Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been approached by a prostitute in Ireland?

Options
  • 27-03-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Dundalk earlier and on my way out of a Lidl car-park a girl tapped on the window.. I unlocked the door and she asked for a euro. Now she did not look like a junkie or scumbag in any way whatsoever, she was actually quite respectable and nice looking, so it was odd that she would ask for €1 like =/

Anywho, I had no change on me at the time and told her that I couldn't help her out. Then she asked if I wanted to "do business".. Shocked I was.. this happened in broad daylight in a very busy area. I just said no thanks and drove off. Am I naive to think that this was in any way out of the ordinary?

Maybe I completely misunderstood what she meant.. perhaps she wanted me to go on Dragon's Den with her.

Has anyone else had a similar type of experience here?

I'd be lying if I said that part of me didn't regret saying no :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Only 1 euro??!!!

You should've gave her a tenner and kept her for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The Dundalk Mafia (KeithM89 & Pighead) will come down on you like a ton of pigs now. I'd run if I were you.

Serious answer: That makes no sense. Someone was having you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

maybe she wanted a euro for a cart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Which Lidl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I was in Dundalk earlier and on my way out of a Lidl car-park a girl tapped on the window

The one at the hill???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

amacachi wrote: »
    Which Lidl?

The one beside The Gym

The one beside The Gym

Odd, I be around there a fair amount and never noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Confab wrote: »
    (Pighead)...will come down on you like a ton of pigs now.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

/of to Dundalk...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

something similar happened to me one day, being a young bucko just moved up to Dublin I looked the lady straight in the face and said "...but I'm not selling anything?"
    And then the realisation hit me, a prostitute was looking down on me for being stupid. Oh the horror, I still think of the rotten yoke (& she was utter filth, a few teeth missing and a face only a surgeon would love to work on) every time I drive down the quay around Smithfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Lidl have really branched out their range of services..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lidl or the gym?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

The one beside The Gym

Thats gas. I live really close to there and never heard anything. There used to be a brothel across the road from the garda station close by but thats gone now (so i heard).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

The one beside The Gym

Don't worry lads I'm getting into the car now to go and thoroughly investigate... :pac:

(where's that ****in euro I seen a few minutes ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Are you sure it just wasn't the car park attendant?

something similar happened to me one day, being a young bucko just moved up to Dublin I looked the lady straight in the face and said "...but I'm not selling anything?"
    And then the realisation hit me, a prostitute was looking down on me for being stupid. Oh the horror, I still think of the rotten yoke (& she was utter filth, a few teeth missing and a face only a surgeon would love to work on) every time I drive down the quay around Smithfield

I was propositioned around there a few years back. Dirty aids infested chronic junkie. Looked like she only had hours to live.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Lidl or the gym?:pac:

I'm an alcoholic so take a wild guess. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I've never even seen an Irish brazzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah, it's definitely odd. I go to that gym sometimes and have never seen or heard of something like it happening. Another thing that was odd is that she (at least sounded) English. She was slim with long, straight, jet-black hair and in her early 20's and had a cracking arse. I had considered reporting it because it just seemed so bizarre at the time. I hope she wasn't in any danger or trouble and just looking to get away from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Probably just a hooker having a sale or something. You'd pay the euro this week and watch the price would rocket up to the standard 40quid by next week.
    They really do have you by the balls in this country.

I've never even seen an Irish brazzer.

Something about a mother or something.

• Advertisement

They really do have you by the balls in this country.

The only way I'd pay 40 quid for them to have a grip of my balls would be if it was with their arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Could have been one of them lidl weekly specials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I was in Dundalk earlier and on my way out of a Lidl car-park a girl tapped on the window.. I unlocked the door and she asked for a euro. Now she did not look like a junkie or scumbag in any way whatsoever, she was actually quite respectable and nice looking, so it was odd that she would ask for €1 like =/

Anywho, I had no change on me at the time and told her that I couldn't help her out. Then she asked if I wanted to "do business".. Shocked I was.. this happened in broad daylight in a very busy area. I just said no thanks and drove off. Am I naive to think that this was in any way out of the ordinary?

Maybe I completely misunderstood what she meant.. perhaps she wanted me to go on Dragon's Den with her.

Has anyone else had a similar type of experience here?

I'd be lying if I said that part of me didn't regret saying no :pac:
    r

Man I would of taken her to the nearest alley way let her blow me, then as she got out reversed over her and robbed her money and drove off and got on with my next job/mission...

dont blame the computer games wither!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I took my dog for a walk on the beach earlier today and was quite surprised by youthful topless sunbathers in the lee of a mighty cliff. Shocked I was, all I wanted was to exercise Fizz and maybe scour out some cockles for a quick snack, but there I was left glancing sidelong at glistening boobs.

No particular relation to the thread, but I thought I would share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Continuity Wolfe Tone

Wouldn't it be funny if she was just coming on to you and wasn't a prostitute at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

yep, in cork by the appartment blocks by the college of comm, healy hall or something I think its called. Was heading through the street about 10 after work to meet a few freinds, and this really old one was standing right outside the door and asked me if I was interested. Was so taken aback. She must have been at least 60 and looked like someone you would see on the early 90's COPS show. Black leather skirt, black fish netty stockings and a short black top. With a withered face, like your hands go from being in the shower too long you know, probably from being spunked on for so many years, uuuuggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

I'm sure it was a prostitute, but it also could have been someone trying to sell you drugs?

Anyway yes, there was a brothel above a shop I used to work in years ago. They used to buy sweeties from me. :D Oh & phone credit, always with the phone credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Wise man OP for driving away

Wasn't there a lot of Limerick men who got named and shamed after being stung by an undercover garda.

Gotta be careful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A few times

About 3 months ago on OConnell street I was offered a BJ for the printably sum of "15" euro, I kind of went "HUH".
    Yeah down the alley there (just next to the Abbey Theatre) then I became instantly suspicious.

She wasn't a bad looking girl, not that, that was a concern for a "15"euro BJ, while still a bit tipsy. But I kind of thought what a perfect way to mug someone, down a dark alley way, some accomplishes waiting, my dick out and a knife in my back. So I said no thanks and walked off towards the taxi rank.

If it happened wouldn't have even reported it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

A work mate was parked up near Arbour hill(Dublin) drinking a coffee from a nice little Italian shop up there, girl taps on the window ( do you's want any Business).....he was dumb founded...

I had to laugh, the way he was telling the story, he said she was like Lego, I said what do you mean Lego? (In bits she was) Haha.

Advertisement