Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Thank you Whirlpool for that information

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

For call centre agents OT will be paid...

So if there's a boat load of calls and people are asked to work an extra 3 hours for example you'll get paid.

If you're on a call 20 mins after your shift ends, you most likely wont be paid for that..

I wish i got paid OT... I'd be loaded!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Thanks helimachoptor! Yea, ditto for me, in my last job I was on a salary and would be working 15 hours extra on top of a 48 hour working on a pretty regular basis - How I longed to be paid hourly!! So the above is good to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

So if there's a boat load of calls and people are asked to work an extra 3 hours for example you'll get paid.

In your opinion is this going to be common at the start? Seen as they're not going to have all the staff in place.

Or if there is a heavy volume of calls, would they be transferred to Scotland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

can anyone going on wednesday night post a general idea of what was worn to the open night. My last CC insisted on smart casual so I was gonna go in with the shirt and formal trousers but that doesn't seem to be sky's expectation based on the invite

• Advertisement

jmolloy wrote: »
    can anyone going on wednesday night post a general idea of what was worn to the open night. My last CC insisted on smart casual so I was gonna go in with the shirt and formal trousers but that doesn't seem to be sky's expectation based on the invite

When's your meet & greet? Still waiting on my invite. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

When's your meet & greet? Still waiting on my invite. :(

Contact them chuck, I'd say your team leder is delayed maybe.. But as for the dress attire of the day, I'd go in jeans t shirts and clean runners. Its a come as u are day.

Ciaran219 wrote: »

Contact them chuck, I'd say your team leder is delayed maybe.. But as for the dress attire of the day, I'd go in jeans t shirts and clean runners. Its a come as u are day.

Well, I know you guys start Monday. My start dates in Monday two weeks.

Well, I know you guys start Monday. My start dates in Monday two weeks.

Might not be till next week so! You didn't get your contract yet did you?

Might not be till next week so! You didn't get your contract yet did you?

Got that two weeks ago. And the pre- training on the site is long done at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

jmolloy wrote: »

The email says:

"What to wear: Come as you are, we're pretty casual around here"

I take that to mean wear whatever regular clothes you want - just be clean and don't wear a tracksuit.

whirlpool wrote: »
    The email says:"What to wear: Come as you are, we're pretty casual around here"

I take that to mean wear whatever regular clothes you want - just be clean and don't wear a tracksuit.

I wonder would that include rugby jerseys? I feckin live in the things!!!

I wonder would that include rugby jerseys? I feckin live in the things!!!

So you've been to the new office chuck? And got your contract emailed already? Strange hmmm still haven't got mine haha

Does it state anything about praternity in it?

Hi Jmolloy yeah going there tonight and will post a review when i return just planned on wearing everyday attire .. tonga sandals you know that sort of thing

So you've been to the new office chuck? And got your contract emailed already? Strange hmmm still haven't got mine haha

Does it state anything about praternity in it?

Got my contract on October 1st, but haven't been inside the building as yet. Have only driven past it to show the young lad where I'll be working. He thinks its the coolest thing EVER that I'll be working for Sky. So much better than my last job!

They do mention maternity/paternity leave in the contract, but nothing specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

I see they are still advertising some jobs and I am tempted to apply. I have a job at the moment but its part time.
    Can anyone answer a few questions for me?

What are the shifts?
    what is the pay like? Non management position. I know it will depend on the job and your personal experience but a rough guide would be handy. I really dont want to waste mine or their time if the pay is less than i'm on.

Sounds like a good place to work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In your opinion is this going to be common at the start? Seen as they're not going to have all the staff in place.

Or if there is a heavy volume of calls, would they be transferred to Scotland?

In my opinion... I would say yes but honestly there are so many variables i'm guessing!

Call routing etc is all in place, however not something that is going to be discussed here

In my opinion... I would say yes but honestly there are so many variables i'm guessing!

Call routing etc is all in place, however not something that is going to be discussed here

True, true. There are going to be a lot of variables alright. Appreciate your honesty.

Got my contract this morning :) so guaranteed to start now haha.. yeah it mentions maternity is covered alright.. Thinking of taking a spin up with the other half today and check out where ill be working. Is it like opposite or very close to the Burlington Hotel?

Ciaran well done great news it's more or less next to the mespil hotel which is a short walk away from the burlo car park

• Advertisement

anyone else getting the train to lansdowne road train station and walking to the building? from what i can tell its a 24 minute walk? but the earliest morning train gives me 17 minutes to get their??

