Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have all the old boardsies gone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

regi wrote: »
    I wonder how many of us Feb 1998ers still log on regularly...

Feb 1998 was the date Cloud imported the users from the last software in (I think!), so the first 300 or so of us date from then.

Dates don't mean much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Ah those were the days, many will find the above post baffling

I'm baffled. what is mcd ? medical council detective ??? if it is well known then i must remove myself from under this rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

joolsveer wrote: »
    I wish I had joined in 1998!

Even in 2002-2003 the posting rate was slow on Boards.
    Not enough traffic to keep the front page active.

There would be times late at night/morning when there would an hour or two between posts.
    Was painful if the latest post was in some place like fishing/angling forum :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

joolsveer wrote: »
    I wish I had joined in 1998!

So do I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

zenno wrote: »
    I'm baffled. what is mcd ? medical council detective ??? if it is well known then i must remove myself from under this rock.

http://blather.net/globaleyes/archives/2006/08/mcd_are_suing_boardsie.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

It's changed/

kelle wrote: »

I see, farout. I was oblivious to this until I seen that link. quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My join date is my mother's birthday coincidentally enough, obviously 17 year old me was putting in a lot of effort for the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Unfortunately, I'm still around here :)

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'm still around here :)

You're doing well Duggy as I thought this nutball almost excluded you from boards.ie :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Lurking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Kulgan wrote: »
    Lurking...

and waiting to pounce..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I find that most only post in certain forums, ignoring the crap that goes on elsewhere on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mordeth was pretty awesome :(

I always thought he was a ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Sarky wrote: »
    I always thought he was a ****.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

I looked back to my first post after reading this thread. Funnily it was a post asking for advice on what to get for my first car in 2003:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=951030

Back in them days it cost more to insure a car than to buy it. I was paying over €3000 a year for a Seat Ibiza!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Old school here,more a lurker than a poster
    what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Still here, a lurker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've been lurking for years, basically since I started college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

:(

Fine.

A sexy ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

I would say, partner, kids, house they cant pay for... Or like me left the country and all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

regi wrote: »
    I wonder how many of us Feb 1998ers still log on regularly...

Feb 1998 was the date Cloud imported the users from the last software in (I think!), so the first 300 or so of us date from then.

I also think that there are a few manually imported users that have join dates of 1970.

Also 2003 is not old.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's a few posters I miss, though I don't know if they've just re-regged and I've not found them as funny since...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

We all got promoted in our jobs and have less time to post or fired from our jobs and have no computer to post on.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Bit of a lurker myself, I dont tend to post as much in AH anymore but more in specific forums or I just read and dont post.

A lot of the AH threads are just rehashes of arguements that happen way to often...

Still its great that so many people are still around and active on the site, it nice that old and new are using Boards and long may it continue :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Doc wrote: »
    Most post when we have somthing to say not to just add to our post count.
    Indeed .

I could never understand the importance on post counts just for the sake of getting the numbers up but if you post in a private forum or a busy one like for instance soccer ,then you can run up the post count fairly quick over the weeks and months .
    the_syco wrote: »
    I find that most only post in certain forums, ignoring the crap that goes on elsewhere on boards.ie
    Nail on head ...while there are some interesting threads on boards.ie there's also lots of crap .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

feck them, its the cowboys Im intreested in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I heard that all the old boardsies got into a boat and fcuked off like the Elves in The Lord of the Rings did. It mightn't be true though - I heard it from a hairy little midget (and y'know what they're like... :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Rabies wrote: »
    Even in 2002-2003 the posting rate was slow on Boards.
    Not enough traffic to keep the front page active.

There would be times late at night/morning when there would an hour or two between posts.
    Was painful if the latest post was in some place like fishing/angling forum :mad:

And let's not forget the dreaded 03 30 server maintenance! I think it was possibly the main reason for the formation of the nocturnal forum also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Sugar Free wrote: »
    And let's not forget the dreaded 03 30 server maintenance! I think it was possibly the main reason for the formation of the nocturnal forum also.

-_-

Who are you?
    Have we met on a previous server?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement