    FRENCH - A
    BUSINESS - A/B
    CSPE - A

Cringey, much? :D

After the mocks i posted how i wanted 10 as and a b in Irish, I forgot i had said that and now i feel quite proud for achieving my 'unrealistic' goal XD

god reading some of my posts analysing papers after i did them last june... I was seriously overanalysing XD

• Advertisement

You need to work on that so :P

Haha yeah I never really think about the problems of telling anyone everything about me :o

Work on it? .. you mean talk about my feelings and crap? I am poofter I'll have you know. :P

Advertisement