Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

Just realised that it's not slacks and a shirt wear in there.

Can anyone tell me what the girls are wearing on a day today basis so I have an idea of what to buy ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Leggings,jeans anything your comfy in really just no jerseys with crests

Wils110 wrote: »
    Leggings,jeans anything your comfy in really just no jerseys with crests

Perfect , thank you Wils

• Registered Users Posts: 18 constant cravings

Anybody in this week for stage 2 assessment?

Would love some advice :)

Good luck to everyone who has assessments next week :)

Anyone going to the meet and greet Thursday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Hilly Billy

Unsure I would like to work for Murdoch

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clearyben

Shao wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone who has assessments next week :)

Anyone going to the meet and greet Thursday evening?

Hi Shao, I'm in for Thursday evening so guess ill see you then:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

BE WARNED - NOT ALL IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE!!!

I'm in retention since February this year and it has not lived up to my expectations...
    If you like change at short notice then this is the place for you..
    Shifts are rubbish and lately they are changed on a daily basis to "suit business needs".
    Example is been given a days notice to go from early to late or vice versa.
    Management are a joke and still after 3 months they do not know what is a save or not which is how you make commission. This also changes daily...
    They ask you to be flexible, but you get a warning for been late, but if you are stuck on a call for an hour after shift you get no time in lieu etc

In summary, if you like change and poor management then this is the place for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGuy1976

BigFool wrote: »

I'm in retention since February this year and it has not lived up to my expectations...
    Shifts are rubbish and lately they are changed on a daily basis to "suit business needs".
    Management are a joke and still after 3 months they do not know what is a save or not which is how you make commission. This also changes daily...
    They ask you to be flexible, but you get a warning for been late, but if you are stuck on a call for an hour after shift you get no time in lieu etc

In summary, if you like change and poor management then this is the place for you...

I'm in retentions too since February and pretty much agree with everything posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 friendlybee

Have first interview tomorrow...am getting excited and nervous.

Anyone going?

• Advertisement

Just wondering why is there constantly so many jobs seemingly on offer at Sky ? Is this due to high turnover of staff as going by this thread people are regularly starting in new positions .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just wondering why is there constantly so many jobs seemingly on offer at Sky ? Is this due to high turnover of staff as going by this thread people are regularly starting in new positions .

Nope, because its a start up call centre. Its gradually ramping up staffing levels at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Anyone currently working at Sky, have you applied for/gotten the tax saver ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Anyone currently working at Sky, have you applied for/gotten the tax saver ticket?

One of my teammates got theirs last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Have mine since end of march

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

BigFool wrote: »

Thank God I decided not to take it, ho much commission do you make?

Having gotten through round 1 assessment, and due to have stage two, received a call this week confirming my attendance at the stage two and all, but just been called to say all part time positions are now full so they won't be recruiting any further ones but will put my name on list for if any further part time ones comes up.

Absolutely gutted, really am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Having gotten through round 1 assessment, and due to have stage two, received a call this week confirming my attendance at the stage two and all, but just been called to say all part time positions are now full so they won't be recruiting any further ones but will put my name on list for if any further part time ones comes up.

Absolutely gutted, really am

I'm sure similar ones will come up something like that happened to me I had my 2 assessments for Sales Advisor They emailed me to say I wasn't successful but to apply for service. When I did this they offered me a position for the next round of part-timers so keep applying.

A friend of mine was only at a 1st stage interview for service today so surely they are still recruiting?? Was it Sales you went for?

No it was Service Advisor - Part Time

They still have full time positions available, it was PT I had applied for and gotten through stage 1, they said I can still go ahead stage 2 for full time if i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

No it was Service Advisor - Part Time

They still have full time positions available, it was PT I had applied for and gotten through stage 1, they said I can still go ahead stage 2 for full time if i wanted.

Ah thats a pity my poor mate obviously wont get a 2nd interview either. I'm sure you'll hear something from them in the next few weeks as the are always taking on people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

Thank God I decided not to take it, ho much commission do you make?

Commission not set in stone yet - it is based on saves, conversion rates and Cstat feedback from customers. On average probably looking between 200-300 Per Month

Had interview in 1st round for part time position today and got voice mail this evening advising that part time positions on hold and if I wanted full time position to advise them.

I would prefer part time over full time but will ring tomorrow to find out how long it'll be till part time position becomes available.

Am wondering why this sudden change...is the call centre struggling??

I dont think it would be a struggling thing, I think it would be moreso a case that from a cost per head point of view if they can now get full time people in as opposed to part time then the recruitment and on-boarding costs will be lower. So from a business point of view instead of 2 sets of benefits and costs etc they only have the one - Also it could be moeso scheduling / resource management as instead of recruiting more part time people to cover evening shifts you may find that the full time shifts are ow different to maximise the workforce

Eg if they had intended to take people on to cover 6-11 instead, the may now adjust the full time shifts ot be 3-11 if they have found that their call flow profile is showing they are quiet day times - meaning no point having loads of people in.

but i could be totally wrong ! When I queried re the part time they said that should any part time positions become available in the future those who were successful at stage one would be kept in a priority list and then contact and they could return to the process for stage two as originally intended.

I dont think it would be a struggling thing, I think it would be moreso a case that from a cost per head point of view if they can now get full time people in as opposed to part time then the recruitment and on-boarding costs will be lower. So from a business point of view instead of 2 sets of benefits and costs etc they only have the one - Also it could be moeso scheduling / resource management as instead of recruiting more part time people to cover evening shifts you may find that the full time shifts are ow different to maximise the workforce

Eg if they had intended to take people on to cover 6-11 instead, the may now adjust the full time shifts ot be 3-11 if they have found that their call flow profile is showing they are quiet day times - meaning no point having loads of people in.

but i could be totally wrong ! When I queried re the part time they said that should any part time positions become available in the future those who were successful at stage one would be kept in a priority list and then contact and they could return to the process for stage two as originally intended.

Yea you could be right there.....so are you on the list for part time? I do wonder how long that would be....

Well Im going to go for the assessment as I genuinely really want the job, although ideally PT would have suited better for me - it would mean if I do get the full time role then I will just need to re-arrange a good bit of stuff I do.

Well Im going to go for the assessment as I genuinely really want the job, although ideally PT would have suited better for me - it would mean if I do get the full time role then I will just need to re-arrange a good bit of stuff I do.

Yes I understand...I will have to think long and hard about this....

Think of it this way.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by saying you would like to be considered for the full time role and then going on for the stage 2 assessment, nothing at all :)

Think of it this way.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by saying you would like to be considered for the full time role and then going on for the stage 2 assessment, nothing at all :)

True I would consider it.....still part time not guaranteed in the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of the user>

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    <removed on request of the user>

Why do you think a reshuffle or in what gives you that feel?

Im kinda thinking what if I do go for full time & get it but then it all changes a few weeks in.

Overall do you find them a good employer?

also ....does anyone have info on the incentives / targets etc for the service role or what potential there is for earning with them?

Thanks so much
    CC

Advertisement