Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

just signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Seve OB wrote: »
    just signed up

bit late to the party Seve :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

shaunac93 wrote: »
    bit late to the party Seve :p

Yea I know. I always play the one on European tour website. Only did this one to enter the competition to play in Irish open pro am

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭bobster453

Furyk Haas Kisner Moore Simpson and Holmes for me this week

bobster453 wrote: »
    Furyk Haas Kisner Moore Simpson and Holmes for me this week

we almost have same team: Holmes, Kisner, Haas, Furyk, Mickelson, J. Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

we almost have same team: Holmes, Kisner, Haas, Furyk, Mickelson, J. Thomas

And me: Holmes, Kisner, Haas, Furyk, Moore & Matsuyama

They should really restrict changes to 2/3/4 per week or change prices of golfers according to form
    Kisner shouldnt still be so low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

3 in a row with no McIlroy?! with so few in form expensive players playing I couldn't leave him out.

qwabercd wrote: »
    3 in a row with no McIlroy?! with so few in form expensive players playing I couldn't leave him out.

picking mcilroy leaves u with 6m for 5 players..too hard to pick lads around the 1-1.6m mark that you could almost guarentee will make cut and get points....could be putting all your eggs in one basket with rory!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

picking mcilroy leaves u with 6m for 5 players..too hard to pick lads around the 1-1.6m mark that you could almost guarentee will make cut and get points....could be putting all your eggs in one basket with rory!

At least ye picked a team this week :(

McIlroy will guarantee you top20 points. The likes of furyk wont. That means going with one extra cheap player (eg 0.6m over a 2m player). Lot of players at the cheaper end of the scale more than capable of performing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I went with Reed, Mickelson, Knox, Haas, W Simpson and Mahan

qwabercd wrote:
    McIlroy will guarantee you top20 points. The likes of furyk wont. That means going with one extra cheap player (eg 0.6m over a 2m player). Lot of players at the cheaper end of the scale more than capable of performing.

Suppose That's what makes it a competition, everyone has different stratigies that they feel work :) we'll see Sunday which was the right way to go, Rory or not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Every Wednesday I pick my team for this and think I have it sorted. Then by about 8pm on Thursday I find myself looking at the leaderboard wondering about things such as why the hell I thought picking Rory Sabbatini would in any way be a good idea.

I went with McIlroy this week for the first time on the basis that he likes the course and everyone would have him in. I'm surprised that so many are saying they've left him out.

Every Wednesday I pick my team for this and think I have it sorted. Then by about 8pm on Thursday I find myself looking at the leaderboard wondering about things such as why the hell I thought picking Rory Sabbatini would in any way be a good idea.

I went with McIlroy this week for the first time on the basis that he likes the course and everyone would have him in. I'm surprised that so many are saying they've left him out.

A quick look at the top end of leaderboard and most have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Might be a better week this time for me. Have McIlroy and Mickelson along with Haas and Kisner. Brought in Justin Thomas too who's shot up the leader board today and is one off now. Two eagles and four birdies for his round today, some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Have Mickelson, Matsuyama, O'Hair, Kisner, Stenson, and B. Haas.

Looking reasonably good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eom 89

Had a great weekend. Had Mcilroy, Phil, Justin Thomas , Woodland and Streelman. Kisner only one not top 10 . topped this weeks leaderboard , pity the prizes are only for monthly winners!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

eom 89 wrote: »
    Had a great weekend. Had Mcilroy, Phil, Justin Thomas , Woodland and Streelman. Kisner only one not top 10 . topped this weeks leaderboard , pity the prizes are only for monthly winners!

Super picking to be fair. I thought I had done well with Rory, Big Phil, Ogilvy in the top 10 until I read your post.......keep it up!

Good week this week to, 6 cuts, mcilroy and woodland with good returns and an extra point for matsyuma and o'hair. Back up to just outside the top 100 after a big drop after a disastrous players. Mcilroy is the way to go when there aren't too many expensive players playing. May even plump for him in the US Open, not much point having lads making the cut, it's all about getting lads in the top 5 that's where the real points are and mcilroy will get you that more often than not despite his hefty price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Don't forget to pick your team before the first tee off on Thursday (7am) with the action now moving across the pond to Europe.

Last year I forgot - and missed the deadline - so I had all US PGA players on my team :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 puenteboy

This week's code is birkdale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

How do you sort the player list by name?

Very messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

How do you sort the player list by name?

Very messy.

I agree. A workaround, if you're on a laptop or PC, is to use "Ctrl + F" to use the search feature on your browser. Then just start typing the name of the player you're looking for.

Edit: Just noticed there are Name and Value buttons above the list of players. Clicking Name sorts alphabetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

D Hayes wrote: »
    I agree. A workaround, if you're on a laptop or PC, is to use "Ctrl + F" to use the search feature on your browser. Then just start typing the name of the player you're looking for.

Edit: Just noticed there are Name and Value buttons above the list of players. Clicking Name sorts alphabetically.

This works at the very beginning but once you start selecting players, it gets very messy as previous poster suggests.
    Ctrl & F very handy on computers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

This works at the very beginning but once you start selecting players, it gets very messy as previous poster suggests.
    Ctrl & F very handy on computers

It's really weird that. You click Name and it gives it alphabetically, click it again and they go into some weird order. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

anyone who didn't pick mcilroy will be laughing here..

First week all year I decided to splash out on mcillroy

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    anyone who didn't pick mcilroy will be laughing here..

Ha.ha.ha,he,hee,he, gutted for him but I've my six through.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eom 89

Had him as well, can't imagine many hadn't. Only have 3 through to weekend but 2 are Molinari and Morrison so here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

eom 89 wrote: »
    Had him as well, can't imagine many hadn't. Only have 3 through to weekend but 2 are Molinari and Morrison so here's hoping!

All 6 through. 4 in top 20 - Molinari, Grace, Donald, Lowry. Rose is poised to get into the top 20 as well, Only Westwood is not doing as well as he should be.

Advertisement