Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania XXIX Packages/Info Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rocky182

Thank you very much Swift and Hendo. :) With those questions out the way, now I just wait till Mania 29. =P

I can't wait (already) to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

Will they give me the pre sale password for ticketmaster when they go on sale in probably november

That question I would have to defer to the guys who do everything separately. I wanna say yes but I wouldn't be 100% sure because I get a package every year and I know for a fact that they give you the presale password for the packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

weather in NYC sucks right now one day it is very nice then hella cold,it's hard to say what the weather will be like but personally living in nyc since i was 2 id say it would be cold around april so wear a jacket to the show lol.

EdK wrote: »
    Is there any concrete info on where the HOF,Raw and Axxess will be held,doing some scouting to find a good base

good base would be manhattan,here is why,msg,hammerstein,grand ballroom,and bb kings all are located there,roh/dg usa will do shows there,i am sure raw might be there,if not and they do hold raw in nj then you can go to 42nd street which is walking distance and get to the nj venues in mins,not to mention public transport to the metlife from 42nd street is only mins away,and i am sure for mania they will do shuttle buses for the event since it's huge,train/shuttle you can't lose.

second best bet would stay in queens if manhattan is expensive,either way getting around nyc isn't hard and hella cheap compared to other cities

edit:for got dgusa.chikira,czw is doing there shows across from the izod so yea

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    good base would be manhattan,here is why,msg,hammerstein,grand ballroom,and bb kings all are located there,roh/dg usa will do shows there,i am sure raw might be there,if not and they do hold raw in nj then you can go to 42nd street which is walking distance and get to the nj venues in mins,not to mention public transport to the metlife from 42nd street is only mins away,and i am sure for mania they will do shuttle buses for the event since it's huge,train/shuttle you can't lose.

second best bet would stay in queens if manhattan is expensive,either way getting around nyc isn't hard and hella cheap compared to other cities

edit:for got dgusa.chikira,czw is doing there shows across from the izod so yea

Agreed that NYC is easy to get around with the subway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i like jersey city/newport, lots of decent hotels there for around same price as box rooms in manhattan (w, westin, hyatt, doubletree), path train has you in midtown in minutes for $1.75, hoboken has decent nightlife/places to eat, if you are on a budget journal square is probably cheapest place in all of metro nyc to stay and eat, great diner there

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

We've decided if we do go, we may split a condo/apartment between a group of us and stay there rather than the package, would probably work out cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Any tips on doing it separately anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Broooce

Booked WM28 separately it was the first time we have been, really easy and worked out around a third cheaper.

Keep an eye on here for on sale dates and pre sale passwords, I would say that the hotels that are included in the packages are good and you won't get anywhere near those rates if you book yourself, in Miami we stayed a few miles away because we had a rental, any questions PM me

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 psx71

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. Just have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. By the way, I am from Canada, so maybe go easy on me here ;D

Can finally afford to go to Mania next year since I've saved up for a year now. First Mania next year will be!

1) Which package is usually better when it comes to WrestleMania seating, the Gold or the Silver one? I'm looking to get the 4-day in both cases, but I've heard mixed reviews for the Gold one as you might get a restricted view, but with Silver, yes you'll be far away but you will get a good rising seats look at the ring. Can anyone clarify that for me please, preferably a person whose had experience with one of them?

2) How fast do travel packages usually sell out? Know they go on sale mid-July or so, but don't turn 18th until the 31st of July, and I wont be able to make a pay-pal account until then. Anyone know if they will have some Gold/Silver 4-day packages available by the beginning of August?

3) How is the entire experience? Like how are the hotels for Gold/Silver people, how's Axxess etc. Also, are the hotels near the stadiums?

4) How much spending money should you be looking to take there? I won't be drinking at all, nor will I be doing some extra activities out of Mania weekend. I will strictly be buying WWE Merch, and meals for myself as well as occasional snacks. Of course, there will be the transportation costs between the aiport and the hotel and also the stadiums.

Long questions I know, but it would be MUCH appreciated (and repped) if someone could answer? :D

• Advertisement

psx71 wrote: »
    Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. Just have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. By the way, I am from Canada, so maybe go easy on me here ;D

Can finally afford to go to Mania next year since I've saved up for a year now. First Mania next year will be!

1) Which package is usually better when it comes to WrestleMania seating, the Gold or the Silver one? I'm looking to get the 4-day in both cases, but I've heard mixed reviews for the Gold one as you might get a restricted view, but with Silver, yes you'll be far away but you will get a good rising seats look at the ring. Can anyone clarify that for me please, preferably a person whose had experience with one of them?

2) How fast do travel packages usually sell out? Know they go on sale mid-July or so, but don't turn 18th until the 31st of July, and I wont be able to make a pay-pal account until then. Anyone know if they will have some Gold/Silver 4-day packages available by the beginning of August?

3) How is the entire experience? Like how are the hotels for Gold/Silver people, how's Axxess etc. Also, are the hotels near the stadiums?

4) How much spending money should you be looking to take there? I won't be drinking at all, nor will I be doing some extra activities out of Mania weekend. I will strictly be buying WWE Merch, and meals for myself as well as occasional snacks. Of course, there will be the transportation costs between the aiport and the hotel and also the stadiums.

Long questions I know, but it would be MUCH appreciated (and repped) if someone could answer? :D

1. After being on this board for 2 years now. I think the clear cut preference would be Platinum (Or newly added VIP), Silver, then Gold. Me Personally, I've been to 4 Manias via the Silver package and had a great view each time. I'm not gonna flat out say "dont go gold" because I cant speak from experience. Just ppl over the years have said they'd take Silver over Gold.

2. WM27 had packages last a fair amount of time. I believe (correct if wrong) a month or two they lasted. WM28 sold in a matter of days. With Brock, The Rock, & Austin rumored to be involved I imagine it may do the same. Main traveler MUST be 18 at time of purchase so if u dont want to gamble, have someone else buy it at first then change main traveler when u are of age.

3. They say Disney World is the happiest place on earth... Not Wrestlemania weekend. Each city has something different to offer. Everybody no matter what package they buy stays in 4/5 star hotels. Proximity changes with each city. PHX things were spread. ATL things were close. MIA, the stadium was the only place a fair distance away. Axxess is always cool. Meeting different superstars and what not.

4. Spending money all depends on your plans. WWE merchandise can build quite the tab quicly. A jersey, shirt, program (just basics) would run you $120 if jersey was custom. Transportation to, around, and from NJ/NY is all on you. New this year to the packages was round-trip bus service to and from the stadium so hopefully that'll return.

I'm sure if i missed anything someone here will fill in the blanks. Other than that, welcome and hope everything works out for you.

1. After being on this board for 2 years now. I think the clear cut preference would be Platinum (Or newly added VIP), Silver, then Gold. Me Personally, I've been to 4 Manias via the Silver package and had a great view each time. I'm not gonna flat out say "dont go gold" because I cant speak from experience. Just ppl over the years have said they'd take Silver over Gold.

2. WM27 had packages last a fair amount of time. I believe (correct if wrong) a month or two they lasted. WM28 sold in a matter of days. With Brock, The Rock, & Austin rumored to be involved I imagine it may do the same. Main traveler MUST be 18 at time of purchase so if u dont want to gamble, have someone else buy it at first then change main traveler when u are of age.

3. They say Disney World is the happiest place on earth... Not Wrestlemania weekend. Each city has something different to offer. Everybody no matter what package they buy stays in 4/5 star hotels. Proximity changes with each city. PHX things were spread. ATL things were close. MIA, the stadium was the only place a fair distance away. Axxess is always cool. Meeting different superstars and what not.

4. Spending money all depends on your plans. WWE merchandise can build quite the tab quicly. A jersey, shirt, program (just basics) would run you $120 if jersey was custom. Transportation to, around, and from NJ/NY is all on you. New this year to the packages was round-trip bus service to and from the stadium so hopefully that'll return.

