Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania XXIX Packages/Info Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

If i am going i think ill try stay where i stayed last time when i was in NYC , it has been re-named and done up and isnt a hostel anymore but its called "Central Park Inn" . its right at the 103th St subway stop which is grand

and its near the apple store and that world famous toy store fao schwarz

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Last time I went to NYC I stayed at the Millennium Broadway right on Times Square... think that'll be a bit pricey to add into a Mania trip haha

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Last time I was up was around Valentines Day. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Brooklyn. Needless to say I'll be in a better hotel when i book my package later this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

cena wrote: »
    and its near the apple store and that world famous toy store fao schwarz

o ok that's near 5th ave,i go there all the time,not in the middle of everything but not far either,so that will be a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mr. Slam

I was keen on going this year but couldn't due to a trip last year but I'm certainly looking towards making the trek to 29 from Australia however, it really comes down to my tax return. Should have enough for a solid package.

Only issue then is flights and a week or so in NYC. There is no way im flying from the other side of the world to spend 4 days, mostly at wrestling events. Want to explore NYC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭A.B. Dangerously

Does anyone else think (given that they are calling it WrestleMania NY|NJ, that they will be doing HoF, Axxess and RAW in New York and just Wrestlemania in New Jersey and therefore will put all the package people in hotels in New York, and do what they did this year and bus us all down to the Stadium for Mania.

Really looking forward to this one. Me and my mate loved South Beach so much that we were thinking of going there for a few days before heading to New York/New Jersey for Mania, but tbh, I'd rather stay in NY than NJ as there is probably more going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Does anyone else think (given that they are calling it WrestleMania NY|NJ, that they will be doing HoF, Axxess and RAW in New York and just Wrestlemania in New Jersey and therefore will put all the package people in hotels in New York, and do what they did this year and bus us all down to the Stadium for Mania.

Really looking forward to this one. Me and my mate loved South Beach so much that we were thinking of going there for a few days before heading to New York/New Jersey for Mania, but tbh, I'd rather stay in NY than NJ as there is probably more going on.

I'd say HOF, AXXESS and RAW will be in New York alright. It seems to have better options for venue and transport for a large amount of fans. The bus up and back from the package hotel was a great help. My friend got a taxi back and it cost him loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 psx71

There are loads of shuttles that take you for cheap around the city and back if you don't want to bus and take the subway. I recommend one of those if you don't have transportation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GaryWWE

Hi guys, new member so apologies if I ramble on.
    A group of us went to Miami for WM28, loved it so much we're thinking of doing 29 too.
    I booked everything separately last time as I was too late to get in for the packages, it probably worked out cheaper but I was thinking a package would make it easier.
    One of the reasons I’d want to do a package is with it being near the NY area, I can't imagine getting good seats (or any seats if I'm not quick enough) for Raw/HOF would be easy. So guaranteeing them without having the pressure of the pre/general sales would be ideal. I’d hate to miss out on those, especially if they are at MSG.
    For WM itself, we got section 115 last time & it was a good view, so a silver package would get that sort of section, if you get in early enough is a more centred view like that likely? I’d hate to be in the 100s on a diagonal view especially after seeing those palm trees in Miami.
    It’s looking like there will be more of us going this time, 6 or more. So obviously with the packages being maximum 4 people we’d need to split up, is it possible to arrange 2 packages to be located near each other or is that guaranteed to be in the same hotel anyways?
    Another main thing is the hotel dates, being there for 4 nights would be too short I think. Booking a separate hotel then switching to the package hotel might be a bit of a fuss, so more dates in the package hotel would be ideal.
    I read 28’s info thread (which was a great help for me last year, thanks) that you are asked if you need more dates, has anyone had any issues with how many extra days you can get or is it just ask & if there is availability it’s fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Hey Gary and welcome.

I went just to 28, with a Silver package and cant recommend them any higher... we were in section 114 so right by where you were so im sure you know how good the seats were and what a great view we got... at RAW I was right next to the stage because of a PayPal error, otherwise id likely have been ringside as I went straight in for the package as soon as pre-sale hit but PayPal messed right up for me.

I do think that Silver package holders get the same blocks at each Mania, those directly opposite the camera in the first tier of stadium seats.

Im sure you can also arrange for 2 packages to be booked through together, im not sure how but the emails they send out will explain/someone else on here will know more.

As for 4 nights... ive been to New York a few times and only done 4-5 nights, all depends how much you want to fit in I suppose.. but you can see if the package hotel has availability... for 28, we went over the Tuesday before... but didnt go straight to the package hotel (thankfully) and stayed on South Beach for 3 nights first cheaply and was great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/24805/Is-WWE-WrestleMania-30-Coming-to-London/ if that gets confirmed i might have a stroke!!! I live in greece and I dont want mania to be in EU I want to go to the US. As a Greek I WANT MANIA IN THE US!!!!

RKJ_force wrote: »
    http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/24805/Is-WWE-WrestleMania-30-Coming-to-London/ if that gets confirmed i might have a stroke!!! I live in greece and I dont want mania to be in EU I want to go to the US. As a Greek I WANT MANIA IN THE US!!!!

I don't think they'd ever host WrestleMania outside of the US. It's there SuperBowl and is very American. I'm thinking somewhere like Atlanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ciano316 wrote: »
    I don't think they'd ever host WrestleMania outside of the US.

mania has been held twice in canada ;) outside north america probably not, i still see mexico getting mania probably within the next 10 years, europe no chance anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

i think it will be in atlanta or LA!!!! But i hope in LA because ive always wanted to go there!!! :D

rossie1977 wrote: »
    mania has been held twice in canada ;) outside north america probably not, i still see mexico getting mania probably within the next 10 years, europe no chance anytime soon

Yeah I meant North America not US. Sure I'd say there's a strong chance of Vancouver being the host city.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RKJ_force wrote: »
    i think it will be in atlanta or LA!!!! But i hope in LA because ive always wanted to go there!!! :D

LA is a dump, horrible city

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ciano316 wrote: »
    Yeah I meant North America not US. Sure I'd say there's a strong chance of Vancouver being the host city.

i dunno about vancouver getting one, last time they did that area (mania 19) they blamed the location as the reason it did a poor buyrate, too far from the centres of communication in LA or new york apparently, not the fact they spent too much time on the vince/hogan storyline in the buildup on tv

LA will get a big mania one of these days as will chicago, vince has always wanted to play the memorial coliseum, having mania in new york and LA in front of huge crowds two years in a row will be something vince is dreaming about i am sure

When will the packages go on sale again?? Was it July last year??

I can't remember already. :P

Packages went on sale July 18th last year so i'd assume it will be around the same time.

Although briefly on the packages, does anyone know how long it will take the Silver packages to sell out? I know they sell faster than the gold packages and I'll buy one if I have to, but it looks like I will have to wait another week.

I think they completely sold out in early September last year so I'm positive I won't miss out on a package :3 Just makes life easier for me than doing it all separate.

EDIT: Sorry, they went on sale on the 8th.......God dammit, I think I'll miss out on the Silver package :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Escarx85

Any new info about the other events during wrestlemania week?

The first reports claimed that Axxess, HOF and RAW would all be hosted in NJ, but forums claim that at least some of the events will be hosted in NY.

• Advertisement

Packages probably won't sell as quick this time as there has been nothing announced yet match wise.

Yeah I had that thought. With Cena vs Rock headlining the event, I knew it was only going to take days for the Silver and Platinum packages to sell.

As for the events, my best bet would be that the Hall of Fame, Raw and Axxess will be held in New York and obviously Mania in Jersey. The event is being billed for New Jersey/New York and I can't see the WWE not using New York for the festivities considering New York is a much larger target market and a better way to expose the product.

Hopefully the packages put us in New York and not New Jersey :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 deadman04

Mr. Slam wrote: »
    EDIT: Sorry, they went on sale on the 8th.......God dammit, I think I'll miss out on the Silver package :(

They went on sale 18th of July last year dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GaryWWE

When you get the travel package with 4 people I see the deal has been you get 1 room with all 4 sharing.
    It says a standard room, but are these rooms a decent size space/storage-wise? Just thinking 4 people cramming into a normal sized room might get a bit irritating.

Just thinking I'm pretty sure packages went on general sale the Monday after Money In The Bank last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Yeah they did. Hoping its the same this year with packages going on sale July 16th. We'll see. Also, they sent an email out 10 days prior to the on sale date last year something I also hope they do again.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

GaryWWE wrote: »
    When you get the travel package with 4 people I see the deal has been you get 1 room with all 4 sharing.
    It says a standard room, but are these rooms a decent size space/storage-wise? Just thinking 4 people cramming into a normal sized room might get a bit irritating.

Standard size hotel room so there is a high possibility of going stir-crazy if you have 4 people sharing the one room. Depends on how tidy the people you are staying with are I guess but the room will be taken up very easily with suitcases and all the extra stuff people pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Flights booked March 31st to April 10th British Airways €450 each,Nice!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

EdK wrote: »

Nice one!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Brolly wrote: »
    EdK wrote: »

Nice one!:D

I know thanks,had to book it for that,decent times and a direct flight too

Advertisement