Hi guys well the meet and greet was excellent experience full of positives we were greeted by various team leaders all wearing badges thank god and signed in then brought up to the top floor in a fabulous new building where the call centre is kitted out with all necessary mod cons. The various heads of departments were there to introduce us to the company snacks and soft drinks provided then an introduction session. Varied mix of people there of all ages different backgrounds which was good and an ideal way to meet your new collagues nice and informal, then you are paired off in to your designated teams and with your team leader you go through more basics prior to starting. If first impressions are anything to go by the sky motto and principle as stated on website is alive and well and about to launched in the all new Dublin flagship which everyone is proud and excited about. So nothing to worry about and a welcome experience. Not all questions that have come up on Boards.ie have answers just yet but things moving at a fast pace so good luck to anyone there tomorrow and then the next batch in two weeks

tripper63 wrote: »
    Hi guys well the meet and greet was excellent experience full of positives we were greeted by various team leaders all wearing badges thank god and signed in then brought up to the top floor in a fabulous new building where the call centre is kitted out with all necessary mod cons. The various heads of departments were there to introduce us to the company snacks and soft drinks provided then an introduction session. Varied mix of people there of all ages different backgrounds which was good and an ideal way to meet your new collagues nice and informal, then you are paired off in to your designated teams and with your team leader you go through more basics prior to starting. If first impressions are anything to go by the sky motto and principle as stated on website is alive and well and about to launched in the all new Dublin flagship which everyone is proud and excited about. So nothing to worry about and a welcome experience. Not all questions that have come up on Boards.ie have answers just yet but things moving at a fast pace so good luck to anyone there tomorrow and then the next batch in two weeks

Thanks for the info mate.. Glad you got on well with it! Seen a few pics of the building today myself looks like a nice place. Can i ask you, did u get the train or drive? Was their much of stand up and introduce yourself? or just a chat among your own team type stuff?

Thanks for that tripper. Looking forward to my one now (whenever it is)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Got my contract today, so the 7th of January will be the big day for me :)

However, I'm experiencing problems logging onto the training site. Keeps telling me my username and password (that they gave me in the email) isn't correct and to check the email. I'll get in touch with them in the morning, but did anyone else experience login issues?

Hi all Jboyle our log on went off today for some reason hant come back on and a few people said the same thing happened to them Ciaran i drove tonight because it was later in future i will be using bus did the train work out for you in the end i checked the bus timetables and for saturday and sunday shifts no buses before 8 o clock so if it a seven o clock start those days that will have to be worked out somehow. As for the attire what ever you normally wear is okay if you want to wear a suit wear a suit. Only thing not allowed are rugby shirts or tops with messages or logo's that could be offensive. jeans and the like acceptable they want everyone to be comfortable. the heating was on in the building and with that many people there got very warm

sorry ciaran there was a little stand up and talk about yourself but introduced in a novel way won't give the suprise away and when you are seperated in to individual teams you are with the 6 people from your team and the team leader has a chat no need to be nervous if i had to stand up in front of 75 people i think i would have died. No anyone that has their start date should look forward to it honestly its all good

Hi all Jboyle our log on went off today for some reason hant come back on and a few people said the same thing happened to them Ciaran i drove tonight because it was later in future i will be using bus did the train work out for you in the end i checked the bus timetables and for saturday and sunday shifts no buses before 8 o clock so if it a seven o clock start those days that will have to be worked out somehow. As for the attire what ever you normally wear is okay if you want to wear a suit wear a suit. Only thing not allowed are rugby shirts or tops with messages or logo's that could be offensive. jeans and the like acceptable they want everyone to be comfortable. the heating was on in the building and with that many people there got very warm

I havent done mine yet, have it tomorrow! Was thinking of getting the train but different places I check says it will take me different times to get their from the train? Is their Parking on site?

I havent done mine yet, have it tomorrow! Was thinking of getting the train but different places I check says it will take me different times to get their from the train? Is their Parking on site?

There's no onsite parking, but there is parking around that area. I think the on street parking charges finish at 19.00.

Alternatively, park at the LUAS park and ride at Sandyford, hop on one, and get off at the Charlemont stop. It's only a five minute walk up the canal from there.

• Advertisement

Lads traffic will be mental getting in there for 6 or whatever time, if you have the option of getting bus/Luas/dart I would, last thing you won't on your first day is the stress of being late due to traffic or parking!

Advertisement