I'm sure if i missed anything someone here will fill in the blanks. Other than that, welcome and hope everything works out for you.
    Thank you very much sir! New to this forum, so I don't quite know how rep people here. Which button do I press, or do I have to reach a certain number of posts first? I'm guessing it's the latter, but when I do, I will most certainly thank or rep you :D

Yes, I will definitely go Silver now. It's my first year going, so I'm going to stay on the safe side and get the cheaper one just to test it out. Definitely plan to be doing this every year if god-willing, I have a stable income source in the future. I'm going alone this year too, so Gold will become a bit more pricey for me, and the more spending money I have, the better. I think I can do without the 5-Star hotel, the meet and greet with the higher ranked superstars, and the steel chair collectible.

I would hope they release more travel packages this year seeing as the Stadium can accommodate 5000-6000 more people then last year. New Meadowlands Stadium is HUGE, but it remains to be seen if WWE capitalizes on that with releasing more travel packages. But just to be on the safe side, I'll have my father pay for it as soon as they are released, and then pay him back from my account. Just to be on the safe side. Can also start planning my trip than, and start booking my flights and what-not :)

I don't think the WrestleMania weekend will be a problem next year. A couple of mates went to 25 on a silver package, and as horrid as that Mania itself was, they thought that the weekend, Axxess, and even being in the stadium with 70,000 people was worth the price, and to this day, say it was the greatest weekend they ever had despite going on several vacation after that.

Yep, don't plan to do any drinking (not allowed) or sight seeing in Manhattan or anything like that. Only costs will be WWE merch, meals, and transportation. I've got transportation covered already to the hotel and back to the airport. Found a shuttle that'll run me $16 each way, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. Just hoping that the convention centers, the stadium, and the arena will be walking distance, and if not, that WWE will provide transportation to them. Wouldn't mind paying for that in the package instead of the taking the NYC subway seeing as I'm deathly afraid of rats. And I've heard some horror stories of NYC rats there. Oh yes, the amount of merchandise I plan to buy will definitely add up. Planning to buy lots of memorabilia for my first WrestleMania.

Thanks again Mate! Your answers were much appreciated. Are you planning on going next year as well?

To thank someone click the thumbs up pic/icon in the lower right hand corner of the post of the person u want to thank.

Am I going next year? Most definitely! I went to 23 skipped 24 and 25 cause of low funds and have been to everyone since then and don't plan on stopping.

To thank someone click the thumbs up pic/icon in the lower right hand corner of the post of the person u want to thank.

Am I going next year? Most definitely! I went to 23 skipped 24 and 25 cause of low funds and have been to everyone since then and don't plan on stopping.
    I don't see that icon in the lower right hand corner, so I'm assuming I have to reach 10 or so posts to do so. Just remind me when I do, and I'll definitely rep/thank you! Thanks for the help mate.

Looking forward to seeing you there! Assuming your going on a travel package?

Only way to go in my opinion. #TeamSilver :)

I was thinking to book everything separately but then realized that it's way to much of a hassle. Especially if Mania's in the New York area, the transportation and everything will be too much to handle for me. First time I'm going so I wanted to go with everything taken care of in one package. Will go for Silver! :)

Honestly can't wait till July right now. Too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Not sure how true this is but I heard from a few people who had been at this years mania in the hotel that wrestlers were staying at on friday before the belfast show.
    that some people who had the vip package, think they were meant to get breakfast with cena, but all they got was a signed picture, handed out by someone, and no sign off cena anywhere.

anyone know if there is any truth in this, be a bit bad to get vip for this breakfast, especially if you have kids etc who would e the big cena fans and then get passed off like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

montyrebel wrote: »
    Not sure how true this is but I heard from a few people who had been at this years mania in the hotel that wrestlers were staying at on friday before the belfast show.
    that some people who had the vip package, think they were meant to get breakfast with cena, but all they got was a signed picture, handed out by someone, and no sign off cena anywhere.

anyone know if there is any truth in this, be a bit bad to get vip for this breakfast, especially if you have kids etc who would e the big cena fans and then get passed off like that

I think they were meant to have a vip entrance to the stadium and be greeted by a superstar and diva which never materialised. some people were complaining on the travel packages fb page and apparently their complaints were being deleted.

I had the silver package and the only complaint was that we were in the first row which was level with the last row of the risers so we had to stretch to see past the row in front.

Winners for the WM29 Sweepstakes will be announced tonight. Its only a 2-night trip though. Would be nice if you could some how upgrade it to a package. A package with airfare included would be sweet. Even though I'm in driving distance.

