Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have all the old boardsies gone?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Thrill wrote: »
    As someone who lurks the prison forum a little I noticed quite a few older members getting banned over the past year.

Boards started perma banning people who had a lot of infractions and a lot of the older members who had picked up infractions and temp bans over the years got the boot.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056423660

Example

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056455070

I've been here from around '04, I lost my account in the great hacking scandal, however, that kind of attitude to posters makes me just want to pack this place in for good, although it may be taken out of my own hands as my infraction list is fairly long.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

hondasam wrote: »
    People get bored or they simply have other things in their life that does not include posting on line. Quite a few long term posters have left.

I would say a lot re-reg'd or lurk. I know of 5 posters, big posters in the relevant forums who've closed their accounts and started new ones.

You never really leave boards..... EVAR!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

You Rang?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Who is the oldest boardsie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

This is my third account, the first was created on 9/11, when I wanted to respond to the thread that day. The second was created a few years later when I couldn't remember the password for the original one. I then closed that one last October and started this one.

• Advertisement

ROFLcopter wrote: »
    This is my third account, the first was created on 9/11, when I wanted to respond to the thread that day. The second was created a few years later when I couldn't remember the password for the original one. I then closed that one last October and started this one.

Why do some people close their accounts and start new ones? Just curious. Apart from the forgetting password reason?

Why do some people close their accounts and start new ones? Just curious. Apart from the forgetting password reason?

It's like when your mother told you not to touch something and you did it any way.

The button was there calling me.....PRESS MEEEE!!!!!!

Fair enough, sorry to bombard you with questions my nosey side sometimes gets out of control.

Fair enough, sorry to bombard you with questions my nosey side sometimes gets out of control.

It was an impulse thing. The button was there and I pressed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Me

• Advertisement

Me

I see. What do you think of the price of tea these days? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm only posting to see what my join date is.

EDIT: 7 years! :eek: I know after joining initially, I left my account idle for a couple of years so I didn't really see the Boards of Old-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

i'm an oldie despite what this account says, my other account is from 2001

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

2006, guess that makes me middle-aged :o

These threads always seem to bring out a few pre-2000 regs with no more than a few dozen posts between them. In stark contrast to the newbies of less than 6 months, well on their way to 10k + posts.

Quality over quantity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Joko

I think it was 04-06 when it all started to fall apart, for some reason it suddenly got kinda popular among college students and then more noobs followed. There was a time when making 40 posts in one day wasn't common and was lightly discouraged as spam, now you see users who registered 10 months ago with post counts in the high thousands. ****'s crazy wack.

You're making 44leto uncomfortable :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm still here. I actually opened an account in 1999 used it maybe twice. Forgot my username and password so just re-regged in 2002. Nearly 10 years here. I hope I get a prize for being here 10 years. A small gift if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm still here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I just posted this to see when i joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Most post when we have somthing to say not to just add to our post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

N00bs !!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Doc wrote: »
    Most post when we have somthing to say not to just add to our post count.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I suppose most people here don't remember face kicker, thaedydal, being banned for mentioning a certain shakesphere play. I think when daft bought a stake, the admins lost power to do random things.

Ahhh I remember facekicker. the lovable scamp :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Please refrain from mentioning any MCD events. Any further posters discussing any such events will receive a site ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Ah those were the days, many will find the above post baffling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm not old, i'm temporally challenged

Mmm... tempora.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Oldest registered I believe, would be Cloud's trial account. Oldest user? I've heard of someone aged close enough to 80 posting...this was a few years ago though.
    antodeco wrote: »
    I'm still here. I actually opened an account in 1999 used it maybe twice. Forgot my username and password so just re-regged in 2002. Nearly 10 years here. I hope I get a prize for being here 10 years. A small gift if you will
    Coke & hookers. Old skool treats for old skool posters ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I see. What do you think of the price of tea these days? :D

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I wish I had joined in 1998!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I just got my account back running!!!!! I have a new one I made in 2010 but now I should be able to merge them, right??!?!?!?!?!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Anyone else have this in their heads?

Edit - Just realised it's coming on 10 years. For nostalgia, I looked up my first post.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=479676

About dial up. And littered with misspellings. I can only assume I used to type with my face back then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement