Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB: 2012 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Devastating result and injury, especially when you wait up until 6 in the morning to watch it.

Nick Swisher is the most frustrating player in the world. His fielding was crap too, he should have dived for Detroit's second run. Get him out of the team. Raul Ibanez in, Ichiro switched over. Leave A-Rod. Chavez is no better.

On a slightly better note, Ibanez is a legend.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Looking at it, it did not look like a fractured ankle, couldn't believe when I heard the reports!

Everyone really needs to step up now....if not bye bye any chance of winning it!

When Jeter didn't get up by himself I knew it was lights out for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Hamlet.

Sanchez has a career ERA of over 7 vs the NYY.

No excuses today. Hit him around the park and pick up the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

That blown call at 2nd might cost the Yankees the game and the series. It wasn't even close. And the Tigers are taking advantage...

Yankees season is effectively over now. One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Horrific batting from the Yankees again, should be absolutely slated by the press.

Girardi hasn't got a clue either, dipping in and out of his pen and picking the worst players out of it like it's a spring training game.

• Advertisement

672248082.jpg?key=961525&Expires=1350255987&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=1M9mfWRcRi7nXeLTeNpk9AVfJvGetCGMkwPduqbjvEGdj8PAhJj5~80pFrzFG7XmDc2gWOeWZ3YxP16MgFojnldpS92sRVo7u2M9W7EOI~KdiUn9XrjbjbsK3Rj-8Wv5etrfB1wC8g0MIGa7bg4ZaKZNIN64CY3SsXeHeurThbs_

How can you miss that?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/alex-rodriguez-flirting-yankees-tigers-game-1_n_1970190.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

Although it initially seemed hard to believe that Alex Rodriguez wasn't furious over being pulled from the Yankees' lineup in several key situations recently, a report from the New York Post suggests that he has been having fun even when stuck in the dugout.

According to the Post, A-Rod started flirting with two blonde women near the dugout after being replaced eighth inning in Game 1 of the American League Championship Series against the Detroit Tigers. The report quotes anonymous witnesses saying that the struggling 37-year-old exchanged notes written on a baseball and may have even gotten a phone number.

Having heard loud boos after striking out in the sixth inning, perhaps A-Rod was attempting to win back the crowd one fan at a time.

CLICK HERE for more from the New York Post.

After going hitless in three at-bats and stranding several runners, Yankees manager Joe Girardi pulled A-Rod for Eric Chavez in the eighth. With A-Rod watching (or not) from the dugout, it was a player who had previously replaced him in a clutch spot, Raul Ibanez, who came through for the Yankees with a two-run home run to tie the game in the ninth. The Yankees would ultimately lose 6-4 in extra innings and also lose captain Derek Jeter to a broken ankle.

David Brown of Yahoo's Big League Stew believes that the flirting report should be the "final-final-final straw for 2012," arguing that Girardi should sit A-Rod for good.

If A-Rod did in fact flirt with a couple fans, he might already be in trouble off the field with the woman he is currently dating, former professional wrestler Torrie Wilson.

Of course, Wilson might not have much to worry about. Several fans on Twitter have suggested that A-Rod's cold spell at the plate might not bode well for his pick-up attempts.

A-Rod having the craic. Good man himself . . . ffs.

Swisher has to be sat down tonight. Listening to Michael Kay and he is saying that Nunez should be in at SS tonight, sacrifice defense because they HAVE to hit Verlander tonight. There is no other way to do it, Hughes will not out-pitch him.

Swisher and A-Rod dropped. Nunez in at SS.

Delighted to see Swisher benched.

Hamlet. wrote: »
    Swisher and A-Rod dropped. Nunez in at SS.

Delighted to see Swisher benched.
    As bad as A-Rod has been of late, Im surprised to see him benched tonight as he has hit against Verlander this season and Hughes needs all he help he can get. Punishment for flirting on the job or the Yankees throwing in the towel...

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    As bad as A-Rod has been of late, Im surprised to see him benched tonight as he has hit against Verlander this season and Hughes needs all he help he can get. Punishment for flirting on the job or the Yankees throwing in the towel...

I agree, doesn't make any sense to keep switching them. I'd have kept A-Rod in. Can't help either player the way Girardi is managing the situation.

Just can't get anything going.

0-3.

Anyone still believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That run in the 9th broke a 20 inning stretch without a run. I wonder when the last time was that the Yankees went so long in the post season without a run.

Hamlet. wrote: »
    Just can't get anything going.

0-3.

Anyone still believe?

CC should win tonight with any sort of offensive backing, if Pettitte can do it in game 5 then that is a huge mental boost heading back to NY at 3-2 down instead of out of it. I personally think it won't get back to NY but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Anyone watching Yankees/Detroit live?
    started at 9pm

human 19 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Yankees/Detroit live?
    started at 9pm

Yeah nice bonus having a game on at a nice time for us. Tigers already 1-0 up. As the Yankees don't score runs anymore, that might be enough....!!!

Jaesus, the Yankees are falling apart. Looks like they have given up already.

That homer might be the final nail in the coffin for the Yankees. They are playing like a beaten team with cheap outs. The only person that can save them now is Valverde...and there is another homer...

Well it looks like I will be saving some data usage in the coming days

Anyone else had enough of those WBC qualifier ads in between innings on ESPNA? How many times do we need to see Germany beating the Czech Republic and Great Britain? "We know, you showed us the last half inning"

• Advertisement

another yankee error.

Anyone else had enough of those WBC qualifier ads in between innings on ESPNA? How many times do we need to see Germany beating the Czech Republic and Great Britain? "We know, you showed us the last half inning"

Im watching on mlb.comon the computer. no ads.

A Yankees hit......!!!!

And now a run. The stage is set for a pinch hit A-Rod grand slam.

Yankees go(ing) home

That Tigers song makes me want to whip out my Wizard of Oz DVD

Any D'Backs fans here? Just wondering how they feel about signing Heath Bell. I know Miami are paying a chunk of his salary and more than likely he won't close but he's not someone you can reply on is he?

You've gotta love game 7s. Another one tonight. Pity I won't be able to watch live but I might get up and watch the condensed game before work in the morning.

All WS games set for 8pm ET as well. I was hoping maybe one would be a 4pm start or something.

Game 7 on MLB.tv and the Presidential Debate on the TV. Might have to take a nap if I'm going to last this one out.

• Advertisement

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Game 7 on MLB.tv and the Presidential Debate on the TV. Might have to take a nap if I'm going to last this one out.

Don't forget Bears v Lions!

Advertisement