Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Lads traffic will be mental getting in there for 6 or whatever time, if you have the option of getting bus/Luas/dart I would, last thing you won't on your first day is the stress of being late due to traffic or parking!

Thinking of among the dart to grand canal station and walking down the canal and to the office. Take the earlier one and get me in about 30 minutes early so I can make sure I go the right way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

good idea Ciaran just to be safe , when you pass the mespil hotel an immediate left and it's down on your left the first enterance you come to Sky have the top two floors of the building

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j0nny2012

Hi Guys,

My Girlfriend passed her onlie application and had her assesment day on Tuesday for a Sales Advisor posistion. She thinks it went really well and they said she would find out in 48 hours.

She didnt hear anything yesterday and today is the end of the 48 hours?!

Any advice on how long it took them to hear back they had passed this stage?

Cheers

Hi j0nny2012
    the process is a lot quicker than earlier the HR process is working much faster so she should expect a call when they said i suppouse it could do no harm after today to ring HR and simply ask. Tell her good luck hope she gets it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j0nny2012

She has just had a phone call in the last ten minutes advising she has passed and through to the second stage! :) woo.

Thanks Mate

• Advertisement

Jesus spooky some connection that .. well done both of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

tripper63 wrote: »
    Hi all Jboyle our log on went off today for some reason hant come back on and a few people said the same thing happened to them Ciaran i drove tonight because it was later in future i will be using bus did the train work out for you in the end i checked the bus timetables and for saturday and sunday shifts no buses before 8 o clock so if it a seven o clock start those days that will have to be worked out somehow. As for the attire what ever you normally wear is okay if you want to wear a suit wear a suit. Only thing not allowed are rugby shirts or tops with messages or logo's that could be offensive. jeans and the like acceptable they want everyone to be comfortable. the heating was on in the building and with that many people there got very warm

Damn! Only saw this part now. Gonna have to invest in a new wardrobe!

Hey Chuck it's ok you can wear skirts and blouses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

well that was a fairly pleasent evening. regret wearing a red jumper though :-) tbh everyone seemed nice and friendly so looking forward to monday now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuarezLFC

Awri folks

I'm starting 7th January had me assessments and stuff about 3 weeks ago verbally accepted bout 2 weeks ago hopefully get the contract tmro in e mail. Sales advisors role will be the best place to be 😉

• Advertisement

jmolloy wrote: »
    well that was a fairly pleasent evening. regret wearing a red jumper though :-) tbh everyone seemed nice and friendly so looking forward to monday now

Why the regret? Or is that something ill have to wait to find out for myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

SuarezLFC wrote: »
    Awri folks

I'm starting 7th January had me assessments and stuff about 3 weeks ago verbally accepted bout 2 weeks ago hopefully get the contract tmro in e mail. Sales advisors role will be the best place to be 😉

Congrats, got my contract yesterday and starting on the 7th of Jan too. Hopefully you'll get yours soon :)

Just got back from my meet and greet, went well!! Was fairly easy going! Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to.. Anyone who else that has been will understand this! BINGO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuarezLFC

Ye hopefully I do. Wonder wen out meet and greet is seems its around New Years and stuff.

Hey Ciaran two fat ladies??? :cool:

tripper63 wrote: »
    Hey Ciaran two fat ladies??? :cool:

:) were you guys threatened with doing the penguin dance if your late? Who is your trainer tripper? Is your first day Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Hey guys just wondering how long it took people from passing the 2nd assessment to been offered the contract?

Many Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I have an assessment on Thursday looking forward to it was over in the sky studios in may got the full tour of the new building it was savage their unbelievable to work for an the canteen was like a restaurant

Joyce88 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering how long it took people from passing the 2nd assessment to been offered the contract?

Many Thanks.

It varies. I was contacted next day. Someone else was contacted three hours after their assessment.. Someone else several days later.

They're up to their eyes getting everything set up, so don't stress they'll be in touch.

Wils110 wrote: »
    I have an assessment on Thursday looking forward to it was over in the sky studios in may got the full tour of the new building it was savage their unbelievable to work for an the canteen was like a restaurant

I thought that the canteen wasnt going to be ready till xmas time?

• Advertisement

Nah dude I was in the studios in London

From what I've read on t'internet, they do seem to be a good company to work for alright. Who was telling you? And what'd they say?

Use to sell for them use to give iPads and iPods away as incentives I won a trip over to London to the studios VIP tour thing all the staff are chilled to fcuk also use to come into the office do quizzes on product knowledge an give DVDs to winners I have a few :-) really look after their staff

Use to sell for them use to give iPads and iPods away as incentives I won a trip over to London to the studios VIP tour thing all the staff are chilled to fcuk also use to come into the office do quizzes on product knowledge an give DVDs to winners I have a few :-) really look after their staff

Good to hear, heard their was incentives alright. Wasn't expecting iPads etc! Keeps getting better :)

In 5 to 6 months their was 6 iPads loads o cash incentives and for two weeks they had 30 iPods for people to travel down the country were they would pay for your digs

Good to hear things like this wills. Where did you sell for them, if you don't mind my asking.

Knocking doors chuck

Knocking doors chuck

Cool.

Well best of luck with your assessment.

Cheers chuck.......hopefully it ain't a tough 1

• Advertisement

To everyone starting tomorrow, best of luck folks. And I'll see you all in two weeks.

Advertisement