Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been approached by a prostitute in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I had one askin me for €3.50, turns out it was that damn Loch Ness Monster in drag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

lego = in bits I like that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A prostitute in Waterford tried to pimp out one of my classmates in 4th year, in the middle of Red Square at lunchtime.

Any Waterford Boardsies will know the mad hoor I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

A euro? Sounds about right for Dundalk women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Nobody's said your ma yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

smash wrote: »
    Nobody's said your ma yet?

Because we are to polite, The OPs mother made her own choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wouldn't it be funny if she was just coming on to you and wasn't a prostitute at all :D

lol.. the worst thing is that I'm just about socially inept enough for that to be the case =(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Simi wrote: »
    I'm sure it was a prostitute, but it also could have been someone trying to sell you drugs?

Anyway yes, there was a brothel above a shop I used to work in years ago. They used to buy sweeties from me. :D Oh & phone credit, always with the phone credit.

Did they ask what you had that would take away the taste of festering knob?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I was in a club in town(Carlow) on night about 5 or 6 years ago and got chatting to this really fit girl out in the smoking area. She said that her and her friend were new in town and didn't really know many people.

She asked if they could join me and my friends for a drink inside and i said sure why not. After a couple of hours we decided we'd head off to a party. Things got a bit hot and heavy in the taxi and she suggested that we let the rest of them go to the party and we could go back to my place.

So after the rest of them got out, we set off to my house. As we were going down the main street she asked me if i had cash on me or would i need to stop off at an ATM. I said i had enough money on me to cover the taxi. She laughed and said it would cost me €200 for the night or €50 for a blowjob.

It took a few seconds for me to cop on before i asked the driver to stop and i got out and walked the rest of the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Wise man OP for driving away

Wasn't there a lot of Limerick men who got named and shamed after being stung by an undercover garda.

Gotta be careful

Haha after reading this thread that story popped into my head. Sounds like a good oul fashioned sting if you ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Snowie wrote: »
    lego = in bits I like that :cool:

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

She probably wanted change for a trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Loads of times in the UK - around Soho, when I lived there in the 90's but no, never in Ireland.

Although one said "Hello" to me and smiled as I was walking along the Canal, near the Mespil, as I was heading home from he RDS one night - guess that was an 'approach' of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Yeah, years ago on Blackhall place. Some junkie stepped out of a doorway and asked if I wanted to do business. My honest reaction was, you look like a junkie, I'm not sure you'd be trustworthy in any sort of business relationship. Just said no and kept walking. Took me a good 30 seconds to figure it out:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I was propositioned by a brazzer on christmas eve one year.

€30 for a blowie with no johnnie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was in Dundalk earlier and on my way out of a Lidl car-park a girl tapped on the window.. I unlocked the door and she asked for a euro. Now she did not look like a junkie or scumbag in any way whatsoever, she was actually quite respectable and nice looking, so it was odd that she would ask for €1 like =/

Anywho, I had no change on me at the time and told her that I couldn't help her out. Then she asked if I wanted to "do business".. Shocked I was.. this happened in broad daylight in a very busy area. I just said no thanks and drove off. Am I naive to think that this was in any way out of the ordinary?

Maybe I completely misunderstood what she meant.. perhaps she wanted me to go on Dragon's Den with her.

Has anyone else had a similar type of experience here?

I'd be lying if I said that part of me didn't regret saying no :pac:

You should send it into Paul Connolly on TV3. He will add it to his next documentary on prostitutes

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

something similar happened to me one day, being a young bucko just moved up to Dublin I looked the lady straight in the face and said "...but I'm not selling anything?"
    And then the realisation hit me, a prostitute was looking down on me for being stupid. Oh the horror, I still think of the rotten yoke (& she was utter filth, a few teeth missing and a face only a surgeon would love to work on) every time I drive down the quay around Smithfield
    starch4ser wrote: »
    I was propositioned around there a few years back. Dirty aids infested chronic junkie. Looked like she only had hours to live.

