Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Great to get a win

Be interesting to see how we can negate the loss of Engram for the next few weeks

Looks like we will need to put up a decent score to keep up with the Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Great to get a win

Be interesting to see how we can negate the loss of Engram for the next few weeks

Looks like we will need to put up a decent score to keep up with the Saints

Could be a repeat of that game in the superdome a few years ago

That was a fun game to watch minus the loss

Bloody face mask on a punter and last second FG

Hopefully being outdoors will slow Brees down a little

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Very poor game to watch. Mainly from an offensive point of view.

Eli missed OBJ on a few, didn't ever look like he was willing to take a shot or a risk either. Was all fairly bland and safe. Not sure if Eli, Oline, or Shurmur.

Barkley only had 10 carries. We still can't get any decent push in the run game from our line, though. Romo was commentating and he basically said we are super limited because of it. No 7 step drops or deep ball because the line just won't allow for it.

That's the only thing that might make you think Eli isn't finished, but despite an OK statline, he just didn't look great.

Worst thing, I expected this tbh.

Awful game to watch alright

Things are bad when we make the Saints look like the have a good D

You won't win many games by scoreing less than 30 points these days and we haven't scored 30 since the Coughlin days

In fairness our D was very good for the most part in the Redzone but unfortunately our run D got killed at the end of the game

Prob should have been a bigger loss than 15 points

Next up Carolina ... not expecting much there either

• Advertisement

Awful game to watch alright

Things are bad when we make the Saints look like the have a good D

You won't win many games by scoreing less than 30 points these days and we haven't scored 30 since the Coughlin days

In fairness our D was very good for the most part in the Redzone but unfortunately our run D got killed at the end of the game

Prob should have been a bigger loss than 15 points

Next up Carolina ... not expecting much there either

i read somewhere that we now have the longest streak for not scoring 30 in a game. The Browns previously held that "record"

Ouch I didn't realize it's that bad

This team keeps coming up with new levels of stupidity

And again..... and again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ahhh **** it

• Advertisement

Christ..I give up

Refs seemed to rob us tonight, unfortunately. Collins roughing call, the Mccaffery "first down" were pick of the bunch, but there were a few bad calls that were just crippling.

Least the 30 points thing is finally done.

I just knew that FG would be good for Carolina

Seems no kickers miss against us in game winning situations

Bit like the Eagles kicker last year

Can’t Ant believe there hasn’t been an outpouring of anger here with Erik flowers been released!!!

Only Collins left from a draft class where we had the 9th overall pick.

wawaman wrote: »
    Can’t Ant believe there hasn’t been an outpouring of anger here with Erik flowers been released!!!

4dcb9664c2b0ef91becf588420b24432.jpg

I'm off tomorrow so I'm gonna stay up and watch the game.. Not expecting much either

I'm hitting the leaba. I would love positive news in the morning even though I can't see it. We always under play the Eagles

I'm an idiot with work at 8 in the morn but staying up for some of this at least. I'll know by 2 how **** we look :pac:

Edit: just seeing Ellison is out along with Engram tonight. So no TE worth talking about. Ellison's blocking would have been massive against this Eagles front too.

Dammit, that's deflating tbh.

• Advertisement

What a start... FFS!!

Yeah, not been great.

Thought that it could easily have been PI for that Shepard pass in the end zone though.

Haven't seen many given lately for tangling legs

Well that's the season

Just on highlights we looked awful

Anyone know of any good qb's we can take in the draft with the number one pick?

Yeah, Justin Herbert is the clear number 1 at the moment, from Oregon. Can't see him not going in top 5, or even top 3 tbh.

Nick Bosa (DE) and Ed Oliver (DT) are perhaps the top 2 players, and Herbert being the best QB can easily go in that top 3 range then, depending on how things fall.

He may not declare, is the only thing. His brother is due to join Oregon next year and he loves playing there. However, the following year's draft will have Jake Frohm, who is massively rated, and Alabama's Tua, who stock is rising all the time. I doubt he's the number 1 QB in that draft class which is meant to be far stronger than the 2019 draft class.

Other names I've seen mentioned are Haskins from Ohio state and Will Grier (can't remember who he plays for). I don't think they're quite as highly rated as Herbert, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Will always be utterly baffled as to why the Giants didn't take Sam Darnold in the draft. The Jets seriously lucked in on this call. Barkley is very good but Darnold could have lead this team for the next 10 years.

I listen to the Boomer and Gio show on WFAN most days and everyone was so hopeful for this Giants team. I just wasn't seeing the reason for the optimism.

Manning is done.

I didn't support benching Eli last year but surely we need to see Lauletta in a few games this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

I didn't support benching Eli last year but surely we need to see Lauletta in a few games this year

This is a different regime. They cut Flowers.

But.....

They also were the ones who passed on a QB and invested in Eli. So we'll have to see.

The OBJ thing is getting on my t**s. If he wasn't signed, I'd say fine. But he has his money. Act professional. Support your team and stop with the antics.

• Advertisement

Odell only behaved until he got his contract

He didn't change, he didn't mature

His antics will only get worse as the season goes on

Advertisement