Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been approached by a prostitute in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Are ya lookin for bizzzzzzzness.....

Yes I've been approached a few times and the stories will have to wait for the statute of limitations to elapse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I was in Dundalk earlier and on my way out of a Lidl car-park a girl tapped on the window.. I unlocked the door and she asked for a euro. Now she did not look like a junkie or scumbag in any way whatsoever, she was actually quite respectable and nice looking, so it was odd that she would ask for €1 like =/

maybe she needed €1 for the trolley :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

all the time, though I don't think they know they're prostitutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

talkinyite wrote: »
    all the time, though I don't think they know they're prostitutes

indeed, ill never forget the time i seen several of them behind burger king at baggot street, shooting up while the others do their make up....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Never been approached by a woman but on Saturday night in Dublin I was approached by a fella on o Connell. I pulled in at the side of the road down near the Parnell street end while a mate jumped out to the atm. This little fella in a see through vest and denim cut off shorts floats up to the window and asks if I'm looking to party. I'd never ever seen male prostitutes in Ireland before. Let alone be approached by them. Needless to say my mate seen it and I've been getting nothing but jokes posted on my Facebook since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

leggo wrote: »
    Once was when I came home from work, gloating to the missus at the time about how she was lucky to have me. A lovely looking Eastern European lady had approached me at the bus stop, offered me a drink from a backpack she was carrying

I had pizza. She offered me a beer. I don't drink. I offered her a slice of pizza. She declined.

197975.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Never been approached by a woman but on Saturday night in Dublin I was approached by a fella on o Connell. I pulled in at the side of the road down near the Parnell street end while a mate jumped out to the atm. This little fella in a see through vest and denim cut off shorts floats up to the window and asks if I'm looking to party. I'd never ever seen male prostitutes in Ireland before. Let alone be approached by them. Needless to say my mate seen it and I've been getting nothing but jokes posted on my Facebook since.

But did you "party" with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

In Ireland once, in a pub in Dublin city centre. There was a pair of them in trying to drum up some business.

Abroad, plenty of times. Had the 'honour' of living in a hotspot in Paris for quite a while so basically any evening coming home after about 7pm you'd have to walk the gauntlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    I took my dog for a walk on the beach earlier today and was quite surprised by youthful topless sunbathers in the lee of a mighty cliff. Shocked I was, all I wanted was to exercise Fizz and maybe scour out some cockles for a quick snack, but there I was left glancing sidelong at glistening boobs.

No particular relation to the thread, but I thought I would share.

Which beach would this be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭blackwhite

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I remember going to a work function back in '03 in the Burlington and either parked my car in Burlington Rd or Waterloo road and walking back this Yoke approached me asking did I want any company? She definitely was a Dub but looked more like 30's single mummy type than a junkie, but she was definitely either high or pissed.

Used to live around in an apartment on Burlington Rd, and there'd be hookers on the road most nights. Dirty, skanky yokes one and all.
    Was never sure which was worse, walking home and getting propositioned by them, or walking home and seeing some lonely auld lad in a car waiting for one to show up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

amacachi wrote: »
    Which Lidl?
    Cant get into the car park now, its so busy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Bertie asked for my vote, does that count?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Probably just a hooker having a sale or something. You'd pay the euro this week and watch the price would rocket up to the standard 40quid by next week.
    They really do have you by the balls in this country.

speaking from experience are we?

Sounds like you know the price ranges...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I felt a prostitutes tit in Spain. I asked her for a teaser! Pay for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Suas11 wrote: »
    Which beach would this be?
    :cool:

Galwegians will probably have a good idea of where I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Paparazzo wrote: »

But did you "party" with him?

Was more a massacre than a party. I wrecked him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

He so regrets not digging a lil deeper lol
    Now he forever wonders what in fact she meant lol

You could have asked , what type of business, Explain please?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Never got propostioned in Ireland. Was the only man in history refused entry to a brothel (in my local town,now closed) though. Apparently I was "too drunk". She didn't mind the twenty stone, middle aged man calling for business though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

"Looking for a party" usually means " are you looking for Drugs"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Yep, I was out jogging one night in a lovely area of Dublin and this fat "WAN" stops me and says, "would'ye have a ssseeeemokeeee youngfellllaaaahhhh"
    "I'm out jogging, what do you think?"

I also saw one around the corner taking a dump in an alleyway, I was driving a black mondeo at the time, when she saw that she just pulled up the jocks mid sh1te and ran. I thought that'll be a nice treat for her next customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Snowie wrote: »

Man I would of taken her to the nearest alley way let her blow me, then as she got out reversed over her and robbed her money and drove off and got on with my next job/mission...

Trent? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    all I wanted was to exercise Fizz and maybe scour out some cockles for a quick snack

OK, I looked these euphamisms up in urbandictionary.com, but I couldn't find anything :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

FruitLover wrote: »
    OK, I looked these euphamisms up in urbandictionary.com, but I couldn't find anything :confused:
    Fizz = fizzgig, my little pom, cockles = delicious wild shellfish that live in these parts. Not quite everything is a dirty limerick. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

JG009 wrote: »
    Yep, I was out jogging one night in a lovely area of Dublin and this fat "WAN" stops me and says, "would'ye have a ssseeeemokeeee youngfellllaaaahhhh"
    "I'm out jogging, what do you think?"

I also saw one around the corner taking a dump in an alleyway, I was driving a black mondeo at the time, when she saw that she just pulled up the jocks mid sh1te and ran. I thought that'll be a nice treat for her next customer.

What makes you think they were brazzers? do you actually know what a brazzer does, clown. Sound more like a girl looking for a smoke and junkie taking a dump!.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

I'd be lying if I said that part of me didn't regret saying no :pac:

& we'd all be lying if we said we didn't know which part that might be...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

44leto wrote: »
    When I was in Vegas I was warned if a beautiful woman approaches you for a chat she is a hooker.

Had a similar experience in Germany once. Went into Cologne to an Irish bar to watch a match. There was a stunner at the bar that I got chatting to who seemed to find all my jokes very funny....

That was a blow to the ego. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I work on Baggot street and the place is riddled with them at night - especially around the pepper cannister church.

The bush outside our ground-floor office is full of johnnies - its vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Thats gas. I live really close to there and never heard anything. There used to be a brothel across the road from the garda station close by but thats gone now (so i heard).

Garda cut backs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Not until last year. Then I took a visit to The Kingdom and was approached by an average of 10 every hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Keedowah wrote: »
    I work on Baggot street and the place is riddled with them at night - especially around the pepper cannister church.

The bush outside our ground-floor office is full of johnnies - its vile.

I was gonna thank you for that
    But for all the wrong reasons

Advertisement