Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

dwighet wrote: »
    I got mine from green sum...DHL was the courier and 54 euro was the import charge which had to be paid before delivery.

Ah feck it. Im just happy I found this thread before I got an original LG or something at that price. 310 for that monitor is astounding. X)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

The Red wrote: »
    Ah feck it. Im just happy I found this thread before I got an original LG or something at that price. 310 for that monitor is astounding. X)

You will be impressed....

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Mine`s in Dublin,..

DUBLIN, DN/Clearance delay - Import

Fedex. should I ring them? see whats happening or?

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Bounce Bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Mine`s in Dublin,..

No, mine said the same.

FedEx won't charge you at the door upon delivery but will send out an invoice roughly a month later for a charge of somewhere in the region of €45

Excellent Thanks for that

• Advertisement

Mine`s in Dublin,..

Are ya gettn a bit EXCITED:D:D

Understatement lol..

Just trying to prepare myself for whats going to be wrong with it... Then trying to fix back light issues etc if needed
    If its 100% good, I will be over the moon, if not, not going there yet,, lets see when it arrives

Understatement lol..

Just trying to prepare myself for whats going to be wrong with it... Then trying to fix back light issues etc if needed
    If its 100% good, I will be over the moon, if not, not going there yet,, lets see when it arrives

Fingers crossed you will be fine...Mine was spot on..

Well, Monitor Arrived yesterday,

First impressions, Wow, its huge..

Unpacked plugged in,, First thing I notice, horrible back light bleed,. Worse than imitations I think

5i6s.jpg

Anyway, I go ahead with windows and Been as busy as I have been lately , havnt been able to look into the Setting up details of this Monitor
    so I read http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

Which dosnt work at all.

First question, it says I need two crossfire Bridge`s to run a crossfire AMD setup., from my understaning only one Was needed? Anyone Shed some light on that bit?

Tried the Step, update Monitor Driver with the catleap.inf ran the AMD Driver Patch and Ran the custom resolution utility
    all together and different stages of each other, results where, Max 2550x1440 At 60Hz just woulded do anything else, got to the
    stage it didnt even recognise the monitor in device manager one stage it was Generic PNP and then None, and no options to change frequency in Windows or Catalyst control Centre, all the drop down menu`s where blank,.. had to do a system Restore to get it back to a
    default setup of windows , and once I updated the AMD Drivers again, I was able to get the 2550x1440 stable again and even load a game
    (as before all game said there was a resolution error) and put swtor and Skyrim at 2550x1440,. which looks great

Second question, anyone got a good Step by step on Setting this up and over clocking and setting colours etc? a good one,

in Regards to the bleed, Well me being me, I couldnt sleep, so been up since 5am, watched some youtude vids and read again Imitations post, Have taken the monitor apart , (really Easy to do) fixed the Stand,,, Jezz that stand is terrible, but I was expecting that,.
    Well I think I have some solutions to the bleed, Same as imitations, its seems the Screen is bowed, and you can See that when you take the bezel off, Im looking at some more vid`s and will have a go at the tape and try some way of sorting the bleed later..

bonus, no dead pixels, just terrible Bleed

Advice and directions Welcome guys,, thanks

Well, Monitor Arrived yesterday,

First impressions, Wow, its huge..

Unpacked plugged in,, First thing I notice, horrible back light bleed,. Worse than imitations I think

5i6s.jpg

Anyway, I go ahead with windows and Been as busy as I have been lately , havnt been able to look into the Setting up details of this Monitor
    so I read http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

Which dosnt work at all.

First question, it says I need two crossfire Bridge`s to run a crossfire AMD setup., from my understaning only one Was needed? Anyone Shed some light on that bit?

Tried the Step, update Monitor Driver with the catleap.inf ran the AMD Driver Patch and Ran the custom resolution utility
    all together and different stages of each other, results where, Max 2550x1440 At 60Hz just woulded do anything else, got to the
    stage it didnt even recognise the monitor in device manager one stage it was Generic PNP and then None, and no options to change frequency in Windows or Catalyst control Centre, all the drop down menu`s where blank,.. had to do a system Restore to get it back to a
    default setup of windows , and once I updated the AMD Drivers again, I was able to get the 2550x1440 stable again and even load a game
    (as before all game said there was a resolution error) and put swtor and Skyrim at 2550x1440,. which looks great

Second question, anyone got a good Step by step on Setting this up and over clocking and setting colours etc? a good one,

in Regards to the bleed, Well me being me, I couldnt sleep, so been up since 5am, watched some youtude vids and read again Imitations post, Have taken the monitor apart , (really Easy to do) fixed the Stand,,, Jezz that stand is terrible, but I was expecting that,.
    Well I think I have some solutions to the bleed, Same as imitations, its seems the Screen is bowed, and you can See that when you take the bezel off, Im looking at some more vid`s and will have a go at the tape and try some way of sorting the bleed later..

bonus, no dead pixels, just terrible Bleed

Advise and directions Welcome guys,, thanks
    As far as overclocking goes..I just followed this youtube clip to and had no hassles.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaiUgELLnM

Im pretty sure one xfire bridge is correct...I only ever had 1 when I had 2 x 6970`s

• Advertisement

Holy mother of god that bleed is brutal... now I'm worried.

Has anyone gotten a bleed free Qnix?

mine has a tiny bit..about the size of a thumb print..Its not noticable at all.

