Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have all the old boardsies gone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I'm still here, I just blend in with the wallpaper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

I've been lurking in the shadows almost half my life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

ah the old lads right on cue, vets!!!!!! its an honour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

saa wrote: »
    The same reason I don't engage in the Youtube community anymore it got too big and full of too many passers by and eejits, can't connect with anyone anymore, I haven't been on boards for too long but I am already asking myself why I bother, for about six months I was posting a lot while procrastinating on my thesis.

Maybe you are just not into the buzz anymore, and the el weirdo videos that are supposed to make people laugh. in my personal opinion, anything on any youtube site that makes you laugh even if it is a small one is bang-on. look at the positive and not the negative. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Still here, did take long break between postings over the years.

Yeh, the bloody Emo generation are taking over :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

I'm most certainly mainly a lurker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just had one of the busiest weeks of my life so wasnt really on at all for the last week, its only going to get busier so i may end up closing my account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

I'm not dead yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Hiding in the long grass!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Still here darlings

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Never left...just dont post much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

As the years have gone on, I find that I browse more and post less.
    Still check in most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

less time to post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I remember when the Cuckoo's Nest was funny and the Thunderdome had no rules and Hagar was still around, those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Whats a gold account ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

woah this thread is a lurker magnet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Where have all the 1999-2005 joiners gone?

Seems most posters nowadays are 2008+ joiners?

Alien abduction?

Wimmin?

Berties fault?

Atari Jaguar?

Quake rehab?
    Soylent Green is Boardsies!

just had one of the busiest weeks of my life so wasnt really on at all for the last week, its only going to get busier so i may end up closing my account

Why would you close you're account here just because things are busy ? when things are not so busy you will obviously want to banter and associate yourself to the community, and if you closed you're account you would have to start a new one again. I cannot understand why people close their accounts with sites like this because they will use them again as is a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

zenno wrote: »
    Why would you close you're account here just because things are busy ? when things are not so busy you will obviously want to banter and associate yourself to the community, and if you closed you're account you would have to start a new one again. I cannot understand why people close their accounts with sites like this because they will use them again as is a fact.

Not really, if you stop posting, never log on you will forget about it in a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hickorydock

I think you should report a post if it is ott completely and is not picked up on by the moderator and someone is being targeted on the thread. That said, you have to take it with a pinch of salt or just ignore anyone who you simply disagree with. Sometimes it is easier said than done but it is better than spoiling a thread with an argument. It is a new thing to have the close account feature. I think it is good to be able to close the account if you just can't find the time to go on threads but it is only rarely that someone has to be so definite about closing an account. Just my own opinion. What do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hickorydock

If you subscribe you can change your identity and not have to close your account.

hondasam wrote: »
    Not really, if you stop posting, never log on you will forget about it in a week.

But my question is the immensity of boards.ie in all relations to the amount of different threads and interconnection to information from here is excellent so I can't imagine a long term poster quiting. it also keeps communication close for every person no matter what country they are in. well unless thay are mods and just need a break from the job, I can understand that but for a user, this site is and has many many interactions of all kinds of topics which is amazing and which is also used in a very extreme way (as in the amount of members).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

zenno wrote: »
    But my question is the immensity of boards.ie in all relations to the amount of different threads and interconnection to information from here is excellent so I can't imagine a long term poster quiting. it also keeps communication close for every person no matter what country they are in. well unless thay are mods and just need a break from the job, I can understand that but for a user, this site is and has many many interactions of all kinds of topics which is amazing and which is also used in a very extreme way (as in the amount of members).

People get bored or they simply have other things in their life that does not include posting on line. Quite a few long term posters have left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Anseo.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

oh...a roll call... mise anseo!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I caught a fierce dose of the leprosy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just don't post much anymore,really. Still read quite a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Still here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I wonder how many of us Feb 1998ers still log on regularly...

Feb 1998 was the date Cloud imported the users from the last software in (I think!), so the first 300 or so of us date from then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement