Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Thanks Chuck fair play to ya should have the read for you starting the two weeks will fly in i'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, this is a bit odd but should be grand nonetheless. Got a call from England today, from the referencing agency, can't remember their name. Anyway, one of my previous employers has closed since being there, and they were ringing to confirm this as they had looked online and weren't able to find out if it had or not. The chap seemed really friendly. In fact, he had rang me 5 minutes before, I missed it, but he attempted leaving a voicemail but had a sneezing fit and hung up. If he's anything to go by, the reference agency should lead to no problems for anyone else :)

Also, how's everyone getting on that started this week? Hopefully all good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Just received my contact for a start date on January 7th. Seems like I will be seeinganu of you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Joyce88 wrote: »
    Just received my contact for a start date on January 7th. Seems like I will be seeinganu of you there!

There should be a good gang of us there alright. Some started on Monday, I start Monday week. And yourself and a few others in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

There should be a good gang of us there alright. Some started on Monday, I start Monday week. And yourself and a few others in January.

Hey lads just a update for ya, three days into it now and he to say I'm
    Enjoying it a lot.. Sky seems to be a great place to work so at anyway!! Also te pool table will be set up by the time your in chuck :) Tripper, who is your team leader? And are you in at 7am or the evening training session?

• Advertisement

Ciaran219 wrote: »

Hey lads just a update for ya, three days into it now and he to say I'm
    Enjoying it a lot.. Sky seems to be a great place to work so at anyway!! Also te pool table will be set up by the time your in chuck :) Tripper, who is your team leader? And are you in at 7am or the evening training session?

Nice one. Winner stays on? :)

Hi All
    J boyle that is normal they are out sourced we all recieved same nothing to worry about , well done joyce88 great news welcome aboard
    it's been great start everyone so nice in there all supportive and yes the pool table has entered the building training, the meet and greet night is a chance to see around and meet the team will put your mind at rest Like Chuck says he will be next group starting and then January 7th is next start date which by then the place will be buzzing. A great mix of people all ages all backgrounds looks like it's going to live up to expectations

Also just a word of advice, dont be shy! wont give away anything for ya, but it's pointless trying to hide in the corner. wont work with these guys haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Assessment tomorrow getting nervous... You guys be able tell me where exactly the building is please

Wils110 wrote: »
    Assessment tomorrow getting nervous... You guys be able tell me where exactly the building is please

burlington plaza you have it in yeah?? if so, then it is around the corner from the mespil hotel. if you take the luas on the green line, hop off at charlemount, and walk down the canal towards the mespil. its beside the EBS building.

• Advertisement

Also just a word of advice, dont be shy! wont give away anything for ya, but it's pointless trying to hide in the corner. wont work with these guys haha

Well I'm certainly not backwards about coming forwards, so I should be fairly alright on that score! :D

Alexandra house ballsbridge sorry

It's opposite the R.D.S. behind the BNP Paribas building. Third building down on the right.

if im right in remembering its the bewleys hotel i think!??? near alexander house that you can park at. if your driving i went down past tesco merrion and the rte buildings. turn left down by tesco. and follow the road. the bewleys (i think) is the hotel you can park at cheap and walk up the road and its on the side hand side.

if im right in remembering its the bewleys hotel i think!??? near alexander house that you can park at. if your driving i went down past tesco merrion and the rte buildings. turn left down by tesco. and follow the road. the bewleys (i think) is the hotel you can park at cheap and walk up the road and its on the side hand side.

Yeah, Bewleys is the next road up. I was blessed each time I had to go out there, I got parked right outside the door. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j0nny2012

Hi everyone, how long does it usually take for sky to get back to you after your last assessment to let you know whether you have the job or not? They said 5-7 days but not sure if anyone else heard earlier?

Cheers

j0nny2012 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, how long does it usually take for sky to get back to you after your last assessment to let you know whether you have the job or not? They said 5-7 days but not sure if anyone else heard earlier?

Cheers

Depends really, when we got hired they werent organising the training and office etc. i wouldnt worry, they will get back to you.

Good luck tomorrow Wils those directions are spot on try not be nervous i know easier said than done.. best o luck ;)

j0nny2012 wrote: »

Cheers

Exactly as Ciaran said, they'll be in touch. We heard fairly quickly as they weren't in the middle of training everyone at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j0nny2012

Cheers for the replys, hopefully it will be good news soon! Assessment was on Monday so hopefully tomorrow or Friday I will hear.

Cheers

• Advertisement

tripper63 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow Wils those directions are spot on try not be nervous i know easier said than done.. best o luck ;)

You think having experience with sky will help at all was a field rep for awhile have good knowledge on the product and selling...wasn't really worried till I read the assessment went on for two hours

That will stand to you for sure so i promise the two hours do go really fast it has to be said

Best of luck jonny and wills. Don't worry, they're good at relaxing you. And the two hours should fly. It may take slightly less time than that tough. Think I was about an hour and a half for the first assessment.

Well had the assessment...got home an their was an email duh duh duh back in on the 9th of November for 2nd one

Well had the assessment...got home an their was an email duh duh duh back in on the 9th of November for 2nd one

Nice one man. Delighted for ya. Was it sales advisor you were going for?

Well done Wils thats a good sign

Yea sales advisor role starting the seventh wats the next part like

Yea sales advisor role starting the seventh wats the next part like

Can't help you on that one man. I went for customer advisor. Read back in the thread, and there's someone on here whose wife got the sales advisor position. Drop him a pm. He might be able to help.

Side note, meet & greet next Thursday. Finally!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Side note, meet & greet next Thursday. Finally!

Best of luck and dont be "that guy" you know the one that gets wasted on all the free wine :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Best of luck and dont be "that guy" you know the one that gets wasted on all the free wine :pac::pac:

No chance Heli. I'll be wasted before I even get there!!!! :D:D:D

Advertisement