Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

May it rust in peace. Or pieces.

By the by, does anyone know where I can get some kayfun replacement screws for the atty head? I think mines are rusty - looks like darker liquid coming from the 2 channel holes if I shake it lightly (not sure how to explain this better..) - btw I'm able to see it from using a PMMA clear tank section.

Cheers!

Ps: Also waiting for a vamo v5 and another kayfun + the new quartz kayfun nanotank yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b56e39ba1f62301224aa417e84.jpg

Pool?!?

At the beach?!?

ROCK pool! Where you catch crabs. Be careful this summer, kids!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Boogietime wrote: »
    By the by, does anyone know where I can get some kayfun replacement screws for the atty head? I think mines are rusty - looks like darker liquid coming from the 2 channel holes if I shake it lightly (not sure how to explain this better..) - btw I'm able to see it from using a PMMA clear tank sectional.

Cheers!

Ps: Also waiting for a vamo v5 and another kayfun + the new quartz kayfun nanotank yay!
    I pulled 2 out of an old remote control car I had knocking about.Raid the kids room for small toys

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Still getting my head around the myVapors software, but it basically lets you connect it to your PC and change everything on the device, see usage stats, puff time, date time, date since last charge, change screensavers, set alarms to wake you in the morning etc and more Phew!

I followed your lead and also made a purchase (great price btw) which arrived today although I haven't really had a chance to play around with it yet.

I was however, wondering what your device is reporting as remaining battery. My device is currently showing at 95% charge while the software reports there being 630mAh remaining. I would have expected this to be close to the 2100mAh capacity. What is yours like in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I think it could be a wee glitch in the myvapors software.

See the vid here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91138371&postcount=3116

About 43.30 into the vid, PBusardo mentions it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^He made an hour long vid on a new device :eek:

The man's a fcking legend. Self-regulation at its finest.

accaguest wrote: »
    ^^He made an hour long vid on a new device :eek:

The man's a fcking legend. Self-regulation at its finest.

He certainly is a legend, although a thorough one :)

Nah, that was just part one of two, seriously!! :D
    There's a lot more going on with the eVic, I'm learning more each day.
    Apart from the puff counter and battery life, photos, screensaver etc. there is so, so much more.

With the software you can program the actual device.

Set ohms at (X) for (Y) amount of second per puff.
    Set Voltage to drop or stay constant at a certain rate, or not.

Use the software to Mix ohms/watts as you vape.

Auto updates and auto firmware updates to keep the device on top.

I'll say it just once more "AWESOME PIECE OF KIT"

I really don't have the vocabulary or knowledge to explain how advanced it is, watch the vid, Phill explains it all so much better than I ever could.

Love it, love it, love it. Love it more cos it cost less than a hundred squids with next day delivery.

He certainly is a legend, although a thorough one :)

Seriously, he's fckin brilliant. I generally go to Scott from ecig-reviews to see if I'll like something - I seem to have similar taste preferences as him and he was the first reviewer I came accross (plus I like that I can always tell when it's an old video due to his horrendous choppers :)) - but I'd never do anything without checking Phil's technical breakdown of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

accaguest wrote: »
    Seriously, he's fckin brilliant. I generally go to Scott from ecig-reviews to see if I'll like something - I seem to have similar taste preferences as him and he was the first reviewer I came accross (plus I like that I can always tell when it's an old video due to his horrendous choppers :)) - but I'd never do anything without checking Phil's technical breakdown of it.

I always look for recommendations from pbusardo,Todd ecigreviews,igetcha69 & RiP Trippers for building coils & a few others I watch,for clones,I use a man who just loves saying the word "****" VapingwithTwisted420 & a few more reviewers.

Here is a geezer from Dublin,he is slow but he is thorough with his reviews AndrewWVids .
    Another clone man is Suck My Mod & I like looking at his better half;):).

I still watch
    GrimmGreen

Some of his vids are a bit soppy now,especially when his wife appears,she is camera shy & lies on the floor & has that southern American accent,they make a juice called "Namber" & I get it from my local shop,I really love one of their juices called "Strawberry Circus" I rock it on a sub ohm dripper,fantastic.
    For all American juices,go to http://www.vaporium.eu/ his shop is only down the road from me,he sells all the top shelf luxurious juices,a lot dearer than juices like dekang,hangsen & wicked,I started laying out more money for those top shelf liquids & they are 50 times better than the cheap ones,it took me a long time to pay €10 or €12 for a 15ml bottle,now I am buying 30ml bottles for around €20,but it is bloody good stuff.
    I just ordered 30ml of "Grants Vanilla Custard" just to see what others were raving about,that cost me £16.

