Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    I reckon if you email the department they will be happy to take your money.
    These things happen.

I emailed them last night with my module choices anyway to try save a place in the ones I want because of late registration and put that as my number one but didn't actually say anything about the deposit thing. Should I or will I just play dumb?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Thank you for the reply. :) Good to hear. It was just an afterthought yesterday that I may be seriously outnumbered. I can live with it though!! It's good to know I won't be completely alone in that regard though.

:)

Haha not at all, I was being completely sarcastic with my reply :p I do know one girl going into CSSE, but that's not saying much, 1 girl is nothing to write home about :rolleyes:

You will still be quite outnumbered, I would say. I'm going into Engineering, and that's certainly not gonna be any better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

D_s wrote: »
    Haha not at all, I was being completely sarcastic with my reply :p I do know one girl going into CSSE, but that's not saying much, 1 girl is nothing to write home about :rolleyes:

You will still be quite outnumbered, I would say. I'm going into Engineering, and that's certainly not gonna be any better :pac:

I feel so sorry for you, only one girl did engineering as an option through science last year and she left because of the lads staring at her all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Science Ed is just as bad male/female ratio wise. There's 5 guys and 24 girls :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

GarIT wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for you, only one girl did engineering as an option through science last year and she left because of the lads staring at her all the time.

Meh, I have a geef at the moment, went to an all lads secondary so am used to it, and plan on most definitely NOT just hanging 'round fellow engineers for 4 years. I'm sure I'll make friends in Clubs & Socs. I have a good few friends, of both sexes, in other courses also.
    Lecture time is for learning :P

On the contrary, I feel sorry for any girl who does do Engineering, having a load of us greasy nerds dripping sweat on the backs of their necks while breathing into their ear heavily because we're smelling their neck. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I think you might be underestimating just how much time you need to spend working with your engineering buddies. My engineering beef ended up with precisely one friend from outside his department. And that was me.

But, you know, I spent a whole lot of time with engineers while I was in maynooth, and they're all pretty cool. And none of them had any neck-sniffing issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

No Christmas exams for my course, awwwww yis

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Does that mean you'll be examined on semester 1 and semester 2's material in May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

But does that mean all your modules will be examined in May? cause that'll be a bit of a balls. /pessimism

:p

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Does that mean you'll be examined on semester 1 and semester 2's material in May?
    BRAIN TWINS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Seren_ wrote: »
    But does that mean all your modules will be examined in May? cause that'll be a bit of a balls. /pessimism

:p

Same modules both semesters, I think!

I'd imagine that will be annoying, trying to remember/cram stuff you did in September in May.

My course is the exact same actually, but I think we have all continous assessment rather than exams for the year long modules (emphasis on the word "think")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Repeat results are up ...

I got 28% in my exam :(

But I got 68 in the other - passed by compensation - whoop whoop ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Agsfds I can't get mine cause I couldn't pay the fees before now and my Mam wants to wait till Friday and I won't sleep till then because I'm absolutely bricking it *breathes in*.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

If there is anyone who has any experience with Economics Department please PM me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I don't always do repeats, but when I do. I pass them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I am pretty much broke after paying my student levy and spending the summer in Birmingham. And here was I hoping that by the time I would return, I would have earned enough to afford to rent in Maynooth. :(

I am pretty much broke after paying my student levy and spending the summer in Birmingham. And here was I hoping that by the time I would return, I would have earned enough to afford to rent in Maynooth. :(

What is this fee, when does it have to be paid by? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

marko93 wrote: »
    What is this fee, when does it have to be paid by? D:
    It's student contribution fee (€97 last year) which is paid with your fees when you register. Or.. did I mix them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

There are two fees.

One is the 'big one', the Student Contribution. Not payable if you receive the Maintenance Grant.

The other is the NUIM-specific Student Levy, that you need to pay before you're fully registered. You also need to pay this to get the paperwork you need to complete your grant application form. It's E100 Euro this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know when Repeat students are informed about registration?
    :pac:

Very soon!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone know when Repeat students are informed about registration?
    :pac:

I got a letter today that was to Repeat and Deferral students. I posted a picture of a bit of it in the Know Your Maynoothians thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Question about registering online:
    Got a letter today outlining the steps of registering online, and one of the steps asks if I'm a SUSI grant applicant. I've applied for (and should get) a grant through my county council - If I say no to SUSI applicant will I be asked to pay the student contribution charge of €2,500 in the next step?

I wasn't in college last year when SUSI was introduced so don't know how it'll work!

I'd say answer no? Usually you can input how much you want to pay during registration, so just pay the 100 euro levy.

If you've applied for the grant, tick 'Yes.' (!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

banquo wrote: »
    If you've applied for the grant, tick 'Yes.' (!)

It says I'll be asked to enter my SUSI number if I do that though, and I won't have one!

Edit: No point stressing about it now I suppose, I'll save that 'til Friday! Thanks for the help guys :)

SUSI is pure shiiite anyway; they wouldn't give me any money #poor

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

jubella wrote: »
    It says I'll be asked to enter my SUSI number if I do that though, and I won't have one!

Edit: No point stressing about it now I suppose, I'll save that 'til Friday! Thanks for the help guys :)
    I have a letter from the council with a student reference number on it - maybe that's it?

• Advertisement

Seren_ wrote: »
    SUSI is pure shiiite anyway; they wouldn't give me any money #poor

It took them a week when I applied last summer to decide I wasn't eligible...

Letter was just a massive "LOL MARK R U BEN SRS? MARK, LOL, STAPH"

Advertisement