Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been approached by a prostitute in Ireland?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

2 experiences in the area

Leaving a nightclub in China they was a queue of them lined up outside the nightclub. thats the only time im seem them that working in groups

The other story shows how innocent i was at the time

When in was 15 i was working as a paperboy called up to a house to collect the money that was owed. Ladies in her mid 20's answers the door open dressing gown and only underwear underneath. Informed her i was collecting double money as the next collection was due during the xmas period. She gives me the money as i turn out to leave she asks what i would like as my xmas tip. I jokingly said a bottle of Vodka. She disappears and comes back with a bottle and hands it to me. I put it in my bag and off i want. Did not think anymore about it. Left the job the following summer and went out for a pint with my boss and he asked me wat was the oddest things that happened to me while doing the job.
    So i told him the story about that day and what happened, He burst himself laughing. I asked why he replied your some tool that place was a brottle.
    I was shocked did not know what to say to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

So you think everyone had sex with the prostitute that approached them?

Where did I say that?
    And where is your sense of humour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

Does canvassing by FF politicians count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I love the way that anyone here who has been approached says that they said no to the offer of some business...

If ya saw the 'aul skanger I met you'd run the other way too... half of them are ugly... Plus you'd have to be really desperate to pay for sex anyways....

I'm not exactly a smooth talker but I'd much prefer to go to a club and chat someone up first. Once I get over the first hurdle of actually starting a conversation then I'm good to go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Travel a bit with work and stay in fairly decent hotels and you always see them
    hanging around in the lobby looking for any customers, some especially in Italy
    and they seem to do fairly decent business.

You get propositioned the odd time but they soon realise that you're there but
    someone else is paying (the company!!) as I'm not being paid enough to be able
    to afford to stay somewhere like that :o

Was in the bar one evening and was there from about 7pm and ended up staying
    there for what must have been 5 hours between food and some drinks.

One girl must have disappeared about 3 times and come back again. I joked
    about it and one of the guys with me told me that in that time she probably
    earned €1200+ in those 3 visits.. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

I was approached by two women in a supermarket carpark in Dublin. While I was banging one on the backseat the other stole all the change out of the ash tray. Happened last tuesday, wednesday and twice on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

scheister wrote: »
    2 experiences in the area

Leaving a nightclub in China they was a queue of them lined up outside the nightclub. thats the only time im seem them that working in groups

The other story shows how innocent i was at the time

When in was 15 i was working as a paperboy called up to a house to collect the money that was owed. Ladies in her mid 20's answers the door open dressing gown and only underwear underneath. Informed her i was collecting double money as the next collection was due during the xmas period. She gives me the money as i turn out to leave she asks what i would like as my xmas tip. I jokingly said a bottle of Vodka. She disappears and comes back with a bottle and hands it to me. I put it in my bag and off i want. Did not think anymore about it. Left the job the following summer and went out for a pint with my boss and he asked me wat was the oddest things that happened to me while doing the job.
    So i told him the story about that day and what happened, He burst himself laughing. I asked why he replied your some tool that place was a brottle.

So as your tip you got a brottle of Vodka? Decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Flaker wrote: »
    No, but I've been approached by "punters" a couple of times. The irony being, I am as normaul and un-prostitute looking as you could imagine!

Having said that, it's only ever happened to me in the States, not in Ireland, so I'm in the wrong thread really....

Anyway, when I moved overt there first, I used to walk everywhere, cos that's what we do in Ireland right? (well, I did anyway - poor student).

So I must have looked like I was kerb crawling. I had one guy ask me did I want to party, another drove beside me for about 10 blocks before I shouted at him to f#ck off and another tried to pick me up at a bus stop.

I started taking taxis everywhere after that. I have come to the conclusion that this is why Americans are fat. They can't walk anywhere because other people will think they are a prostitute....

Haha, same happened to me on j1 trips, in both NJ & California. Absolutely skint so would walk everywhere and with the blazing heat I'd naturally be wearing shorts & a small top, apparently means you're open for business.

Always middle aged business men, probably married. Same thing would happen to a few friends too. Could have made a fortune if it wasn't for my damn morals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Where did I say that?
    And where is your sense of humour?

Hard to pick up on it in text, you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

I did once when I was in Boston. She was actually all right looking.i didn't accept her invitation. I had heard a few days later that the cops hired her and some dude got a huge fine. Now on another day that could have been me.....I was lucky I guess :-)

• Advertisement

I have.

I was meeting up with someone from Adverts.ie so was waiting on Victoria Quay across from the Guinness entrance. A woman with an English accent came up to me and asked me if I knew where she could hitch a lift to Navan. After answering that question she then asked me (like the OP) if I wanted to "do business" with her. She said she was "clean and has condoms". I just told her I was waiting for someone and off she went.

When the guy from Adverts arrived I told him, he said it's rampant out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

One evening ages ago, while we were working around the city centre, a lady of the night approached the lorry driver I was helping and said to him "£20 boss" and gave him a quick peep at her wares.

She looked fairly fine to me but the lorry driver said to her "No thanks, I can get it at home off the missus if I want it".

Then again I was fairly young, so anything at all would have looked fairly fine to me back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Used to walk passed Fitzwilliam Square on my way home from school, back in the day. The ladies who did the early shift offered all sorts of introductory offers as I passed by. They soon realised that students had no money and just gave me a (free) smile and a wink as I walked by. Mostly very nice ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

amacachi wrote: »
    Which Lidl?

the one that has seen a huge increase in business since this thread was opened :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Used to walk by gaggles of them walking home through pper baggot street. Mostly smackheads and travellers. Seen well dressed lads stumble out of searsons and the like copping off with them occasionally. Rather you than me, buddy.

One of my mates works for ibm and he had to go over to brno in czech republic for a while. So we decided to go over and hang out with him in Prague for a weekend. Went to this mad place. Had to show id, sign papers and pay a couple hundred czk to get in. You went in, had a drink and the girls started flirting and making conversation. After a while, they bring you in the back and ride your brains out - free of charge. The catch being - its broadcast live via the internet to paid subscribers!

Didnt avail of the services myself, as was in a relationship at the time. Shoulda but, bitch was cheating on me! Very weird place, was freaked out in there. The security were like bond villans and probably just as tooled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

loads of times I used to live off haddington road and there would always be a couple around there. there was even a one with a sort of D4 accent "Are ye looking for business?".

one night one of them asked me and I said "no I'm just going home." she replied " ah go on its freezin!"

this is always at night. but one summers day one of the regular ones was down there touting for business she obviously reallly needed the money it was sad because she looked so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

After a while, they bring you in the back and ride your brains out - free of charge. The catch being - its broadcast live via the internet to paid subscribers!

Best business idea ever! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Best business idea ever! :pac:

You get a dvd of yourself in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

retalivity wrote: »
    i used to work in Anabels in dublin when I was in college, and walked home most night after work towards grand canal dock.

Used to get stopped all the time around baggot bridge, the mespil. weirded me out at first and felt i was gonna get robbed, but after a while i used to take the piss out of them bargaining to see how low they'd go.

think it was 40quid i got her down to for a go before i took off laughing

I used to live just off Mespil Rd, and there is a cutthrough to the flats that goes between Bank of Ireland and one of the houses. There's a few bushes there.

I used to get off work at 3am and walking home that way through the cut-through it was not uncommon to see a pale Irish arse and some wan on her knees.

Conversation was usually:

Me: Oh Jeez, sorry!
    Her: Mmmmphhhhh...ah yer alright! Fancy one next?
    Me: Nah, grand. Night.

The condom count on the ground the next morning was always interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

scheister wrote: »

what am i missing here? why on earth would a prostitute give you a bottle of vodka when you were collecting money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

Katgurl wrote: »
    what am i missing here? why on earth would a prostitute give you a bottle of vodka when you were collecting money?

I was a paperboy delivering the papers everyday so the bottle of vodka was a tip as it was xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

44leto wrote: »
    A few times

About 3 months ago on OConnell street I was offered a BJ for the printably sum of "15" euro, I kind of went "HUH".
    Yeah down the alley there (just next to the Abbey Theatre) then I became instantly suspicious.

She wasn't a bad looking girl, not that, that was a concern for a "15"euro BJ, while still a bit tipsy. But I kind of thought what a perfect way to mug someone, down a dark alley way, some accomplishes waiting, my dick out and a knife in my back. So I said no thanks and walked off towards the taxi rank.

If it happened wouldn't have even reported it.
    I wsa propositioned by a prostitute just before Christmas while I was coming out of the Subway on O'Connell Street [insert foot long joke here] which is just round the corner from Abbey Street. I wonder if it was the same woman.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I used to often see a lady in a black duffle or faux fur coat around Fitzwilliam Square.. I'd go by there on my way home when I lived in the Rathmines area..

She looked middle aged.. 'heavy set'.. you'd often see off duty taxis mooching around the area also.

Also down around the Baggot St bridge area there'd be a few if you were out late enough of a weekend night.

That was going back a few years now though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I've only been in Ireland for a year or so now; but I've been very confused about prostitution.

I thought it was legal here (could have sworn I saw it on Wikipedia). But my Irish coworkers all told me I was completely wrong and that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

UCDVet wrote: »
    I've only been in Ireland for a year or so now; but I've been very confused about prostitution.

I thought it was legal here (could have sworn I saw it on Wikipedia). But my Irish coworkers all told me I was completely wrong and that it is.

It (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal, but public solicitation / running a brothel / pimping etc is illegal.

Advertisement