To round it off,have a look at this nutty reviewer,I do love watching him IndoorSmokers :D:D:D:D

here is a newish guy who talks about clones & how & where to buy good clones,takes a bit of time to get use to him,but he does come out with some true facts,he never vapes in front of the camera unless he has to demonstrate a certain dripper or something
    Pegasus1337

Thats enough of my ranting,have a good Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I think it could be a wee glitch in the myvapors software.

About 43.30 into the vid, PBusardo mentions it.

Yes, could well be. Will keep an eye on it over the next while to see if it corrects itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

For all American juices,go to http://www.vaporium.eu/ his shop is only down the road from me,he sells all the top shelf luxurious juices,a lot dearer than juices like dekang,hangsen & wicked,I started laying out more money for those top shelf liquids & they are 50 times better than the cheap ones,it took me a long time to pay €10 or €12 for a 15ml bottle,now I am buying 30ml bottles for around €20,but it is bloody good stuff.

The range is huge! I'll definitely give that vaporium guy a try in the next few months (will have to break the piggybank:pac:)

Cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

My latest shopping cart from FT

Fogger V2
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/1511800
    Stingray Mech Mod, Copper
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/1727601
    Tobh V2 RDA, Copper
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/1756801

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Stingray X Style Stainless Steel + Copper + Hybrid adaptor ,his one looks a winner :)
    18350 / 18500 / 18650

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1782900

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Innokin VV3.0 and a Janty something or other stainless steel clearomizer (RGB 900 maybe)! Some kind of generic Dekang liquid, it's ok but I'll buy more when I can afford food / essentials first! :)

Here's hoping. Again!

A spanking new Vamo V5 in Stainless Steel.

I LOVE my new Evic Supreme and get endless hours of fun with the Myvapors software, but still missed my Vamo (probably for sentimental reasons more than anything)

Took the plunge today and ordered another to replace my, submerged in salt water one :D

Expecting it tomorrow, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They fixed the vamo with the v5 didn't they? I have a v2 and the centre pin kept sinking. Aswell as that the 9.9 ohms reading when attaching an atty was a pita.

I "Think" the newest V5 has updated software and better display icons too.

Will let ye know tomorrow.

Hal1 wrote: »
    They fixed the vamo with the v5 didn't they? I have a v2 and the centre pin kept sinking. Aswell as that the 9.9 ohms reading when attaching an atty was a pita.

Yeah I'd agree with that.
    Seems all the niggles of the earlier models were finally sorted out with the V5

My only gripe with the Vamo and it's a small one. The way the fire button wobbles around a bit! Always works, just wobbles lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

The buttons supplied with the FT Hana enclosure should be perfect. Love them clicky little buttons.

• Advertisement

The buttons supplied with the FT Hana enclosure should be perfect. Love them clicky little buttons.

I wanted something like this for the fire button, but I'm not sure it would fit. when it arrives I can measure it up and find one in that style that fits. I was wondering if anyone had found one that fits so i would be ready to go when the fastech order finally gets here.
    do you have one? could you measure the diameter of that recess around the fire button and the depth available behind the switch?

The recess is 12mm, you have 20mm width and about 15mm from the bottom of the 510 connector to the top of the board.

Hi heli, you don't want one of those buttons for your DNA30 build. I have bought one for an unregulated box mod, for which it's perfect. The small ones are perfect for the DNA30. They are nice and clicky for navigation purposes. The bigger one you've linked to has a spongey type feel and next to useless for a regulated device. Trying to press it five times to either lock or unlock your mod with quickly become a chore. Anyway its most likely too big for the enclosure anyway. Stick to the supplied buttons.

Thanks guys, I'll try it with the supplied button and see how I get on. They just look a bit dinky imo so I would like something nicer purely for aesthetics but I also I thought I heard that some people had problems with the clones sticking on and overheating? And I heard a couple of people complaining that the small size became sore on the finger after prolonged use. What do you think?

Heli, if they're anything like the buttons I have, they will be perfect, trust me. The have a really nice tactile action. The big horn style buttons are for bigger boxmods where you don't need to navigate menus.They have a nice throw and feel but unsuitable for a DNA30 build IMO. Especially when you're going to be struggling for space and drilling out that nice enclosure is another unnecessary job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yep and the price is going up,bidding war >.<

Looks like a Hammond box. Maybe it's platinum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Not for me,I wouldn't pay that high postage

Advertisement