Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34/35/36 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Another factor to bear in mind might be if city dont win against arsenal and united win the league early. Could see some rotation in GW 37 & 38.

If that happens i ll go DGW crazy in week 36 as all bets will be off

Yeah thats going to be the deciding factor on whether I do Rooney > Adebayor for the DGW. If United have the league won i could definitley see some rotation and maybe complacency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Have 11 for Gw34 what to do after that is my problem

What would you change with this ?
    Vorm/Krul
    Simpson vermaelan Taylor Evans Shotton
    Silva Bale Valencia Sessegnon Dyer
    Rvp Rooney Holiett

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

My current team:

Mignolet/Bogdan
    Evans/Vermaelen/Caulker/King/Cuellar
    Valencia/Walcott/Siggurdsson/Bale/Gerrard/
    Rooney/Van Pirsie/Yakubu

My plans:

Wilkinson for King - get a cheap Stoke player in ahead of DGW (just looking for clean sheets from Wilkinson really)
    gw 32
    ????? Get transfer in, replacing GW 34 player with GW34 Player or build up two
    gw 33
    ????? Get transfer in, replacing GW 34 player with GW34 Player or build up two
    gw 34
    Friedel for Mignolet - Friedel for the rest of the season
    gw 35
    Adebayor for Yakubu - Ade because of form and fixtures
    Ben Arfa for Walcott - Ben Arfa for Newcastle cover and to be able to afford Ade
    gw 36
    Walcott for Gerard
    gw 37
    ??????
    gw 38

I've done the FF Tetris on this for the last three nights and I think this will be the plan but I'm sure it'll change every week depending on the form of anyone surprising.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'll be honest sm, I think you should... Feck it. I didn't have a clue what you just said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

manual_man wrote: »
    I'll be honest sm, I think you should... Feck it. I didn't have a clue what you just said

Y'know, after half a bottle of rum last night and still staring at the screen, I'm in the same boat....the end of the season is doing me head in. I'm 16 points behind the one league I'm not leading in and while the leader has only seven players for GW34 and I have 11, I'm still playing too many combinations in my head the last while.

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »

Y'know, after half a bottle of rum last night and still staring at the screen, I'm in the same boat....the end of the season is doing me head in. I'm 16 points behind the one league I'm not leading in and while the leader has only seven players for GW34 and I have 11, I'm still playing too many combinations in my head the last while.

Just look at the teams you fancy for gw36, and what players you might get in. No point going crazy though, eg transferring out Walcott and Van Persie, when they have Norwich at home the next week, also you might give consideration to gw37 and gw38, no point getting a great team for gw36 if you're gonna suffer gw37 and 38. A few things to think about it. It's about finding a balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

FF311.jpg

So I want to bring in mata, he's playing centrally, takes corners and frees and looks a real goalscoring threat, was particularly impressed with him last night.

Chelsea have a chronic fixture list coming up but I still think they'll play Mata for the league games and take him off after 60 or 70 for a rest.

Think I'll bring him in this week for the Wigan game instead of Dempsey, who I love.

GW32 transfar, Dempsey to Mata.

For 33 I might save a transfer or else put in Michael Turner or Gibbs for a defender, probably Jose Enrique.

Then for 34 Sessegnon in for a midfielder, probably Mata for the week.

That would leave me with 10 players to play in GW34 by my reckoning, Mignolet, Caulker, Evans, Gibbs, Walcott, Siggy, Valencia, Sess, Rooney, Van Persie. Still a pretty decent team.

Then for 35 I'll put in a Ryo Miyachi and I think I'll take out Walcott because they play Chelsea in 35 and Stoke away in 36. Don't see high scores there and Miyachi has 4 games in this period.

I still have a transfer that I've carried over so I now have 2 transfers. I'll bring Gerrard in for Siggy if he's playing in a more advanced role.

By 36 United could well have the title won or be on the verge. If so I'll take out Rooney and bring in Adebayor. Arsenal too may have Champions League more or less sown up so depending on results. If they have then I'll bring in Torres for Van Persie. Bold I know but worth the risk if he keeps playing decently. 4 point hit taken.

That would leave me with 9 for the double gameweeks,
    Bogdan, Simpson, Kelly, Bale, Miyachi, Gerrard, Adebayor, Cisse and Torres. May or may not bring in Mata for the double gameweek instead of Sess for an extra 4 point hit. To be decided later.

FF361.jpg

Then for the last 2 weeks of the season I'll be getting players who have something to play for. I envisage these being, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, QPR.

All of this is highly dependent on the premier league going as well as I predict and of course form is the other major factor. I'm not worried about losing money on players because I've a team value of 112 and 4.7 in the bank at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

anyone thinking VDV is a better shout than Bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

froog wrote: »
    anyone thinking VDV is a better shout than Bale?

The fact that he's not on penalties anymore and the fact that he's so injury prone puts me off him. But there is no doubting that he's one of the best FF prospects when he's on the pitch.

However, I don't think there's much between himself and Bale though. Bale has been unlucky recently. He still looks a massive threat and he is nailed on for 90 mins every week. Basically, I don't think its worth changing Bale for VDV.

However, if you're behind in your leagues bringing in VDV if you don't have Bale is a decent option as a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

My original plan was to sell Demps next week for Sess cus of the fixtures but he is making it so hard to do!:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It's so complicated I had to make a spreadsheet to figure it all out, now barring injuries I'm all set up to GW 37 (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It's so complicated I had to make a spreadsheet to figure it all out, now barring injuries I'm all set up to GW 37 (I hope)

I wouldnt mind a look at that...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Looks like I'm going into GW34 with a 2-4-3 formation and a keeper in goal. All while managing to keep a transfer spare. Don't think it's worth using that transfer to get a 3rd defender when I can save it to bring in a midfielder or striker who's going to play twice in GW36.

