Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB: 2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That's classy of the Seattle fans to applaud him too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

He got it :D Looked so nervous there but there was no screwups on defence or by the umpires :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Brilliant stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Some turnaround in Fenway!

Damn, I was nervous watching that and willing on every pitch

Baseball is no good for the nerves :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Did he swing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

tolosenc wrote: »
    Did he swing?

He swung but checked. The umpire obviously saw the bat cross the base.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Damn, I was nervous watching that and willing on every pitch

Baseball is no good for the nerves :pac:
    Yea same here, the last attempted one I watched live was the Armando Galarraga (near) perfect game which ruined on a blown call by the 1st base umpire with one out to go. Was gutted for the guy as he like Humber wasn't a star pitcher. Glad Phil was able to keep his nerves under control :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    He swung but checked. The umpire obviously saw the bat cross the base.

I had to rewind to double-check but he did go alright. Good call.

I'm pretty sure this Red Sox game was 9-0 when I switched over..... :eek:

And still Verlander, Halladay, Weaver and Kershaw to pitch tonight...glad I don't have to wake up early for anything. Will be flicking through all those games!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this Red Sox game was 9-0 when I switched over..... :eek:

I was yeah. Huge 7th inning for the Yankees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What a night to be only tuning in. I missed all the excitement with Humber

Some turnaround in Fenway!
    And now its complete, the Yankees now lead. Surprised with how many Yankee fans there are at Fenway aswell...

What a crazy day :eek:

Coeus wrote: »
    . Surprised with how many Yankee fans there are at Fenway aswell...

:

Stubhub must have done a roaring trade this week

The Red Sox implosion is starting early this season. Bobby V getting plenty of love from the fans aswell :)

need a baseball team to support! startin watching mlb a bit last year and to my surprise i enjoyed it!!

anyways, i support the bears in nfl but at the same time have no particular connection to chicago.

any suggestions??

I was in your situation before the season

Everyone said just watch the games and you don't pick the team and the team picks you

I didn't follow that advice and went ahead and picked the Cubs before I even watched a game. Not such a wise thing to do

But I find I'm mostly watching the Nationals over the last few weeks and realy like their fantastic bullpen and am reading their website a lot.
    Lots of young talent on the team and the future looks bright.

Just don't rush and take your time, you'll get drawn to a team

I was in your situation before the season

Everyone said just watch the games and you don't pick the team and the team picks you

I didn't follow that advice and went ahead and picked the Cubs before I even watched a game. Not such a wise thing to do

But I find I'm mostly watching the Nationals over the last few weeks and realy like their fantastic bullpen and am reading their website a lot.
    Lots of young talent on the team and the future looks bright.

Just don't rush and take your time, you'll get drawn to a team

Good shout with the Nats. A great young team that's only going to get better once Bryce Harper comes up in May/June. While it might be asking a bit much for this hot start to last the whole season (they're winning a lot of 1 run games at the moment and you can't expect that to continue forever) they're good and will be in with a shout for a wild card at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

need a baseball team to support! startin watching mlb a bit last year and to my surprise i enjoyed it!!

anyways, i support the bears in nfl but at the same time have no particular connection to chicago.

any suggestions??

Something similar came up in the pre-season for mikemac1, you can check out recommendations and reasonings here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056573550

Wouldn't mind being in your spot right now, pick a whole new team and forget this Red Sox start to the season had ever happened.

The Red Sox DL has a bigger payroll than 10 MLB teams, 10!

Good to see Yu Darvish getting better and better with each start. Just watched very brief highlights of last night's start vs the Yankees and he looked great. After Dice-K turning out to be average at best, I'm kind of rooting for Yu to do well. Early days yet I know but so dar so good

Cubs down in the ninth inning for both Monday and Tuesday night yet scrap and manage to win both games

Impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Cubs down in the ninth inning for both Monday and Tuesday night yet scrap and manage to win both games

Impressive

all the sweeter against the cards too. the best thing about being a cubs fan is that we don't need a world series to celebrate, we're happy just to win each single game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Has ESPN America been showing Sportscentre the last few mornings?

If it has, it hasn't been at at the same time.

Any ideas why?

Bryce Harper has been promoted by the Nats. I thought they'd wait until May but I guess the injuries have dictated. He makes his debut tommorrow...

Coeus wrote: »
    Bryce Harper has been promoted by the Nats. I thought they'd wait until May but I guess the injuries have dictated. He makes his debut tommorrow...

I can't wait to see him play. He certainly has the confidence anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

David Ortiz must be back on the hard stuff. He's crushing it.

David Ortiz must be back on the hard stuff. He's crushing it.

Whatever Big Papi's on, Ryan Braun's on it too. 3 homers last night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone see Bryce Harper's throw to home from way outfield last night? Look it up...sensational!

There was a no-hitter overnight from Jered Weaver. He was one walk away from a perfect game. I guess that will take the heat off Pujols for a day anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Hey folks. Newbie here just saying Hello. I'v been enjoying the baseball chat on here, keep it up. I'm a Giants fan so have a lot of late nights if I want to catch games live. We'r on early tonight and it's on ESPN America. So hopefully they get the finger out. Getting swept in a series at home to Marlins would not be good.

Hey folks. Newbie here just saying Hello. I'v been enjoying the baseball chat on here, keep it up. I'm a Giants fan so have a lot of late nights if I want to catch games live. We'r on early tonight and it's on ESPN America. So hopefully they get the finger out. Getting swept in a series at home to Marlins would not be good.

Last night's game was quite a tough one to lose after coming back in the 9th. I got to watch the end of it live as it was still going as I got up this morning (I'm an early riser)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Last night's game was quite a tough one to lose after coming back in the 9th. I got to watch the end of it live as it was still going as I got up this morning (I'm an early riser)

Yeah that was tough, plus Sandoval had to leave the game and go for an x-ray on an injured hand. With the Giants poor hitting they really can't afford to lose him.

Advertisement