Whoo, nice ... confidence rising...

Here is what looks to be the exact issue on mine,,,

The top is flat and no Bleed

The bottom as you can See by the Spirt level isnt
    h0l4.jpg

So can you straighten it by hand? Or what are you planning to do? Im just planning for the worst if mine is the same... :(

Mine has departed Incheon this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ah sorry dude, that blb looks bad, seems worse than mine. Is it visible during normal games or hust in dark scenes ?Id recommend tape as well, trying to bend it back by hand is too dodgy, as you can only apply force to the edge, but the defect is actually in the backplane part. If you push too much its likely it will kink and damage something. It also just deflects back to its old position. At least theres no dead pixels, whatever about blb you cant fix those for sure

On the plus side, once its done its good, mines been going no hassle for a week and I dont even pick up on the blb even in dark scenes. People also report it can reduce a bit after some settleing in.

Calibration is blissfully easy, follow this guide

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/13500-qnix-qx2710-review-2560x1440-matte-overclock-able-pls-2.html#post1016117

tldr version

Max brightness, press br - 16 times, apply a windows profile of choice, although out of the box is good.

How would you Recommend I tape it

I have Put tape on the centre of the back of The Bezel but I dont that that is doing enough, how Much put on? Pile it on? to force the centre back only
    I have changed the sides along the bottom (both ends of the spirit level as there are no pads in place that these ends would be sitting on)so I have added Some other Pads to stablise them...

Just when I push the centre, I see some difference , just dont know how much Tape to use etc

How would you Recommend I tape it

I have Put tape on the centre of the back of The Bezel but I dont that that is doing enough, how Much put on? Pile it on? to force the centre back only
    I have changed the sides along the bottom (both ends of the spirit level as there are no pads in place that these ends would be sitting on)so I have added Some other Pads to stablise them...

Just when I push the centre, I see some difference , just dont know how much Tape to use etc

I used about 3mm worth, layer it on, put the bezel on at see how it looks, you'll probably need more by the looks. Also there is a foam pad behind the screen bottom center, some people say its too high and pushes the screen out. Finally I wedged a bit of plastic under the metal rail on the right to force the side of the screen out a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'll take a picture of mine later.. I have very very minimal BLB.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Also no bleed on my QNIX from accessorieswhole... :)

• Advertisement

:-(

am managing to get the bleed down, but Now there is a gap between the screen and Bezel just behind the Qnix Sticker.. and a big enough one at that
    And even at that its not enough,, Have put loads of tape on and still not enough

I think my only option would be to return it........... this is insane... It`s bleed is so bad,

Have emailed them and showed them a Pic,,, Anyone every have to communicate with them?

When I did mine I have to apply the force to specific points , I know you've probably done this, but on the off hand it helps, here is a rough idea of where in did it (up arrows are "in", Down arrows are "out")

3axu.jpg

Its definitely worth contacting the seller to see what they say, its pretty exceptional BLB, I know accessorieswhole make a big statement about it, but I think an ebay claim would hold for that level of blb..

It seems totally random. Is there a correlation to the amount of bleed and where you guys bought your Monitors?

I got mine from Green-Sum and they have messaged me a few times regarding marking the delivery box etc and they couldnt be nicer.

Dark_Jedi, where did you get yours?

Got mine From Accessorieswhole.. As many have,, (almost seemed like there Was more than Green-sum)

Thanks imitation,,

see this is the way I was doing it,, Tell me otherwise please if Im wrong
    I had Put Pads under both right and left ends, and then Tape on the back of the Bezel(by the ton load) to push the monitor middle in as this was what seemed to reduce the BLB but I cant seem to be able to push it in enough

And only at one Point in the Middle about 2-3 inches long,, you think I should change that?

09s4.jpg

Got mine From Accessorieswhole.. As many have,, (almost seemed like there Was more than Green-sum)

Thanks imitation,,

see this is the way I was doing it,, Tell me otherwise please if Im wrong
    I had Put Pads under both right and left ends, and then Tape on the back of the Bezel(by the ton load) to push the monitor middle in as this was what seemed to reduce the BLB but I cant seem to be able to push it in enough

And only at one Point in the Middle about 2-3 inches long,, you think I should change that?

09s4.jpg

Yeah thats what I did. Im really not too sure how you would fix it beyond that, perhaps its worth posting in one of those larger threads for advice ? Sucks its so bad :( I guess its either a case of returning it or opening it further (with the risks it brings).

Thanks, Well Im not going further into it, Its to bad, I have contacted them and will see what happens,,,

Shame its a great monitor, but that BLB is way to bad,.... the thing is I still want the monitor,, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

Thanks, Well Im not going further into it, Its to bad, I have contacted them and will see what happens,,,

Shame its a great monitor, but that BLB is way to bad,.... the thing is I still want the monitor,, :(

Well done and so you should, that's not back light bleed it's back light hemorrhaging, best of luck.

Arrived today... thats from Seoul to Moate, Westmeath in 2 DAYS!!! Go DHL.

Its in a friends office so will inspect tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Arrived today... thats from Seoul to Moate, Westmeath in 2 DAYS!!! Go DHL.

Its in a friends office so will inspect tonight.

Wow that was quick as..... :eek:

• Advertisement

Postage is actually a fairly big % of the monitors cost as far as I can gather.

Got my duty bill today, 47 quid. Still cheap at that, just wish it was easier to pay !

Advertisement