Looks like transport at New York and New Jersey will be more of a problem then I thought. Would someone mind giving me tips on how they got around the city and to the stadiums and convention centers for the first timer here?

• Advertisement

I usually rent a car. I will again this year too. Driving in NY is takes alot of patience. NY is very busy w/ cars and pedestrians alike. Most likely the subway and little walking will do the trick as far getting around. If the bus service is included again then your transportation to and from Mania is taken care of.

Was thinking of renting a car but the thought of traffic scared me off.

Also, did the transportation this year cover to the convention center and Monday Night Raw and back to the hotel or no?

Nah just Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Broooce

When are they likely to announce venues for Raw and Axxess what was the timeline last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

Miami drained my wallet this year, spent a whole lot more than what i was expecting but no doubt i'm going to WM29! I've caught the Mania bug.

I went for the silver package for WM28 and i couldn't off been any more happier with my Mania seat, if i do a package again i'll be doing Silver again. More than likely be buying everything individually this year though to save on hotels etc.

Broooce wrote: »
    When are they likely to announce venues for Raw and Axxess what was the timeline last year?

to be honest it's a no brainer where raw and hall of fame even axess might be,staying in queens,brooklyn,manhattan,you should have no issues getting to any venue for mania

psx71 wrote: »
    Looks like transport at New York and New Jersey will be more of a problem then I thought. Would someone mind giving me tips on how they got around the city and to the stadiums and convention centers for the first timer here?

public transport in NYC won't be a issue who ever told you this obviously don't live in NYC,i live in NYC QUEENS and getting to manhattan is fairly easy,now getting to the izod center you have 2 choices,THE TRAIN and the bus,tho for mania i won't be surprised if they have shuttles at port authority for mania like they had for past events,personally i suggest taking public transport to mania more specifically the train,it's very fast and convenient and cheap and runs around the clock constantly unlike other cities that has hosted mania,and you avoid the traffic going into the tunnel from manhattan to NJ which is a pain in the behind on any given day and id assume mania would be worst.

you have several choices in NYC FOR TRANSPORT

LONG ISLAND RAILROAD WHICH RUNS ALL DAY

SUBWAYS RUNS ALL DAY

TAXI ALL DAY

BUS ALL DAY

THE OTHER TRAIN STATIONS THAT RUN FROM MANHATTAN TO NJ WHICH RUNS ALL DAY AS WELL I BELIEVE

personally renting a car just for mania is a waste esp if your staying in manhattan where everything is.

LiamBro wrote: »
    Miami drained my wallet this year, spent a whole lot more than what i was expecting but no doubt i'm going to WM29! I've caught the Mania bug.

I went for the silver package for WM28 and i couldn't off been any more happier with my Mania seat, if i do a package again i'll be doing Silver again. More than likely be buying everything individually this year though to save on hotels etc.

heh same here,try two grand for me all on partying etc over on south beach

btw long island rail road prices-always pick off peak on the menu should run you 6 bucks one way

subways/train mta is 2.50 one way tho you can buy a weekly metro card which would save you more.

buses and train to izod should run around 6-10 bucks each way

AND ONCE AGAIN PLEASE NOTE GETTING TO THE IZOD CENTER IS VERY EASY YOU JUST GO TO 42ND STREET PORT AUTHORITY AND GO FROM THERE,NYC transport is very easy,tho i suggest everyone stays in queens or manahttan close to a train/subway etc for even easier transport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    btw long island rail road prices-always pick off peak on the menu should run you 6 bucks one way

subways/train mta is 2.50 one way tho you can buy a weekly metro card which would save you more.

buses and train to izod should run around 6-10 bucks each way

AND ONCE AGAIN PLEASE NOTE GETTING TO THE IZOD CENTER IS VERY EASY YOU JUST GO TO 42ND STREET PORT AUTHORITY AND GO FROM THERE,NYC transport is very easy,tho i suggest everyone stays in queens or manahttan close to a train/subway etc for even easier transport.

If i am going i think ill try stay where i stayed last time when i was in NYC , it has been re-named and done up and isnt a hostel anymore but its called "Central Park Inn" . its right at the 103th St subway stop which is grand

Advertisement