Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

well done ciaran on getting the news
    Jboyle you will have a fair idea what to expect with a few of us starting before you
    good luck with the flat hunting
    hey guys hope the Wi facilities aint just the jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Actually, anybody been told the dress code? From the vids, I'm assuming jeans- t-shirt combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Actually, anybody been told the dress code? From the vids, I'm assuming jeans- t-shirt combo.

Seems from the customer centre site that that's the case too.

the meet and greet invite said come as you are ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Hey, congrats everyone.

I have a few queries that I emailed them with last week but I got no response. They are things I need to know a.s.a.p. for the purposes of signing off the Live Register, as well as avoiding the death trap a.k.a. Emergency Tax. My questions were:

1) When will I receive my first pay cheque from Sky?

2) How much will my first pay cheque be?

3) What is their PAYE Registered Number?

4) Will those of us starting on October 22nd be working the bank holiday Monday 29th?

I have heard nothing back. Starting to get a bit anxious now because I want to inform my local social welfare office sooner rather than later, so I know what supports I will have while awaiting my first pay cheque, and whether I need to make alternative arrangements or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ngale5

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    I think it's already been mentioned, but you'll be spoken to individually by 4 people. They'll be assessing you in a different manner, after asking you on your work and education history at the beginning. There's no magic trick or preparation needed, just be communicative and google the STAR interview method and you should be fine :)

Thank you for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Yup, said dress casual today on my email. so im wearing shorts and flip flops :D

the temptation huh? hard to resist

whirlpool wrote: »
    Hey, congrats everyone.

I have a few queries that I emailed them with last week but I got no response. They are things I need to know a.s.a.p. for the purposes of signing off the Live Register, as well as avoiding the death trap a.k.a. Emergency Tax. My questions were:

1) When will I receive my first pay cheque from Sky?

2) How much will my first pay cheque be?

3) What is their PAYE Registered Number?

4) Will those of us starting on October 22nd be working the bank holiday Monday 29th?

I have heard nothing back. Starting to get a bit anxious now because I want to inform my local social welfare office sooner rather than later, so I know what supports I will have while awaiting my first pay cheque, and whether I need to make alternative arrangements or not.

i was the same, i emailed them a few times. but my team leader rang today. its them that are ringing not HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

hi folks,

just wondering how long it took before you heard back after applying to a role?

I just applied online including the online assesment. hopefully ill get a call

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    hi folks,

just wondering how long it took before you heard back after applying to a role?

I just applied online includinbg the online assesment. hopefully ill get a call

I heard back the next day after every stage. As in, got called for interview the day after I did the online assessment etc. It has been longer for others, so don't stress if you don't hear from them tomorrow. They're up to their eyes setting up at the moment.

good point that Chuck made i was waiting weeks but something tells me you wont be at this stage things moving real quickly good luck madma hope you are successful

I heard back the next day after every stage. As in, got called for interview the day after I did the online assessment etc. It has been longer for others, so don't stress if you don't hear from them tomorrow. They're up to their eyes setting up at the moment.

cheers for reply, that was quick with the next day!

I wish i applied earlier but sure i'll see what happens

tripper63 wrote: »
    good point that Chuck made i was waiting weeks but something tells me you wont be at this stage things moving real quickly good luck madma hope you are successful

cheers! i have plenty of expereince in the area so im hoping to hear from them, if not sure just gotta keep trying. its so hard to even get an interview lined up these days.

ah you will hear back, i had my first interview months ago and i finished at 3 and got the call at 6 that same evening. but took till the next day for the second phase. but now they are up to their tits so u might have to wait a week or two. wouldnt worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

i got the message about the canteen as well and the 45minute breaks during training
    after the open night things will no doubt seem clearer

same message i got. doing the evening stints for the first while.2.30-11

i'd love to know about the bank hol as well as i have nfl wembley tickets that week and am unsure as to what is happening. I imagine we will be off as I don't see them allowing everyone to clock up a holiday day to use later during a training period

I've not heard from them in two weeks. :(
    I would also doubt you'll be working the bank holiday, but then again, you never know.

On the plus side, just got a call from my former employers saying that my reference check has been done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jmolloy wrote: »
    i'd love to know about the bank hol as well as i have nfl wembley tickets that week and am unsure as to what is happening. I imagine we will be off as I don't see them allowing everyone to clock up a holiday day to use later during a training period

Would you not have told them at the interview/job offer that you were going away that weekend and would not be available to work?

As a courtesy, you should inform them asap.
    They have to set up work rosters/training sessions.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Would you not have told them at the interview/job offer that you were going away that weekend and would not be available to work?

As a courtesy, you should inform them asap.
    They have to set up work rosters/training sessions.

bought as a present after interviews and all before i got start date. naw if i'm on we know a guy in london who'll go so lose a 20 quid flight so no big deal. jobs more important

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hillrock

congrats everyone!

have my open day on Wednesday as well, coming up from Sligo can anyone give me decent directions from Connolly station?

Hi Hillrock well done see you there wednesday how's your sense of direction if it was me i'd come out of connolly station cross road past busarus walk along all the way up to o connell street and get the 10 bus where you can get off at upper Baggot street then cross road at the bridge pass the mespil hotel and the sky building is there on your left hand side

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Woah - havent been on here in a long time, how many people here will I be colleagues with??! Happy to say I was successful too, and congrats to everyone else who was! Well I say successful, I hope, I am still awaiting my contract while they do background checks, etc. and wont be starting until 7th January but hopefully thats just procedure! Best of luck to everyone starting this month, keep us posted with information, rota's, shift times, etc. as currently the only thing I know about my role is that its a customer advisor position and thats it! Looking forward to meeting ye all!

Smurts wrote: »
    Woah - havent been on here in a long time, how many people here will I be colleagues with??! Happy to say I was successful too, and congrats to everyone else who was! Well I say successful, I hope, I am still awaiting my contract while they do background checks, etc. and wont be starting until 7th January but hopefully thats just procedure! Best of luck to everyone starting this month, keep us posted with information, rota's, shift times, etc. as currently the only thing I know about my role is that its a customer advisor position and thats it! Looking forward to meeting ye all!

Congrats Smurts. Yeah, we're pretty mug takin the place over alright.

well done smurts great news will fill you in starting before you on 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hillrock

Hi Hillrock well done see you there wednesday how's your sense of direction if it was me i'd come out of connolly station cross road past busarus walk along all the way up to o connell street and get the 10 bus where you can get off at upper Baggot street then cross road at the bridge pass the mespil hotel and the sky building is there on your left hand side

Cheers man hopefully see ya there Wednesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I contacted Sky to ask them a few questions and this is what they told me:

1. [Those starting on October 22nd] are due to receive your first salary payment on 27 November 2012

2. On 27 November you will be paid from the 22 October 2012 until 30 November 2012

3. You will be working on the bank holiday on 29 October 2012

4. The contact centre is open on all bank holidays except for Christmas Day, Stephen’s Day and New Year’s day. You receive an additional nine days annual leave (including these three days and the other six bank holiday) which you can take throughout the year.

whirlpool wrote: »
    I contacted Sky to ask them a few questions and this is what they told me:

1. [Those starting on October 22nd] are due to receive your first salary payment on 27 November 2012

2. On 27 November you will be paid from the 22 October 2012 until 30 November 2012

3. You will be working on the bank holiday on 29 October 2012

4. The contact centre is open on all bank holidays except for Christmas Day, Stephen’s Day and New Year’s day. You receive an additional nine days annual leave (including these three days and the other six bank holiday) which you can take throughout the year.

Nice info :) you starting the 22nd too? What department you in? Anyone know if theirs a gym up their??

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Got my contract emailed this morning! Just a quick query, if any of ye had had a position like this before (I have never worked somewhere like this before!) - it says in the contract that a 39 week is standard but from time to time a 49 hour week may be expected if required. I know in my last job, which was a salary job, that overtime was expected but not paid for so you could be working up to 20 hours over the standard working week with nothing in return, be it additional pay for the hours or time off in lieu. Will it be the same here or would ye expect to receive overtime for additional hours worked?

• Advertisement

Smurts wrote: »
    Got my contract emailed this morning! Just a quick query, if any of ye had had a position like this before (I have never worked somewhere like this before!) - it says in the contract that a 39 week is standard but from time to time a 49 hour week may be expected if required. I know in my last job, which was a salary job, that overtime was expected but not paid for so you could be working up to 20 hours over the standard working week with nothing in return, be it additional pay for the hours or time off in lieu. Will it be the same here or would ye expect to receive overtime for additional hours worked?

Congrats on the contract, what's position are you in? I don't think anyone will know that just yet, but I'm assuming from previous jobs that it's not extra pay anyway. If I stayed late cos I needed to then I just did but sometimes the boss would send tr team home early to he nice. But ya wouldn't know really till we meet the boss :)

Advertisement