Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I will let you guys know, hopefully they respond with an amount tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Mines now on route to me.. Should be delivered today.. Yippee! Not sure if I'll get stung for customs..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Apr 11, 2012 7:37 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery DUBLIN IE

Nice one......

Apr 11, 2012 9:58 AM Delivery exception DUBLIN IE Customer not available or business closed

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU...... :mad:
    Gonna shoot which ever family member didn't answer the door when I get home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Balls m8. Stab them hard! ;)

Balls m8. Stab them hard! ;)

Ah there shouldn't be any blood shed as long as it arrives before the weekend! :P

I just have the worst patience for shiz like this though!

• Advertisement

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Ah there shouldn't be any blood shed as long as it arrives before the weekend! :P

I just have the worst patience for shiz like this though!

you are welcome to join our club so :D. i am waiting on my u2312hm too! i really hope it will be here tomorrow :(. i got NCT after work on friday, so i wont be at home till 13:00. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My CrossOver arrived today... Deffo worth the extra for the better stand, loads of adjustablity on it. Not a single dead pixel. Quality is class. I can't tell the difference between it and my 27" iMac... Bargin!!!

Oh, I didn't have to pay any customs charges on it.. sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

unklerosco wrote: »
    My CrossOver arrived today... Deffo worth the extra for the better stand, loads of adjustablity on it. Not a single dead pixel. Quality is class. I can't tell the difference between it and my 27" iMac... Bargin!!!

Oh, I didn't have to pay any customs charges on it.. sweet!

Who'd you buy off? I am so close to hitting the order button on one of those Crossovers.

So they've released my monitor from customs. No response to my email, so I imagine I'm now going to be expected to have an unpredictable amount of cash for the postman when he shows up tomorrow morning? :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pretty much yes. Or they take it back and then tell you. :S

You can call their careline with your tracking number and they can tell you about your package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

yuk! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

To all the lucky owners (green w/envy here :D), how wide is the bezel on these monitors? Do they look easy to strip down?

Thanks.

Thinking three of these in eyefinity

glynf wrote: »
    To all the lucky owners (green w/envy here :D), how wide is the bezel on these monitors? Do they look easy to strip down?

Thanks.

you would need one mean bastard of pc to run 3x1440p monitors...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

New PSU, MB, CPU & 3rd GPU....so yeah I'd be upgrading..:D

Well I got mine this morning. €70 customs which isn't too bad. It's a 2C from what I can tell.

Now it won't work with my PC! Connected to the DVI-D of my 6850, flashing green light on the monitor and no picture. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Brian wrote: »
    Well I got mine this morning. €70 customs which isn't too bad. It's a 2C from what I can tell.

Now it won't work with my PC! Connected to the DVI-D of my 6850, flashing green light on the monitor and no picture. Gah.

Went up since 09 then,i got a €300 clutch then,cost me 50 to release it.

This person has a similar problem

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club/2250#post_16905358

Whew, got it to work. A combination of switching ports and using Windows monitor settings instead of catalyst.

Looks amazing.

Happy days !
    If you's could get some pictures to edit to the first post it'd be great.
    Also if you could post up your fps in whichever game's you play with your gpu etc

Good to hear Brian!

After the feck up yesterday mine arrived this morning too :D
    Have to wait until i get home from work at half 5 to see it though, can't wait to see how it compares to my current IPS monitor too.

Small let down ... I can't watch Youtube at 480P on this screen :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

240p instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Thinking of getting one of these to supplement my Dell 3008wfp. May go for the Crossover version. Which ebay sellers are people using?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Good to hear Brian!

After the feck up yesterday mine arrived this morning too :D
    Have to wait until i get home from work at half 5 to see it though, can't wait to see how it compares to my current IPS monitor too.
    I'm very interested in your comparison between this and your other IPS. what monitor is your old one?

happy days Brian. she's stunning isn't she?

I'll try get my PC back together today. I've been procrastinating on it cause I'm so annoyed about its bsods that i want to throw it out the window. I'll take some pics if ye like but it'll be with my phone. I'll update them in May when i get DSLR back.

any particular games you're interested in seeing benchmarks?
    I can say in BF3 in real world scenarios online 64 player maps i play everything ultra but 2xAA and i get a solid 85fps that drop to 65 under intense action. haven't played metro map on it though, cause i don't like it, but i imagine its one of the few where ill actually take a hit on fps.

F1 2011 all ultra presets the benchmark says average fps is 74 with a min of 62:-)

rig in my sig. my GPU is a HD6990 OC to 880/1250.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I'm very interested in your comparison between this and your other IPS. what monitor is your old one?

Got a Dell 2007WFP (20.1") at the moment, nearly 5 years old at this stage so it'll be interesting to see how they compare.
    I'll know later on tonight!

One thing I don't think I've fully taken into consideration with the new one is the size increase.... but sure "Go Big or Go Home" :D

QL 125 fps solid with r_picmip 10 and native res on 6850 + 955BE stock frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

How much are people getting stung for by customs?

Dutycalculator.com says
    From where to where you import
    Edit
    Importing from: Korea
    Importing to: Ireland
    The type of product, its value and where it was manufactured
    Edit
    Product description: Yamakasi Monitor
    Product category: Monitors
    Product value: US$310.00
    Country of manufacture: Korea
    The cost of shipping and insurance of importing
    Edit
    Shipping costs: US$50.00
    Insurance costs: US$10.00
    Calculation results
    Edit
    Total customs value: €281.78
    - Duty: €39.45
    - VAT: €73.88
    Total import duty & taxes due: €113.33
    Total landed cost: €395.11 at USD/EUR exchange rate of 0.7616
    Calculation notes
    Notes on duty & taxes rates

Yamakasi Monitor has an import duty rate of 14% and VAT rate of 23% .

€69 this morning for me from An Post after I sent them my Paypal receipt.

Hmm of you get stung by import duties, then it is not such an bargain. 400eu ish. Then again you can buy dell ips 27inch for 550eu now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Hmm of you get stung by import duties, then it is not such an bargain. 400eu ish. Then again you can buy dell ips 27inch for 550eu now.

And the dell has a nicer stand and warranty. It would be worth it if you could guarantee not to get charged by customs...

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »

any particular games you're interested in seeing benchmarks?
    I can say in BF3 in real world scenarios online 64 player maps i play everything ultra but 2xAA and i get a solid 85fps that drop to 65 under intense action. haven't played metro map on it though, cause i don't like it, but i imagine its one of the few where ill actually take a hit on fps.

F1 2011 all ultra presets the benchmark says average fps is 74 with a min of 62:-)

rig in my sig. my GPU is a HD6990 OC to 880/1250.

BF3 mainly.
    That doesn't look too bad,I suppose my own should be able to take high settings :)

Oh,and I didn't realize I had my settings to hide signatures and avatars lol

Advertisement