Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Got my letter about course transfer this morning. Chuffed, explains my earlier post about being happy to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

So got 10 emails this morning from the accommodation office today regarding my place on the "waiting list "

Interesting because I never knew I was on such a list nor have I actually even applied for campus accommodation ever.... hummm....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Can't believe SUSI has done their job this early. I was fully expecting to have to pay the full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Right, I got all my modules sorted and for three out of four years, I've got no classes on Fridays :) Looking forward to the subjects I have too! Bring this year on!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Can anyone tell me what the €100 levy goes toward? Just interested in knowing what I am paying for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Planemo wrote: »
    On your current moodle homepage change the URL to 2014

Can't access any of my modules cos they all need enrollment keys. Is it like that for anyone else?
    yep like that for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

My modules are now up on Moodle and they're accessible.

andrew369 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the €100 levy goes toward? Just interested in knowing what I am paying for.

Gym , library , other assorted campus/student services as far as I gather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I don't think I ever saw a genuine proper breakdown of where the money goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

mickstupp wrote: »
    I don't think I ever saw a genuine proper breakdown of where the money goes.

It really should be broken down clearly somewhere, rather than students having to hand out 100e each for something when we don't even understand where it's going to..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think Ben, MSU President, has promised to release the Students' Union accounts so I presume the breakdown of the €100 would be included in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Nitochris

Out of curiosity does the su publish minutes of the union council? I remember when I was a class rep (yonks ago) they used to post them on the bulletin board near the canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How do we know if SUSI have already paid the grant? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

If you have enough not to notice that much more in your account ye probably dont need it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Try and withdraw money, if you start weeping then it hasn't happened

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I dont really care too much as long as the doctor stays free.. I would have paid much more for doctor appointments than €100/year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They're unrelated things. There was whispers of a E10 fee for a prescription from the docs when I was there, but that's ages ago now. I know other colleges are thinking of bringing it in though, I think some already have?

Edit: My God it is too early to be getting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I read there that other colleges don't charge the registration fee if you have a medical card. They don't do that in Maynooth do they?

The levy isn't connected to the medical centre! So no.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

banquo wrote: »
    They're unrelated things. There was whispers of a E10 fee for a prescription from the docs when I was there, but that's ages ago now. I know other colleges are thinking of bringing it in though, I think some already have?

Edit: My God it is too early to be getting up.

Some colleges don't even have free medical services. I know the doc in DCU costs about €20 if not more

• Advertisement

Yup, it's college by college. Some charge for some things, not for other things, etc. They've all had their core funding cut pretty hard in the last few years and are basically told to ''find the rest somewhere.'' Which usually means increased charges, new charges, and unfixed water fountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Guys I am SO EXCITED to start aaaaaaaahhhhhh hurry up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

When do 2nd years need to return?

When do 2nd years need to return?

23rd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Does anybody know if degree results are published in the graduation ceremony booklet? Somebody just told me that they are and I'm kind of surprised that they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Only if you're a st pat's graduate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anybody know if degree results are published in the graduation ceremony booklet? Somebody just told me that they are and I'm kind of surprised that they do that.

No they're not.

This is a picture of part of last year's from the law graduation.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Thanks for that:) Thought it was a bit unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I *really* don't want to leave college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

lads whens the first thursday of term ? have to re aquaint myself with the roost.

Advertisement