I *think* I've maximized my potential for those weeks, but only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

carlcon wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going into GW34 with a 2-4-3 formation and a keeper in goal. All while managing to keep a transfer spare. Don't think it's worth using that transfer to get a 3rd defender when I can save it to bring in a midfielder or striker who's going to play twice in GW36.

I *think* I've maximized my potential for those weeks, but only time will tell.

Moved Arteta in for a hit as i had already gotten Kompany for Enrique,do expect City to get a CS v BRummies..
    GW34 will have 9 players from me,only doubt is wether Walcott will play as i have a feeling he may give oxtail soup some more gametime soon...
    3 united,3 Arsenal,2 Swansea,1 city.........should be able to resist using that weeks free transfer also to bulk up for 36,possibly to get Mata in.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thoughts on this please lads

I'm making 2 transfers this week and hoping to make none next week. Any thoughts on who I bring in keeping in mind GW34.

My team

GK: Vorm, Reina(sus)

Def: Cahill, Enrique, Evans, Simpson, Richards

Mid: Bale, Valencia, Walters, D Murphy, McClean

Fwd: Rooney, RVP, Graham.

I was thinking of selling Cahill and Bale as they don't play in GW34 and one might be doubtful the other might conceed away to Fulham. Not sure for who though!

Cheers

Trilla wrote: »
    Thoughts on this please lads

I'm making 2 transfers this week and hoping to make none next week. Any thoughts on who I bring in keeping in mind GW34.

My team

GK: Vorm, Reina(sus)

Def: Cahill, Enrique, Evans, Simpson, Richards

Mid: Bale, Valencia, Walters, D Murphy, McClean

Fwd: Rooney, RVP, Graham.

I was thinking of selling Cahill and Bale as they don't play in GW34 and one might be doubtful the other might conceed away to Fulham. Not sure for who though!

Cheers

If I'm correct, you're looking at a 2-2-3 formation at best as it stands in GW34. I'd be rid of Walters and Murphy if I were you. Neither play on 34, and both have been fairly useless in the 2nd half of the season.

Sess, Sigurdson, and Arteta come to mind.

Especially Sigurdsson.

Both Cahill and Bale will have double weeks in 36. Don't forget that, they could both be great players to have then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

carlcon wrote: »
    If I'm correct, you're looking at a 2-2-3 formation at best as it stands in GW34. I'd be rid of Walters and Murphy if I were you. Neither play on 34, and both have been fairly useless in the 2nd half of the season.

Sess, Sigurdson, and Arteta come to mind.

Especially Sigurdsson.

I actually had decided on Murphy out Arteta in as I had 2m in the bank.

Sig for Walters is the other one. Thanks again

Trilla wrote: »
    I actually had decided on Murphy out Arteta in as I had 2m in the bank.

Sig for Walters is the other one. Thanks again

2 top swaps right there. G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I thought we had less weeks than we do. I might have a decent team out now.

I thought we had less weeks than we do. I might have a decent team out now.

I was the same. Despite repeatedly seeing "gw34", I kept thinking it was gw33, and I was worried I'd only have 8 players. Actually now have 10 and will have a spare transfer left over. 2 weeks of not using up transfers unnecessarily really paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've just done BAE in instead of Enrique. Not the greatest idea with both of them on the doubles, but it had to be done. Enrique hasn't done a tap for me for months now. I'd fancy BAE to easily outscore him over the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Enrique getting swapped out for Vermaelen in a few days, giving me a full 11 for GW 34

No transfer for GW 35, then a double move for 36, which I haven't fully decided on yet, giving me six doublers without a points hit

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

so is Adebayor a must have for the DGW? important enough to swap RVP out for him?

this is how I figure I'll line out for gw34

al habs caulker Evans walc sess VAL sig Graham aguero rvp (10)

and gw36

Howard baines Enrique shawcross bae bale gerrard sess sig Graham ade (8 dgw'ers - 4 pt hit)

I'll have no Clint Dempsey though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

RB100 wrote: »
    so is Adebayor a must have for the DGW? important enough to swap RVP out for him?

Im wondering this myself! But its a toss up between Rooney(Away to City) and RVP(Away to Stoke) even just for that gameweek!

and gw36

Howard baines Enrique shawcross bae bale gerrard sess sig Graham ade (8 dgw'ers - 4 pt hit)

Thats almost 2 completely different teams!!! Do you have a sneaky wildcard parked off:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I think someone has mentioned this before but if Man United have already won the league by GW36 it might be worth while getting Adebayor in for Rooney....think I'll do that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have 10 for GW34 so going to keep my transfer instead of using it to make 11 when so many will be short numbers and possibly taking points hits to get numbers up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Am thinking of bringing in Herold Goulon. Could be a differential + covers all the gameweeks.

Im wondering this myself! But its a toss up between Rooney(Away to City) and RVP(Away to Stoke) even just for that gameweek!

and gw36

Thats almost 2 completely different teams!!! Do you have a sneaky wildcard parked off:D

haha I wish!! :pac: I'll have 4 non playing dgw'ers from gw34 and another 4 transferred in from gw34 onwards so it can be done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Just done Bale and Senderos out for Sess and Verm. That leaves me with 9 for GW34. Might take an 8 point hit to get Ridgewell and Turner in for Shotton and BAE to give me 11 starters. All I need is one clean sheet from either to break even with the 8 point hit. I'll be wildcarding just before GW36 so this is purely a short term decision. Is an 8 point hit madness in my situation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement