Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

GAH! I have to pay €61.33 customs on delivery!

That brings it up to about €330-ish all in... I know thats still a great deal but I cant help but feel like im not winning as much as I was...

I really hope the BLB is minimum...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Hey guys, I am thinking of purchasing a Qnix QX2710

From reading through this a lot of you seem to have gotten it from green sum with no hassle. When I try and purchase http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-2560x1440-WQHD-Samsung-PLS-Monitor-/140934439651?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20d058e2e3#shId

it says it wont deliver to Ireland. How abouts did you go about ordering the monitors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Columc wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am thinking of purchasing a Qnix QX2710

From reading through this a lot of you seem to have gotten it from green sum with no hassle. When I try and purchase http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-2560x1440-WQHD-Samsung-PLS-Monitor-/140934439651?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20d058e2e3#shId

it says it wont deliver to Ireland. How abouts did you go about ordering the monitors?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Express-New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/140997037695?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20d4140e7f

Yep, thats the one I went for ^ . Ill let you know tonight or in the morning how it runs.

Will try overclock to 100hz or so straight away.

Well Its set up, working great and Im proper happy. No dead pix as far as I can see and no bleed to speak of.

I am a happy chappy. Now, to OC this baby.

Be back soon..

• Advertisement

Ok. Im back. She is sittin pretty oc'd at 110hz. I just ran through a game of battlefield 3 at 1440 and 110hz on high settings and fov at 90 with my xfired 6870s and it was.... beautiful..
    Everyone... get one of these monitors.

Next step. Oc my i5 2500k.

Also. The casing is flimsy as hell but I didnt think the stand was that bad? My previous one was a 21" LG flatron. I didnt get worried when I attached it.

Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

The Red wrote: »
    Ok. Im back. She is sittin pretty oc'd at 110hz. I just ran through a game of battlefield 3 at 1440 and 110hz on high settings and fov at 90 with my xfired 6870s and it was.... beautiful..
    Everyone... get one of these monitors.

Next step. Oc my i5 2500k.

Also. The casing is flimsy as hell but I didnt think the stand was that bad? My previous one was a 21" LG flatron. I didnt get worried when I attached it.

Red.

Can you link the guide you used for OCing it?

Or PM me, whichever is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Danger781 wrote: »
    Can you link the guide you used for OCing it?

Or PM me, whichever is easier.

I used this you tube clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaiUgELLnM&noredirect=1

Hey Danger781, yeah the one above was the one I used too, its crazy easy to do too. But the only thing I noticed was he says to disable your xfire before making certain changes, then enabling it later, when I did that, I couldnt choose the new hz settings, I have to redo the process with the xfire enabled to get it to work for it. But it worked like a charm and mine is sitting at 110hz now.

:)

Yeah I have the display port model so don't think I can OC mine, but I'll have a look

• Advertisement

Wait, you do know the Qnix only comes with a Dual DVI input?

Ha! ok, mine has none of those inputs, just the headphones input, power and a dual DVI.

Ha! ok, mine has none of those inputs, just the headphones input, power and a dual DVI.

Yeah that's the model that everyone tends to go for, but I felt that the additional connectivity options could be more useful to me than BF3 / CS:GO on 120Hz :rolleyes:

I haven't tried overclocking it yet but I've been told that because mine has a scaler it doesn't overclock

Good stuff, yeah I dont need any other I/O's on mine, I have loads on the PC.

Just out of curiosity ( and that I might be missing out on some interesting connectivity) what are you going to do with the monitor, set-up wise?

what kind of various connecting can be done with these monitors?

Good stuff, yeah I dont need any other I/O's on mine, I have loads on the PC.

Just out of curiosity ( and that I might be missing out on some interesting connectivity) what are you going to do with the monitor, set-up wise?

what kind of various connecting can be done with these monitors?

Right now it's just my PC monitor, but I bought it for the possibility of connecting it to the PS3 / Android media box / etc.

If I had the time back, I don't know if I would have made the same decision.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got mine from green sum too, perfect no bleed or dead pixels and only link 270e

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Looking at getting one of these soon, but have a graphics card question. I've a sapphire toxic AMD 5850, so old enough by current standards. The ebay ads say that the 5850 isn't compatible with these monitors (Dual DVI), but my 5850 has a Dual DVI-I (analog and digital), surely that's all that's needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

Looking at getting one of these soon, but have a graphics card question. I've a sapphire toxic AMD 5850, so old enough by current standards. The ebay ads say that the 5850 isn't compatible with these monitors (Dual DVI), but my 5850 has a Dual DVI-I (analog and digital), surely that's all that's needed?

I'm using a Crossover monitor on my i7 build which has a HD5970 in it, it's also listed as not being compatible but it does work (also has the Dual DVI-I out), the only consideration is that when the computer boots you don't get the mobo splash screen so you can't get into the mobo config if you've any reason to do so, you'd need to hook it up to a different monitor for that purpose other than that in Win 7x64 it works just fine without any issues, can post you a boot up video if you'd like to see it in action. Hope that helps.

peneau wrote: »
    I'm using a Crossover monitor on my i7 build which has a HD5970 in it, it's also listed as not being compatible but it does work (also has the Dual DVI-I out), the only consideration is that when the computer boots you don't get the mobo splash screen so you can't get into the mobo config if you've any reason to do so, you'd need to hook it up to a different monitor for that purpose other than that in Win 7x64 it works just fine without any issues, can post you a boot up video if you'd like to see it in action. Hope that helps.

Thanks very much, I think the 5970 was essentially two 5850 GPU's so they should be somewhat comparable. No need for the video, I understand what you're saying, just glad to hear it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Sure your not mixing up DVI-I and DVI Dual link ? Dual link means it has two digital connections, most DVI is single link, but the 1440p monitors need it for the extra bandwidth

DVI_Connector_Types.svg

Yeah, this is it here, and as far as I can tell (not on sapphire's website), those are Dual Link DVI-I connections. Maybe not all 5850's had them?

sapphire-toxic-radeon-hd-5850-ports_maxwidth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

The ebay ads say that the 5850 isn't compatible with these monitors (Dual DVI), but my 5850 has a Dual DVI-I (analog and digital), surely that's all that's needed?

Yep, correct. I have a Sapphire 5850 and it works perfect with my 27" @ 1440p despite what those eBay ads say. :)

Great, thanks... now I just have to sell off my other screens first! then reread through this thread again to pick out the best option for me.

My Qnix from Green sum arrived today. In work at the moment so cant get it hooked up till later.

Very impressed with delivery. Ordered it Thursday evening, arrived Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Columc wrote: »
    My Qnix from Green sum arrived today. In work at the moment so cant get it hooked up till later.

Very impressed with delivery. Ordered it Thursday evening, arrived Monday morning.

Any opinions on the monitor? Any back light bleed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im so close to buying one of these monitors now! Everybody is so amazed with the picture its makin me want one right now:(

So i reckon after a bit of tooing and froing im lookin at either the Qnix or X-Star with no perfect pixel and hope for the best(like most people) or ive been looking at the Achieva range. The Achieva Shimian Lite Edge is around €300 without perfect pixel so my question would be has anybody bought an Achieva?

I presuming there a little more expensive for a reason but cant figure it out. A few of the Ads ive looked at for them though dont mention BLB but the Qnix,X-Star ones do(From accessorieswhole they do anyway) so could it be something to do with that?

To be honest id consider spending a few more quid for a guarntee of slightly better quality

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

My catleap i bought in June last year is not working :( it wont keep an image up for long without fading to black. I have tested it with new cables and psu and even tested my gpu with another monitor and its definitely the catleap :(

EoinHef wrote: »
    Any opinions on the monitor? Any back light bleed?

I have a small blacklight bleed on the bottom right of the screen. The screen seems to be pushing against the frame in that area, while everywhere else it looks fine.

Its not noticeable until you have a black background, dark shaded colours work fine.

Gonna have a proper look at it tomorrow to see if I can fix it.

Overall fantastic monitor. the bleed wont affect me too much, I was just looking out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Which of these have people had most success overclocking? That's where my main interest would lie; 1440P @ ~120Hz.

Advertisement