Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Should be fine to play on one monitor, or browse on 3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

TheDoc wrote: »
    These need beefy GPU's?

Think I've got a 560TI Nvidia

Attaching a few Screen caps of my 560ti with Battlefield on medium and ultra (40MB zip) Clicky Here!

Being perfectly honest there's not a whole lot of difference besides shadows and the rendering of some far off objects in the difference between medium and ultra at this resolution.
    I keep mine on medium and its a constant 60-70 fps.

All that being said I'm still looking into getting a 680 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Brian wrote: »
    ?

its the same guy doing the tutorials, but I don't understand what's the point.

Because now OCN

1. can't stop them linking to ebay
    2. can't delete video links because they have swearing in them
    3. can't try to muscle in on group buys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

Hi Everyone,

Considering buying one of the Crossover Monitors could I tap into the vast wealth of knowledge here and ask what type of cable would I need to connect on of these monitors to a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5970, by that I mean what variant of dvi cable ? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

peneau wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Considering buying one of the Crossover Monitors could I tap into the vast wealth of knowledge here and ask what type of cable would I need to connect on of these monitors to a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5970, by that I mean what variant of dvi cable ? Many thanks.

You need a dual link DVI cable which will come with the monitor...

according to this pic, your GPU is unsupported :(

im not sure how accurate that is, or why it wouldnt be supported. my 6990 is a similar beast to yours, and its fine.

deal_pixel2.jpg

Thanks TB, agreed I can't see why it's listed as unsupported as my 5970 has the same DVI output as your 6990 might take a chance, whaddya think oh and what cable type are you using ?

If it doesn't work off dvi, what's stopping it from working off a DP to dvi adapter? you likely got one with your gpu too.

I cant find much info on people doing eyefinity, but I know some people do, and thats the only way you can do it anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks again TB, think I'll go ahead and order one of the Crossovers :D

If you've any interest in OCing it, the catleap is the one to go for.

Have really never been brave enough to go down the OCing route

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

peneau wrote: »
    Have really never been brave enough to go down the OCing route

It's ocing a monitor so its a whole different beast. Also it might be worth your while getting the cheaper catleap and buying an after market stand.

Thanks FF, I'm reviewing the situation .......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    according to this pic, your GPU is unsupported :(

im not sure how accurate that is, or why it wouldnt be supported. my 6990 is a similar beast to yours, and its fine.

deal_pixel2.jpg

Works fine on a 5850.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Looks like some version of this has landed on adverts...

http://www.adverts.ie/monitors/27-2560-x-1440-led-monitor-display/1616577

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Looks like some version of this has landed on adverts...

http://www.adverts.ie/monitors/27-2560-x-1440-led-monitor-display/1616577

Saw that myself earlier, was going to ask about the exact model and make, but then I remembered I haven't the money for anything like that :P

The Hazro was the flavour of the month before the Korean monitors came along. Probably uses the same panel but it's €100 more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can you wall mount the monitor folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Headshot wrote: »
    Can you wall mount the monitor folks?
    You certainly can, it uses a standard bracket AFAIK. Finding a mount to hold 3 of these would be amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

A pic of the delivery we got at the house this morning:D
    204060.jpg
    We'll put up a vid of these running 3 screen eyefinity tonight/tommorrow depending on how good tea and I can get trifire to work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Just another update from someone else who used FedEx.... got a letter from them this morning look for €26 import duty and administration charges.
    Brings my total up to €310, still a great price for what you get though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Looks like a sweet monitor, and a steal at the price. Question for you guys on the size though, how do you find 27", is it too big or just right, how far back do you need to sit ?

I know its probably ideal for a FPS (maybe needs some FOV adjustment though ?), but I find even with a 22" at a meter that I can have trouble keeping track of things in mmos/strategy games, as I focus on one section of the screen, and can miss stuff on the minimap or the odd health bar in other sections. Some times its almost a relief to switch to a 15" screen on a laptop as every thing is in your central vision with little or no eye movement required.

imitation wrote: »
    Looks like a sweet monitor, and a steal at the price. Question for you guys on the size though, how do you find 27", is it too big or just right, how far back do you need to sit ?

I know its probably ideal for a FPS (maybe needs some FOV adjustment though ?), but I find even with a 22" at a meter that I can have trouble keeping track of things in mmos/strategy games, as I focus on one section of the screen, and can miss stuff on the minimap or the odd health bar in other sections. Some times its almost a relief to switch to a 15" screen on a laptop as every thing is in your central vision with little or no eye movement required.

I find it fine with BF3. the size doesn't hinder me much hitting long range targets is alot easier

Havent played any SC2 but ill let ye know how i find it

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

NTMK wrote: »
    A pic of the delivery we got at the house this morning:D

We'll put up a vid of these running 3 screen eyefinity tonight/tommorrow depending on how good tea and I can get trifire to work:D

I assume the monitor stand supplied don't support portrait position?

heid wrote: »
    I assume the monitor stand supplied don't support portrait position?

No it only swivels and tilts(slightly)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As soon as I find a job I'm getting one of these bad boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Thinking of buying one of these or the Achieva one. Does the catleap have a VESA mount? I think I read somewhere that it didn't?

What happens if you run a game on a lower than native resolution? Considering there is no scaling board does it just run at that resolution with black bars around it? Only game from time to time w/ a 6870 and wouldn't fancy playing games surrounded by black bars.

Advertisement