Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

bgrizzley wrote: »
    6x4. hmm, offset against that E23 profit we didnt have in the first place leaves -1, but since we didnt have the 23 in the first place we can probably change that to +1 . Woohoo, ???? Profit

Would that be classed as notional profit, just like notional income?
    having a profit based on figure ****ology without actually having a profit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

i burn election literature, i still vote. i burn bills i have paid. burning letters is not evidence of a crime.

Maybe it was in a smoke free zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

donalg1 wrote: »
    Cool so its not illegal then brilliant, I am going to cancel my bins and start burning my rubbish instead since its not illegal. :rolleyes:

Oh right, you consider the reminder letters to be rubbish.
    Fair enough then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Oh right, you consider the reminder letters to be rubbish.
    Fair enough then.

So you still maintain its ok to burn rubbish do you?

I consider the household charge to be rubbish

• Advertisement

I consider the household charge to be rubbish

And that answers my question how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Hijpo wrote: »
    Would that be classed as notional profit, just like notional income?
    having a profit based on figure ****ology without actually having a profit??

i think the technical term is conceivable, notional, potential, aquisition of proceeds (subject to a quango examination of term)

And that answers my question how?

Your question is way off topic, this thread is about the unjust household charge.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Maybe it was in a smoke free zone?

in the spirit of disclosure i have been know to burn rubbish in the fire as well, all totally legally afaik (cheaper than firelighters)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The troika informed us that they never insisted bondholders got paid, this was in fact insisted by the previous govt instead.

Considering, firstly FG lied to us to get in power (not another red cent, etc etc) then, when they reneged on this promise, they claimed the troika 'made them do it' and they basically had to pay the bondholders (second lie)(third lie)

To top that off, we've now clear proof that the troika couldn't care Less about a property tax, they've said so themselves. (the govt claimed it was in the terms of the bailout)

As far as I can tell, the Troika was divided on whether to burn bondholders. The IMF didn't seem to mind but the EU and ECB were set against it.

The current government hasn't given any more money to the banks since it was elected.

But what does this have to do with the property tax? As I stated previously in this thread, I'd support a property tax even if the state's finances were very healthy and regardless of what government introduced it. I think its a good idea and goes some way towards creating a more stable taxation system.

• Advertisement

Your question is way off topic, this thread is about the unjust household charge.

You started going off topic with your claims that it isnt illegal to burn rubbish, I am simply asking if you actually believe it, you however seem reluctant to answer this question and are continuously avoiding it. I wonder why that is. ;)

As far as I can tell, the Troika was divided on whether to burn bondholders. The IMF didn't seem to mind but the EU and ECB were set against it.

The current government hasn't given any more money to the banks since it was elected.

But what does this have to do with the property tax? As I stated previously in this thread, I'd support a property tax even if the state's finances were very healthy and regardless of what government introduced it. I think its a good idea and goes some way towards creating a more stable taxation system.

why tax my house then? why not tax me? i pay it either way whether its my head or my home. IMO there is no other reason only that they prefer that implied threat on the roof over our heads.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/10/real_estate/tax-liens/index.htm

and dont tell me that could never happen here, politicians lie lie lie

What about finances within households? which has an impact on dictating the finances of the state.

At this rate they might aswell give up on VAT etc and just raise PAYE to 70% and be done with it.

As far as I can tell, the Troika was divided on whether to burn bondholders.
    According to donaldv1, it is illegal to burn things.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/government-to-repay-e1-25bn-to-anglo-bondholders-today-336657-Jan2012/
    I'd support a property tax even if the state's finances were very healthy and regardless of what government introduced it. I think its a good idea and goes some way towards creating a more stable taxation system.
    Just because you think this doesn't mean everyone else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

As far as I can tell, and I can only tell by what was reported from the meeting this week, that the Troika said, they never insisted on bondholders being paid.

AIB have given away how much to bondholders though, which they got from who in the first place?

Well, seeing as we have been told that the Troika told the govt they must introduce one, I'd say it has plenty to do with it!

Regardless, I asked what you thought of our govt telling the people lies as to why they paid back bondholders, and why they lied on who, or why they 'had to introduce the property tax'?

Enda not getting the deal on debt he had been promised, and the upcoming budget will be the end guys.

They had a good run though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

dvpower wrote: »
    This really is pathetic stuff.
    Question for DV, Vlad, DNC and DXhound.
    The pathetic stuff I was referring to was ilovesleep referring to Germans as dirty and Nazis.

You started going off topic with your claims that it isnt illegal to burn rubbish,
    I never claimed that it isnt illegal to burn rubbish.
    The only rubbish on this thread is from the pro-property tax brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Just because you think this doesn't mean everyone else does.

Just because you oppose a property tax doesn't mean everyone else does.

I never claimed that it isnt illegal to burn rubbish.
    The only rubbish on this thread is from the pro-property tax brigade.

Yes you did though. Do you really need me to quote your post where you said it isnt illegal to burn things?

You seem to be talking a lot of rubbish now in all fairness, cant even answer a simple question.

Again steve is it illegal to burn rubbish?

im worried now. is it actually illegal to burn rubbish in my fireplace?

• Advertisement

im worried now. is it actually illegal to burn rubbish in my fireplace?

Were the protestors burning it in their fireplaces?

I should probably let steve answer that though he seems to know everything nothing about it.

Were the protestors burning it in their fireplaces?

i dont know, were they?

Statistics show eight people at IRBC - which incorporates Anglo - earn atleast 300,000 a year. it pays 119 employees 200,000 and 16 staff 299,000

then enda turns around and says Anglo has to be seen to be profitable so they have to up interest rates?

lol and noonan wants to up the pay cap to 500,000 to attract international bankers?

these people are so far away from the reality of life its scary.

If its illegal to burn things, then am i breaking the law when i run my gas boiler?

i dont know, were they?

Obviously not, I thought you would know this since you were commenting on the subject, poor research done by one of the anti group what a surprise.

If its illegal to burn things, then am i breaking the law when i run my gas boiler?

Seriously are you really that incapable of answering such a simple question. Ah well not much point in listening to anything you have to say anymore steve you obviously have no credibility in the things you say.

on a lighter note, 72 posts til the end of the thread. i reckon if we have a good argument we can knock it on the head before teatime

on a lighter note, 72 posts til the end of the thread. i reckon if we have a good argument we can knock it on the head before teatime

Oh do you now, and why pray tell do you think that then.

Seriously are you really that incapable of answering such a simple question. Ah well not much point in listening to anything you have to say anymore steve you obviously have no credibility in the things you say.

Okay then - burning things is NOT illegal, otherwise the ESB would not be allowed operate any of its thermal power plants and most people would not be allowed use central heating or fireplaces to heat their homes.
    Jebus, I cant believe I am actually playing along with your nonsense!

• Advertisement

Oh do you now, and why pray tell do you think that then.

Are you alright donal?
    you seem to be rambling a bit today :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement