Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been approached by a prostitute in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Had a similar experience in Germany once. Went into Cologne to an Irish bar to watch a match. There was a stunner at the bar that I got chatting to who seemed to find all my jokes very funny....

That was a blow to the ego. :(

lol
    I was in the Canaries when I was 19/20 ma and my mate were walking back to the apartment after a night out, then a stunner start talking to me then start pulling me in and mauling me.

I thought I must be smoking hot and this one fancied me bigtime, but my mate burst my bubble, by simply asking how much:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I was walking along a certain stretch of the Grand Canal in Dublin and was approached.

Also two guys offered me two girls, who were very nice looking indeed, in a Swords pub once. Though technically i was approached by the pimps in that case, or a gang intending to rob me......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

To be honest I don't think I've ever even seen one let alone be approached.

Oh, I did see them behind windows in Amsterdam.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

a-k-47 wrote: »
    What makes you think they were brazzers? do you actually know what a brazzer does, clown. Sound more like a girl looking for a smoke and junkie taking a dump!.

Yes I am quite aware what brazzers do. This was in arbour hill.

Edit - and you aware some junkies are brazzers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dante

A few times out by Leeson Street, the large majority of them have a serious lack of teeth which isn't very appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lived on Foley Street (Aka Monto) for a year, I think I only saw one and was never propositioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

44leto wrote: »
    lol
    I was in the Canaries when I was 19/20 ma and my mate were walking back to the apartment after a night out, then a stunner start talking to me then start pulling me in and mauling me.

I thought I must be smoking hot and this one fancied me bigtime, but my mate burst my bubble, by simply asking how much:(:(

Your mate is a hooker WTF

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I was talking to a girl at the bar the other night and asked her: 'how long before you have sex with a man?'

She said: 'That's my business!'

Me: 'Oh, you're a professional...?' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

got approached by one in college road in cork 2 nite:(:( this ever happen to any one else before? tawt it was a bit unusaul as all that would be up there is college students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

got approached by one in college road in cork 2 nite:(:( this ever happen to any one else before? tawt it was a bit unusaul as all that would be up there is college students

What happened that you had to go home, research it on the Internet and find a year old thread on the subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

It's one thing I'm happy not to have come across in Ireland.

That said, there was one incident a few years back, when I was in Carlow IT. We were at one of the typical student house parties near the end of term. You know how it goes when a lot more people arrive than planned, but it's past the stage of objecting to it.

There was one woman gatecrashing and obviously out of place - older, but fairly racy outfit - but I didn't pay too much attention at first. First saw her in the kitchen, and she disappeared out of sight, reappeared, disappeared, and this went on for a while. Wouldn't have noticed, but the gf at the time was there and mentioned it.

I remember her coming back to the kitchen and another girl asking her if she was in the college, then some sketchy story about being a mature student, but she couldn't string a few basic facts together. She laughed it off and went off again.

Anyway, she left around 4 or 5 in the morning, only for it to turn out she'd brought 6 or 7 of the lads upstairs at 50-70 a pop. Crafty hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Thats gas. I live really close to there and never heard anything. There used to be a brothel across the road from the garda station close by but thats gone now (so i heard).

Shur they're closing Garda Stations all over the country now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Eamon Gilmore asked for my vote , does that count?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When I was staying in a hotel in New York I met a pimp in the elevator. He kept trying to sell his warez to me and said:

Pimp: "You looking for a good time? My girls, man, they be all like..............where you from, son?"

Me: "Ireland?"

Pimp: "My girls.............they'll suck yo' dick so damn fine that yo' daddy back home in Ireland is gonna jump up and be all like.............DAAAYY-UUUMM, ma' boy is gittin a hell of a blowjob, man!!.................shiiiiiiiieeeeeet, son, you wanna good time I'll take care of ya!"

I politely declined and started noticing manky women around the hallways of the hotel that day before the cops came and chased the pimp and his "bitches" away. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I was working in a small village pub that had holiday homes across the way from it. Always quiet apart from a few old fogies but all of a sudden things started looking up when these two stunners came in for drinks on several occasions. Got chatting to them, extremely nice girls and well spoken. They said were on holidays and were staying across the road. Every now an again one would get a phone call leave and not come back, so I thought nothing of it. Then suddenly they stopped coming in so I assumed they went home.

Cue the next Sunday, The Sunday World front page with a picture of the holiday homes, a picture of one of the girls and a big story about a vice den being broken up and prostitution stories galore complete with picture of the pub.

(a) I was ragin it never dawned on me they were prossies, I coulda downed a few JD's and got the courage up to make enquiries
    (b) That Sunday I was also ragin as the pub was hoppin with fúcking rubberneckers who never frequented the place before but decided if they looked out the window across the road at the holiday homes they might see something even though the paper said they were long gone.

Anyway OP, approached by a prostitute? Yes, yes I was. About 17 times but only for them to ask for a gin and tonic and a slice of lemon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

About three years ago I saw a hooker on Christmas Eve, standing on Shop Street in Galway, in the middle of the day (it was 2pmish).

She was an 'aul slag, grey hair, fishnets, knee high boots, big knacker earrings, ott makeup and standing in that typical 'hooker' pose, smoking a fag.:rolleyes:

There were people out shopping with their kids for christ's sake! It wasn't long before two Gardaì were over talking to her... for business or to arrest her I'll never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Vandy West wrote: »
    maybe she wanted a euro for a cart

A cart? I guess you mean a trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I was walking home from work at about half 6 one evening about 2 months ago and was on North Circular Road, in between Phibsboro and Stoneybatter, when a good lookin girl in jeans and a denim jacket came walking by me. She stopped and asked me in a skanger accent if I had a euro for credit.

I gave her a euro and she asked me if I was "up for any sexual business". I laughed and said no thanks and walked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I love the way that anyone here who has been approached says that they said no to the offer of some business...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I love the way that anyone here who has been approached says that they said no to the offer of some business...

Strange thing to love. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Strange thing to love. Why?

Because it is as predictable as the Sun saying their investigative journalist 'made their excuses and left'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Never happened to me.

Ladies of the night take one look at me and think, "There is a man who does not need our services at all."

Or else, "There is a man who's too broke to even hassle."

One or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Because it is as predictable as the Sun saying their investigative journalist 'made their excuses and left'.

So you think everyone had sex with the prostitute that approached them?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

No, but I've been approached by "punters" a couple of times. The irony being, I am as normaul and un-prostitute looking as you could imagine!

Having said that, it's only ever happened to me in the States, not in Ireland, so I'm in the wrong thread really....

Anyway, when I moved overt there first, I used to walk everywhere, cos that's what we do in Ireland right? (well, I did anyway - poor student).

So I must have looked like I was kerb crawling. I had one guy ask me did I want to party, another drove beside me for about 10 blocks before I shouted at him to f#ck off and another tried to pick me up at a bus stop.

I started taking taxis everywhere after that. I have come to the conclusion that this is why Americans are fat. They can't walk anywhere because other people will think they are a prostitute....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I was in a club in town(Carlow) on night about 5 or 6 years ago and got chatting to this really fit girl out in the smoking area. She said that her and her friend were new in town and didn't really know many people.

She asked if they could join me and my friends for a drink inside and i said sure why not. After a couple of hours we decided we'd head off to a party. Things got a bit hot and heavy in the taxi and she suggested that we let the rest of them go to the party and we could go back to my place.

So after the rest of them got out, we set off to my house. As we were going down the main street she asked me if i had cash on me or would i need to stop off at an ATM. I said i had enough money on me to cover the taxi. She laughed and said it would cost me €200 for the night or €50 for a blowjob.

It took a few seconds for me to cop on before i asked the driver to stop and i got out and walked the rest of the way home.

So did you get out and walk so the taxi would not cost as much and thus the blowjob would be affordable?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Only once. I was over in Manchester a year and a half ago. We were coming back from a night out and got a taxi back to Piccadilly station. We got dropped off behind the station in a rough enough place. Some 'junkie' came up to us and asked us would we like to get serviced. I was absolutely blocked so I don't think I really understood what was happening, but all I wanted at that stage was a ham and cheese sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lived around Arbour Hill area for a few years and there were some regular hoorbags doing the rounds around there, you couldn't pay me enough to get with one of them. Filthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

This should be moved to 'Bargain Alerts'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I have actually. This was about 7 or 8 years ago now. I was working in a city centre pub, had finished for the night and had stopped on Baggot street for a kebab. There was this late night stand/shack that would sell kebab's until about 5 or 6 in the morning. Was grabbing a kebab and chips and went up by Pembroke street/Fitzwilliam park (if that's the name of it) and this woman was there all dressed up. She asked me for a chip. I gave her the rest of the bag as I had the kebab and I didn't really want them anymore.

She was happy out once she had the chips.

Advertisement