Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

5 through for me, only Mcilroy letting the side down. I have four in the top 20 at the moment including Molinari so am hoping for a (long overdue) good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

only one in the top 20 for me. at least that one is winning- Molinari

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Mcilory and howell with missed cuts. Grillo & Morrison in contention. Last minute decision to bring willett in for molinari could be costly, went with my gut though knowing molinari would be more popular. Pity Grillo missed out on the best round today. Would've been nice to see Niall Kearney make the cut, was a very good amateur but hasn't cut it on the pro ranks, not quite sharp enough with the putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Got a 5th, 6th and 11th in the end...other 3 made the cut. Reasonably happy but though molinari would do better.
    I imagine not too many picked AN anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Disappointing from Molinari alright. I managed to get five in the top 20 though, so hopefully will score some decent points this week.

Edit - the points have been updated, into the top 200 overall - nice.

• Advertisement

Into top 150 now myself, keep thinking if only i had Spieth in the masters but im sure everyone has their own hard luck/bad decision stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

my first week playing
    scored 94 points... is that any good?

Seve OB wrote: »
    my first week playing
    scored 94 points... is that any good?

Its not too bad....varies week to week depending on how the popular guys do...if Rory or Rose or Donald were the winner this week then the points would have been higher for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KosaH

Was browsing those around me after having a great week, and saw LionIrons was in this league, so thought I'd join in the fun.. Have had BH An in my European Tour FL team, and he has earned good points, made my week in the IT FL!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Kop On

Just outside the top 30 overall. If only I'd used my picks in this game for my Paddy Power bets I'd be sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 puenteboy

Pin code this week is Musselburgh. Hope I spelt that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Is it the Open or Byron Nelson?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Is it the Open or Byron Nelson?

Irish Open. I made that mistake last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eom 89

Just fyi Jamie Donaldson has withdrawn from the Irish open. know from experience that it's a real pisser if you have a player in that's withdrawn. So just a heads up as I'd imagine he'd be a popular pick

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

eom 89 wrote: »
    Just fyi Jamie Donaldson has withdrawn from the Irish open. know from experience that it's a real pisser if you have a player in that's withdrawn. So just a heads up as I'd imagine he'd be a popular pick

Was going to have him in my team. He's been playing well of late and seems to do well on links courses

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noelito40

I think a McIlroy win this week is unlikely, he has a lot of distractions any week but even more so this week as he is on home turf, I don't know, if I was a bookmaker I'd be opposing him. My 3 against the field are Danny Willett, Shane Lowry and Simon Dyson.

By the way, I am in the Boards.ie league as Villeta Villegas...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

mcilroy is gone :O

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Noelito40 wrote: »
    I think a McIlroy win this week is unlikely, he has a lot of distractions any week but even more so this week as he is on home turf, I don't know, if I was a bookmaker I'd be opposing him. My 3 against the field are Danny Willett, Shane Lowry and Simon Dyson.

Prophetic! But no one could have envisaged him at 9 over!!

jimmers wrote: »
    Prophetic! But no one could have envisaged him at 9 over!!

No I did not expect McIlroy to be that close to the tail end of the field...Although as I also tipped Simon Dyson, maybe it's less a case of clairvoyance and more that even a stopped clock is right twice a day!!haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Going well this week 5/6 mking the cut (Silly Rory ruined my team)

Into the weekend have T2: S Kjeldson -3
    T30 D Willet +3
    T40 S Lowery +4
    T40 T Fleetwood +4
    T57 G McDowell +5

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

shaunac93 wrote: »

T30 D Willet +3
    T40 S Lowery +4
    T40 T Fleetwood +4
    T57 G McDowell +5

Only got 3 through. Harrington got me bonus points on Thursday. Many at the top of the boards.ie leaderboard are having a poor week.

5 through gives you ten chances round of the day bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Judejackson

LinksLad wrote: »
    Only got 3 through. Harrington got me bonus points on Thursday. Many at the top of the boards.ie leaderboard are having a poor week.

5 through gives you ten chances round of the day bonus points.

Im one of those near the top!

Was a hard week to select as I was going for a top 4 monthly (3rd before this tournament) and think I'm 11th overall

My thinking behind my selections was to stay steady with the main players up with me and hope for An and fleetwood to go for top 5. At first I didn't want Rory but felt for the monthly prize I would throw it away if he did well and didn't choose him.

It turns out the players I would have had with the cash spare would have done worse anyway! So here's hanging on to top 4 in the monthly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

shaunac93 wrote: »

T30 D Willet +3
    T40 S Lowery +4
    T40 T Fleetwood +4
    T57 G McDowell +5

Ended with 58 points and ties 8th overall for the week :) delighted would be an understatement as I never do well in these kinda things! The fact i got to see these guys hit shots in the flesh over the weekend makes it so much better.

Not being greedy but could have been even more points Fleetwood t21 and no best round from kjeldson or willet but i'll take what i can get :):)

Edit: JUst noticed i'm first in boards league for this event :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

We'll done, 30 points more than me!!!

Have had Rory for the last 2 weeks as many I'm sure have had - for the 2 European events it was easier to accommodate him with a lot more lower priced priced players available. A return of -4 is pretty disappointing to say the least. With the game now returning to the US tour, he probably becomes too pricey again although at least he's not playing in the Memorial Tournament this week.

Have had Rory for the last 2 weeks as many I'm sure have had - for the 2 European events it was easier to accommodate him with a lot more lower priced players available. A return of -4 is pretty disappointing to say the least. With the game now returning to the US tour, he probably becomes too pricey again although at least he's not playing in the Memorial Tournament this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Judejackson

jimmers wrote: »
    Have had Rory for the last 2 weeks as many I'm sure have had - for the 2 European events it was easier to accommodate him with a lot more lower priced priced players available. A return of -4 is pretty disappointing to say the least. With the game now returning to the US tour, he probably becomes too pricey again although at least he's not playing in the Memorial Tournament this week.

Mcillroy won't be in my team again any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mcillroy won't be in my team again any time soon!

he will be in mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

password ?

Advertisement