I used to live in that area and used to see a woman fitting that description walking around looking for business the odd time. Queen Street area, just off Benburb Street which used to be well known for prostitutes in pre internet and luas days. Only time I've ever seen a streetwalker in Ireland.
    44leto wrote: »
    A few times

About 3 months ago on OConnell street I was offered a BJ for the printably sum of "15" euro, I kind of went "HUH".
    Yeah down the alley there (just next to the Abbey Theatre) then I became instantly suspicious.

She wasn't a bad looking girl, not that, that was a concern for a "15"euro BJ, while still a bit tipsy. But I kind of thought what a perfect way to mug someone, down a dark alley way, some accomplishes waiting, my dick out and a knife in my back. So I said no thanks and walked off towards the taxi rank.

If it happened wouldn't have even reported it.

This the alley next to Wynns Hotel, on Abbey Street, just off O'Connell St? Think its called Harbour Court? Anyways it's a notorious black spot for muggings, friend of mine was stabbed there a few years ago when he refused to hand over his wallet/phone. You definitely made the right decision there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Maybe she was some sort of Ryanair hooker

ONLY €1 A RIDE!!*

*Condoms €20 extra. Not robbing you €30 extra. Touching any part of my body except vagina €50 extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

goose2005 wrote: »
    Maybe she was some sort of Ryanair hooker

ONLY €1 A RIDE!!*

*Condoms €20 extra. Not robbing you €30 extra. Touching any part of my body except vagina €50 extra.

Doesnt that constitute robbing you?

I used to live in that area and used to see a woman fitting that description walking around looking for business the odd time. Queen Street area, just off Benburb Street which used to be well known for prostitutes in pre internet and luas days. Only time I've ever seen a streetwalker in Ireland.

This the alley next to Wynns Hotel, on Abbey Street, just off O'Connell St? Think its called Harbour Court? Anyways it's a notorious black spot for muggings, friend of mine was stabbed there a few years ago when he refused to hand over his wallet/phone. You definitely made the right decision there.

That was the place, sorry about your mate,,but LOL its nice to hear I made the right decision. It seems the perfect mugging, very few would report the circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a regular thing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I've possibly had it happen twice, but didn't realise either time and I'm still not sure to this day.

Once was when I came home from work, gloating to the missus at the time about how she was lucky to have me. A lovely looking Eastern European lady had approached me at the bus stop, offered me a drink from a backpack she was carrying, then suggested we go hang out at her brother's house, in a very wink-wink, nudge-nudge manner. But, being the good, trustworthy boyfriend that I was, I declined! Unfortunately she was less than impressed, barely looking up as she said "I'm sorry to burst your bubble but she sounds like an actual prostitute." Then it clicked that she probably was, the pieces fit. Damn.

Another time I was on holidays and a beautiful blonde caught my eye getting off the plane. I saw her again later as we were dropped off together in the apartment block. Just her and her female friend, nice one. The first night the in-house entertainment attempted to get her up to sing. She was shy, so I volunteered to do it in her place. Now I'm a decent enough singer so ended up scoring major brownie points when everyone started cheering and whatnot. This was going well.

We exchanged pleasantries a few times, but this gal was top quality and at the time I wouldn't have had the balls to even approach her about taking it further. She'd do the same thing every night, surface in the apartment bar in the evening for a few drinks then head out with her friend (as we did too). But we'd never see her come back after nights (there was a 24-hour bar so some nights we'd head back there for a 3-hour nightcap) so she must have stayed out late.

Eventually one night, when her friend left her on her own for a few minutes, I plucked up the courage to ask her out the following night. She agreed. Result! Then her friend came back and said they had better leave.

On cloud nine I was, til the next morning a friend of ours from the apartment called in to say "you asked her out?? And she said yes?! To YOU??" Then he dropped a bomb, saying that word had spread the night before that she was there 'on business'. In fact, another lad (who was over with his missus) had apparently been propositioned by her and snuck off on the missus with her one night.

I still don't fully believe the story, it doesn't add up. Like she knew I was into her so why wouldn't she just straight up chase me for the sake of getting a 'sale'? Especially if she'd already agreed to go out with me (before anyone says "she prob thought ya were too rotten even for money mate!"). But the damage was done. The entire apartment was saying this by now, there were plenty of other gals to chase and I didn't want that question mark hanging over me. I'd like to still think it was just vicious rumours, a jealous reaction to me getting in there, so I can technically count it as a win. But we'll never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i used to work in Anabels in dublin when I was in college, and walked home most night after work towards grand canal dock.

Used to get stopped all the time around baggot bridge, the mespil. weirded me out at first and felt i was gonna get robbed, but after a while i used to take the piss out of them bargaining to see how low they'd go.

think it was 40quid i got her down to for a go before i took off laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I was on Skype to a friend of mine from San Francisco there now and was telling him about this. He maintains that it's a common enough practice, even for people who would never be considered as hookers.

According to him; a lot of students do this just to get by =/

I'm sceptical about this myself

When I was in Vegas I was warned if a beautiful woman approaches you for a chat she is a hooker. Anyway it never happened:(:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

No... but I bet I would be if I ventured there. Only place was in london she was clearly younger yet I was more intimidated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dean09 wrote: »
    Only 1 euro??!!!

So that would either be a Euro Burger or else a "Furry" Burger.

Decisions decisions???:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

used to happen to me all the time in my hometown of Glasgow.. they were always obvious junkies so i was never tempted, i was even approached in broad daylight one day by a lady in crutches.. i asked her what had happened and she told she was in danger of losing her leg through injecting heroin.. yet here she was still up town trying to sell her hole for cash, sad really :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

retalivity wrote: »
    i used to work in Anabels in dublin when I was in college, and walked home most night after work towards grand canal dock.

Used to get stopped all the time around baggot bridge, the mespil. weirded me out at first and felt i was gonna get robbed, but after a while i used to take the piss out of them bargaining to see how low they'd go.

think it was 40quid i got her down to for a go before i took off laughing

I remember going to a work function back in '03 in the Burlington and either parked my car in Burlington Rd or Waterloo road and walking back this Yoke approached me asking did I want any company? She definitely was a Dub but looked more like 30's single mummy type than a junkie, but she was definitely either high or pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'd say it's tough for hookers in Galway when there's so many Galway girls offering it for free.

Only hooker situation I had was in Holland. An 18 year Aruban girl, she didn't ask me out right or anything. Was just very friendly and said she was really lonely and didn't want to go home alone again. I was single and all, just don't think I'd ever use a hooker. Unless I'm single in my 50's and 60's then it's party time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Whilst living in Spain I lived really close to the main area where all the good bars were in the city I was living in, which was great because I could walk there and meet all my friends. What wasn't so great was that in between my house and the bars was the spot where all the hookers hung out!

I used to get it all the time walking home drunk. I'd keep my earphones in my pocket for the walk home so I could put my earphones in and ignore them.

One night whilst particularly drunk I was walking past them and one approached me. I just stuck in my earphones and kept walking. But she followed me a bit up the road saying "Guapo guapo!!" (handsome).

I put the music on full blast and didn't turn around... just kept walking.

I get to my apartment building, open the front door, and this hooker had not only followed me all the way home but started pushing the door in trying to pursuade me to give her "Business".

I got her to **** off but after I got in the lift she got inside the lobby somehow, saw which floor I went to and came knocking on my door, only after banging down the door of the poor lady across the way!

The next day i'm fielding calls from my landlady AND questions from my neighbours and my female housemates as to why I had "brought home a crazy hooker!". Even my male housemate was angry at me... but only because a hooker turned up and he wasn't home to "welcome" her :pac:

Advertisement