Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Feeding in Restaurant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I have every right to express my own opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. In fact I find most of your reactions to my posts to be moronic but you still have every right to express your opinion. I have a female partner and when we are affectionate in public it often offends people, but that is their own view and they are perfectly entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

bensweeney wrote: »
    They are both natural bodily functions. I see I use a PRIVATE area to have a piss. Women should also use a PRIVATE area when they are being relieved of bodily fluids.

Your p!ss is bodily waste. Breast milk is baby food.

Do people really need this explained to them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Just wondering ... do any of you who are in the anti-bf-in-public brigade have children of your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

What does that matter? they both involve exposing yourself. Breast feed in a private area like I piss in a private area. Thats my view on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

They are both natural bodily functions. I see I use a PRIVATE area to have a piss. Women should also use a PRIVATE area when they are being relieved of bodily fluids.

Some remedial adults are out in force all right today - the date perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I have every right to express my own opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. .

And breast feeding mothers have the right to express milk whether you agree with it or not.

I have every right to express my own opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. In fact I find most of your reactions to my posts to be moronic but you still have every right to express your opinion. I have a female partner and when we are affectionate in public it often offends people, but that is their own view and they are perfectly entitled to it.
    Is it that you're turned on by the tits that are mostly covered up? Is that why you're disgusted by breastfeeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

What does that matter? they both involve exposing yourself. Breast feed in a private area like I piss in a private area. Thats my view on it.
    you are not exposing yourself. it is perfectly possible to breastfeed without flashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

It amuses me that a differing opinion is immediately considered to be ''idiocy''.

Dont tell me you werent given the how to think handbook??

I have every right to express my own opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

And we are entitled to point out that your opinion is fcucking retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

You are aware that breastfeeding is the primary function of breasts yes?

I find your analogy very offensive and I'm not even a militant bfeeder.

I can rest easy though in knowing that legislation quite rightly contradicts your opinion that you are, of course, wholly entitled to.

It amuses me that a differing opinion is immediately considered to be ''idiocy''.

Dont tell me you werent given the how to think handbook??
    You cab think what you like, and others can argue with you for what you think - and call it rubbish when it is clearly rubbish. And while you cab think what you like, if you tell people what they should do, again, you can expect debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

g'em wrote: »
    Why is something that's so fundamentally natural so horrific? What is so 'ignorant' about a woman using her own body to feed her baby? Why do you find this so shocking?

Masturbation is just as natural...

busyliving wrote: »
    g'em wrote: »
    Why is something that's so fundamentally natural so horrific? What is so 'ignorant' about a woman using her own body to feed her baby? Why do you find this so shocking?

Haha - it's like a parody!

Do read on - your strawman has been addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'll wager you've never once seen a woman breastfeed in public if you think it involves exposing themselves.

You can survive without masturbation.

A baby cannot survive without food.

Science says you are wrong.

The Law says you are wrong.

The majority of people in this thread say that you are wrong.

Could it be that you are just.....wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Just wondering ... do any of you who are in the anti-bf-in-public brigade have children of your own?

I'd also out of curiosity like to know what percentage are women with this view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

You can survive without masturbation.

Then you dont KNOW me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

I'd also out of curiosity like to know what percentage are women with this view.

I don't have children and might never have them. But I'm completely pro-breast feeding.

But I was raised in a house where all my siblings were breastfed as infants and I remember my cousins being breast fed to.

Just as formula bottles are the norm to some breast feeding was the norm to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Masturbation has no function other than to pleasure yourself. You don't have to do it, you choose to do it to get self gratification. It has no other useful biological purpose whatsoever.

How is that a fair comparison in your opinion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

A few references here that mothers should express milk and bring it with them. Its my understanding that they express the milk produced when they are away from the baby, for when they are going to be separated again. When they are with the baby its only natural that they feed directly. Also breast fed babies nappies don't smell as bad, a major +1 while eating your meal.

but does it stop you from doing it? should you have to only do it at home? no? then you just answered your own question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Mothers dont have to breast feed either. They can use a bottle

Why would they do something that has been scientifically proven, again and again, to be far inferior to the natural method that billions of years of evolution has provided.

they can, but they shouldnt have to,are people being stupid on purpose in here today?

IF a person believes that I shouldn't do it or that I should only do it at home then they are PERFECTLY entitled to do so! I dislike the thought of breastfeeding and I would like women to do it at home, I am allowed to be offended by something which you disagree with.

IF a person believes that I shouldn't do it or that I should only do it at home then they are PERFECTLY entitled to do so! I dislike the thought of breastfeeding and I would like women to do it at home, I am allowed to be offended by something which you disagree with.

what specifically dont you like about it then?

I have every right to express my own opinion, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. In fact I find most of your reactions to my posts to be moronic
    it gets funnier. Why moronic? All I see is people making well substantiated points. Angrily yes, but due to narrow-minded horrible attitudes like yours. Could it be... that they're not moronic reactions and that it's more to do with you not liking being told you're full of sh1t?
    Nobody said you can't express your opinion - you're the one saying others are being unreasonable for dismissing your opinion, but they're just expressing their opinion too right?

The "You're all against me because I have a differing opinion" card us always pulled for even the most vile, hate-filled venom here. It's pathetic. No, it's not just because it's a "differing" opinion. And there are people here who say they don't feel comfortable about breastfeeding in public, and do so in a reasonable way - and lo and behold, they're not attacked.

If you don't like seeing breastfeeding, fair enough, you can't control it - it's how you feel. Maybe work on it though, seeing as the breast is usually covered up anyway, and you really don't have to look.

But saying women should breastfeed at home just because YOU personally have a problem with it, even though they have a legal right? ****ing hell - and you get all defensive when people rightly object to that shyte...? :eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Wow..

This thread is mad.

I've read the whole thread and can't believe that some people are bothered by a woman breastfeeding in public.

Any of you who haven't seen it, just probably haven't noticed because any women I know who breastfeed do it discreetly, so much so that unless you were sitting right beside them you wouldn't even notice.

Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world.

Some people on here really need to get a bit more education in living!

:)

• Advertisement

Of course you would immediately become homophobic, what a wonderful defence. I absolutely love a good breast with a baby hanging off it, what lesbian doesn't? You find my post ignorant and I also find your post incredibly ignorant, however you demonstrated my point. You are entitled to express your opinion, as am I.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement